Celtic v Hearts

60 replies to this topic

#21 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 5,297 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 09:10 PM

Lucky no to get a 2nd yella ( no for that)

I heard that. Complete liability

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#22 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,297 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 10:36 PM

There's only one Jon Daly

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#23 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,983 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 10:41 PM

There's only one Jon Daly

He certainly did not appreciate BR's comments.

Is there now some new fad where managers feel it is incumbent upon them to offer their views on how the opposition run their clubs?

Drogon%20.gif?_subject_uid=33500869&raw=

#24 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,038 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 11:34 PM

Is there now some new fad where managers feel it is incumbent upon them to offer their views on how the opposition run their clubs?

As a manager hes allowed his opinion on a fellow getting bumped before a ball is kicked. Not that i agree with his opinion

Any thoughts on laugherty giving the finger to celtic fans?

Lets be honest if this was the other way around it would be a topic a
on here.

Cammy is this inciting fans? Is this worse than celebrating a goal in front on rival fans?

Basty , is this an action that could spark trouble like griff tying the scarf to a goalpost?
Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#25 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,297 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 11:40 PM

Crowd give player abuse for 90 minutes then get their knickers in a twist when they get a tiny bit back.

Mental regardless of who does it

That said I expect him to be punished for it. He would be if he played for Old Firm club

#26 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,983 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 12:03 AM

As a manager hes allowed his opinion on a fellow getting bumped before a ball is kicked. Not that i agree with his opinion

on here.

Cammy is this inciting fans? Is this worse than celebrating a goal in front on rival fans?

Basty , is this an action that could spark trouble like griff tying the scarf to a goalpost?

I was referring only to the comments that apparently upset Daly; those about the way in which HoM is being run. So please don't try to expand my comments to suit your agenda.

I agree everyone is entitled to opinions, but sometimes it is best to keep them to oneself. Not very tactful to deliver that type of comment after a defeat. Comes across as patronising.

However, it does seem to have become a common occurrence in the modern game, and that was my point. I was not just having a shot at BR.

There are lots of things in the modern game that would never have happened back in the day. It seems to me that managers and players have lost respect for their counterparts and feel free to impart their views whether appropriate or not.

#27 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,419 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:21 AM

on here.

It may well have been mate but I can assure you I certainly wouldn't be starting a thread because any Celtic player or a player from ANY team gave the finger to Gers fans. A load of shite or to put it politely..'Much ado about nothing'.....and if any bluenose on here did start one about something so fucking innocuous I would be saying that. He had been getting dog's abuse I heard so a wee flick of a digit aint nowt to howl at the moon about.

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#28 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,419 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 06:23 AM

I never heard what Rogers said about Hearts but I've read and heard third hand. Got to say I'm surprised because any time I have heard him during an interview he has been nothing but respectful in his answers to questions.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#29 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,038 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:59 AM

It may well have been mate but I can assure you I certainly wouldn't be starting a thread because any Celtic player or a player from ANY team gave the finger to Gers fans. A load of shite or to put it politely..'Much ado about nothing'.....and if any bluenose on here did start one about something so fucking innocuous I would be saying that. He had been getting dog's abuse I heard so a wee flick of a digit aint nowt to howl at the moon about.

Absolutely and im with you on it , as i was regards griff but basty and cam ( bssty in linfield thread and cam in celtic v gers and linfield ) says griff was to blame tlfor igniting it but not a peep on this subject and they are pretty quick regards to anything involving celtic

#30 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,419 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:44 AM

Absolutely and im with you on it , as i was regards griff but basty and cam ( bssty in linfield thread and cam in celtic v gers and linfield ) says griff was to blame tlfor igniting it but not a peep on this subject and they are pretty quick regards to anything involving celtic

I'll let you carry on with Bastion and Cam then..... :thumbup:

#31 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 32,224 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:58 PM

First I've heard of it.....

Are you suggesting duplicity on my part, as he plays for Hearts/NI ?
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#32 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,038 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:38 PM

First I've heard of it.....

Are you suggesting duplicity on my part, as he plays for Hearts/NI ?

No , as the thumb was criticized for the scarf thing , this should be too

#33 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 32,224 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:42 PM

No , as the thumb was criticized for the scarf thing , this should be too

Agreed...... but I can only agree or call it out, when I have knowledge of it.

Guys a loose cannon at times. Should be charged by SPL.
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#34 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 18,616 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:19 PM

GettyImages-539573328.jpg

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#35 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,297 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:45 PM

Just when you thought the Scottish Media couldn't get any lower they have actually claimed that it was the Celtic support singing it

#36 endersgame

endersgame

Veteran

• 1,395 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:51 PM

I wouldn't have a problem with it so long as it is a honest assessment. As far as I can tell Roger's was defending Cathro who he feels was hard done by. It is pretty obvious looking at the likes of Lafferty that Hearts do have players that favour a more direct game. Cathro likes a possession based game, so there was a disconnect. It appeared to me that Hearts wanted Cathro the coach but not Cathro the manager. In truth Hearts never fully trusted him with the job.

#37 sployal

sployal

Veteran

• 1,303 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:59 PM

I wouldn't have a problem with it so long as it is a honest assessment. As far as I can tell Roger's was defending Cathro who he feels was hard done by. It is pretty obvious looking at the likes of Lafferty that Hearts do have players that favour a more direct game. Cathro likes a possession based game, so there was a disconnect. It appeared to me that Hearts wanted Cathro the coach but not Cathro the manager. In truth Hearts never fully trusted him with the job.

He didn't fit in for a few reasons :

Too young;

Levein breathing over his shoulder;

To big a club for his inexperience.

Shame but was deemed to failure from the word go, as for BR's comments he was simply sympathizing with a young man losing his job, don't think he was meaning any disrespect against Hearts. 

#38 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,983 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:05 PM

Fair comment.

Daly perhaps feeling a tad insecure. Hence his reaction.

#39 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,297 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 03:57 PM

He didn't fit in for a few reasons :
Too young;
Levein breathing over his shoulder;
To big a club for his inexperience.

Shame but was deemed to failure from the word go, as for BR's comments he was simply sympathizing with a young man losing his job, don't think he was meaning any disrespect against Hearts.

The way I understood it he was absolutely slaughtering Hearts and their whole managerial set up from top to bottom.

It was a barely thin veiled attack on them.

For the record I actually agree with BR to a certain extent. Craig Levein is a loathsome individual and while others fall around him he seems bulletproof

Jon Daly was quite rightly furious at a rival manager making comments about the club that employs him

#40 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,038 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:12 PM

Bump

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users