Photo

What can I buy for the price of one Neymar?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 18,433 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:30 PM

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-40806702

When will this transfer madness cease?

Shit Creek

#2 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,435 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:40 PM

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-40806702

When will this transfer madness cease?

It wont, we all know the root cause of it all and the crazy spending and investment is spilling over to other leagues. Some subsidised by billionaires or TV money.

These prices can not be sustained and the wages are obscene. Some clubs do have to be careful with the stupid investment and in all honesty I'm so content the league here is miles away from the big bucks.....at least our game can survive on the limited money our country brings in......would obviously love to see big spending like in Englamd and elsewhere but I can see problems ahead so thankful we are not mixed up with it all.

Would still be nice mind you !!

#3 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,466 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:50 PM

Screenshot_2017-08-02-20-46-28-1.png

Northern%20Ireland.gif

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#4 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:39 AM

It wont, we all know the root cause of it all and the crazy spending and investment is spilling over to other leagues. Some subsidised by billionaires or TV money.

These prices can not be sustained and the wages are obscene. Some clubs do have to be careful with the stupid investment and in all honesty I'm so content the league here is miles away from the big bucks.....at least our game can survive on the limited money our country brings in......would obviously love to see big spending like in Englamd and elsewhere but I can see problems ahead so thankful we are not mixed up with it all.

Would still be nice mind you !!

Well, well, well Cam....never ever thought I would see that! I presumed that kind of business would be completely against your strongly held (which I respect whilst disagreeing with you) belief.

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#5 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,435 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:44 PM

Oh I cant deny I would love to be in the shoes of the real supporters of Utd, Lpool, Chelsea etc with all the money and razamatazz that comes with their league these days but another part of me is glad the Scottish league is not in that particular situation..............sure its all rosey now in the EPL and other leagues where the money is just insane but I think there is trouble ahead for some of these teams, how they can sustain paying 6 figure wages per week and paying hundreds of millions on transfers on players can only result in serious trouble in the long term, who knows how far ahead that is but it cant keep getting higher and higher. Its just so ugly.

#6 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,433 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 11:50 PM

Oh I cant deny I would love to be in the shoes of the real supporters of Utd, Lpool, Chelsea etc with all the money and razamatazz that comes with their league these days but another part of me is glad the Scottish league is not in that particular situation..............sure its all rosey now in the EPL and other leagues where the money is just insane but I think there is trouble ahead for some of these teams, how they can sustain paying 6 figure wages per week and paying hundreds of millions on transfers on players can only result in serious trouble in the long term, who knows how far ahead that is but it cant keep getting higher and higher. Its just so ugly.

Because they're owned either by a country or by a major airline which is heavily subsidised by a country.

Shit Creek

#7 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,435 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 05:32 AM

Because they're owned either by a country or by a major airline which is heavily subsidised by a country.

The elephant in the room here though is Sky TV and now other TV deals who have heavily subsidised the EPL.

Now other leagues are needing huge investmemt to keep up with the EPL teams, where does it stop.
The vast amounts of money being spent is disgusting.

Also leaves the less atttactive nations and leagues in a poorer position every new season.

Look at Scotland for example, Aberdeen, Rangers and Saints out before league duty starts, Celtic scraping through. Every season the ranking gets lower while teams in more affluent leagues are seeded higher each year.
Everton for example are paying 10s of millions on a player and a squad worth over 100 million, Aberdeen have a squad worth, well who knows but not very much, 2 million at a push.

How can a clubs in leagues with little investment compete with the TV deals and now these sugar daddys at various clubs. Its a big issue and by the looks of it only getting worse. The way its going just now in 10 years time Scottish clubs will be buying from Junior teams as the TV deals go up and drive the wages and transfer fees even higher......what is the end game ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users