• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 70,972 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:59 PM

The Stones Bowie x 3 The Who x6 Bruce Springsteen Sinatra at Ibrox The Eagles Alice Cooper x2 Black Sabbeth Deep Purple Clapton Pink Floyd Tina Turner TRex Led Zeppelin Alex Harvey Little Feat Streetwalkers Outlaws Whitesnake Crosby Stills Nash and Young Queen Aerosmith. Yes, Slade when they were a skinhead band
Iggy Pop Bob Dylan
And on it goes

Slade here also in a local park round about '73....just checked it was 18/6/72.....Nazareth were also on the bill.

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#22 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,466 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:13 PM

The Stones Bowie x 3 The Who x6 Bruce Springsteen Sinatra at Ibrox The Eagles Alice Cooper x2 Black Sabbeth Deep Purple Clapton Pink Floyd Tina Turner TRex Led Zeppelin Alex Harvey Little Feat Streetwalkers Outlaws Whitesnake Crosby Stills Nash and Young Queen Aerosmith. Yes, Slade when they were a skinhead band
Iggy Pop Bob Dylan
And on it goes

Out of that lot I saw The Who,Alice Cooper,Sabbath,Whitesnake,.....impressive list there

Northern%20Ireland.gif

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#23 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,433 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:17 PM

Now I know that I'm getting old.

Nothing on that list appeals to me.

I'll just have to stick with LVB's greatest hits.

Edited by Hairy Scot, 02 August 2017 - 06:18 PM.

Shit Creek

#24 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:22 PM

Iggy Pop Bob Dylan
And on it goes

going by some of the bands you mention Mak, I have a feeling you were at an open air concert at Parkhead, 1976 mate.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#25 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:24 PM

Out of that lot I saw The Who,Alice Cooper,Sabbath,Whitesnake,.....impressive list there

saw Alice Cooper live in Perth West Australia. What some folk will do to get to a concert.... :lol:

#26 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,466 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:29 PM

Iggy Pop Bob Dylan
And on it goes

You can only pick one,which gig was your fave?

Northern%20Ireland.gif

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#27 Makdee

Makdee

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:43 PM

You can only pick one,which gig was your fave?

Oh hard one they were all great for different reasons example saw The who at Parkead 76  along with Litte Feat Outlaws Streetwalkers and Alex Harvey That day should have been about The Who but for me and many others The SAHB stole the show.

Or Sinatra my Dads hero he had saw him booed off the stage in I think it was the Glasgow empire and here he was playing Ibrox My dad just sat there he even had a few tears in his eyes. In honesty Sinatra was done his voice had gone but his charisma was palatable

But as you have put me on the spot I will go for Bowies Spiders from mars. It just blew me away 

#28 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:52 PM

Oh hard one they were all great for different reasons example saw The who at Parkead 76  along with Litte Feat Outlaws Streetwalkers and Alex Harvey That day should have been about The Who but for me and many others The SAHB stole the show.

Or Sinatra my Dads hero he had saw him booed off the stage in I think it was the Glasgow empire and here he was playing Ibrox My dad just sat there he even had a few tears in his eyes. In honesty Sinatra was done his voice had gone but his charisma was palatable

But as you have put me on the spot I will go for Bowies Spiders from mars. It just blew me away 

I was there also....

#29 Makdee

Makdee

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:57 PM

I was there also....

It was a great day as I say for me the SAHB stole it. The biggest disappointment for me from a band I have seen many times was The Who's light shown it was still light 

#30 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,466 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:16 PM

Would like to have saw Bowie in his pomp

My bro went to Slane in 86,on the bill was Queen,Chris Rea and a new band on the scene.....The Bangles.....said Queen were shit and the Bangles stole the show

Northern%20Ireland.gif

#31 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,466 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:57 AM

I'll add some more but going on the theme they must be dead and Mak has saw every fucker before they snuffed it :lol:

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Elvis

Rat Pack

AC/D.C. with Bonn Scott

Clash with Joe Strummer

Full Beatles

Motorhead with Lemmy

Joy Division with Ian Curtis

Led Sep with John Bonham

The Blues Brothers with John Belushi

Thin Lizzy with Phil Lynott

Can't decide which one to pick

Northern%20Ireland.gif

#32 Makdee

Makdee

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:15 PM

I'll add some more but going on the theme they must be dead and Mak has saw every fucker before they snuffed it :lol:

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Elvis

Rat Pack

AC/D.C. with Bonn Scott

Clash with Joe Strummer

Full Beatles

Motorhead with Lemmy

Led Sep with John Bonham

Well saw Lynyrd Skynyrd when the supported Golden Earring end of f 74 at the Apollo.

Never saw Elvis

Never saw the Rat Pack except for Sinatra

Never saw Ac/DC

Never saw the Clash

I unfortunately never saw the Beatles all together

No Motörhead

No Joy Division

Yes to Led Zep and John Bonham

No Blues Brothers

Yep saw Thin Lizzy with Phil Lynott 77 I think

Edited by Makdee, 04 August 2017 - 12:17 PM.

#33 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,466 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:18 PM

Well saw Lynyrd Skynyrd when the supported Golden Earring end of f 74 at the Apollo.
Never saw Elvis
Never saw the Rat Pack except for Sinatra
Never saw Ac/DC
Never saw the Clash
I unfortunately never saw the Beatles all together
No Motörhead
No Joy Division
Yes to Led Zep and John Bonham
No Blues Brothers
Yep saw Thin Lizzy with Phil Lynott 77 I think

So which do you pick

Northern%20Ireland.gif

#34 Makdee

Makdee

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:32 PM

So which do you pick

Led Zeppelin still a favourite on my music lists

#35 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:28 PM

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Elvis

Rat Pack

AC/D.C. with Bonn Scott

Clash with Joe Strummer

Full Beatles

Motorhead with Lemmy

Led Sep with John Bonham

My pick would have to be Led Zep with Bonham.

Seen the original Skynyrd (#airguitaragogo) & Lizzie with Phil Lynott.

#36 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,466 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:37 PM

Led Zeppelin still a favourite on my music list

My pick would have to be Led Zep with Bonham.

Seen the original Skynyrd (#airguitaragogo) & Lizzie with Phil Lynott.

Would love to have saw one of his 45 minute drum solos

And they were great fishermen too :lol: 

Northern%20Ireland.gif

#37 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 01:53 PM

Would love to have saw one of his 45 minute drum solos

And they were great fishermen too :lol:

not 45 but a wee sample....he's having a whale of a time....

#38 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:23 PM

Take it that was the Apollo Glasgow Mak? I caught them there when they headlined in November '75. Just checked & the support was Sutherland Bros & Quiver. Another one I was at was Uriah Heep...brilliant.

#39 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,466 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:42 PM

I recommend this if you haven't already indulged,superb read

51kj%2BUeoeGL._SX326_BO1,204,203,200_.jp

Northern%20Ireland.gif

#40 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:11 PM

I recommend this if you haven't already indulged,superb read

51kj%2BUeoeGL._SX326_BO1,204,203,200_.jp

The wife bought me one a few years ago Norn, I couldn't get into it as it was sooooo deep and contained a helluva lot of stuff which I couldn't relate to. I gave up. I'm sure it was this one...

6445709.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users