Motherwell v Rangers

108 replies to this topic

#41 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 39,042 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:57 PM

canny quote my post for some reason but enough of that shit cos hammerby v hacken was 1-0 in 90 min then a goal in 90+1 and 90+5 just got ma coupon up

:dance: :dance:  :lol:

thought it was fucked

Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#42 sployal

sployal

Veteran

• 1,304 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:00 PM

Pedro is an effing mentalist. I didn't see him take Hodson off, was he injured? If not why is he taking a left back off to put another one on?

Why then did he take Miller off and put Wilson on? He left a virtually static Herrera upfront himself which allowed Motherwell to throw on another striker and take off a defender which meant we were under the cosh for the last 10 minutes. Fucking crazy stuff.

Motherwell also looked far fitter than us in the closing minutes and that shouldn't be happening.

We were lucky to leave with 3 points and if that is a taste of things to come it's going to be a long long season.

I'll second that Jiffy, pretty alarming.

#43 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,422 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:08 PM

Pedro is an effing mentalist. I didn't see him take Hodson off, was he injured? If not why is he taking a left back off to put another one on?

I presume you mean right back ? No mention that I heard of any injury.

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#44 Jiffy

Jiffy

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:21 PM

I presume you mean right back ? No mention that I heard of any injury.

Yes sorry.

#45 sployal

sployal

Veteran

• 1,304 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:39 PM

Started of good then went onto win a scrappy game when Motherwell realized  they could maybe get something.

This is the style of games where we must pick up the points, let's face it, they're all against us and fancy having a go.

Millar should have scored and we seem to need that 2 goal cushion, all in all a great 3 points against a very tough and physical opponent who if they show the same enthusiasm throughout the season will pose problems to every SPL team. 

#46 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,254 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:44 PM

Just back from the game and as I thought a pretty difficult match. Was really a game of 2 halfs and Motherwell caused a lot more problems than I thought they would.

First half I thought we should have killed the game and created a number of good openings but failed to convert. Felt we controlled the game until Windass and Wallace stupidly allowed ACRES of space on the left leaving an easy cross and goal for the steelmen. All that hard work in the first half wasted and the biggest concern for me was the overload on our right hand side. Time and again Motherwell managed to get in dangerous areas on our right and poor Hodson was left fending off 2 and 3 Well players.....Candeias offered little help in cutting out the space and I was sure the manager would address it in the 2nd half......to my amazement we didnt and had trouble closing that gap as Motherwell started getting in really dangerous balls.

We started to sit deep and it was only helping M'well. I was annoyed when I noticed Wilson coming on as I knew it was a change of shape and more defensive....this usually results in more possession for the opponent and hands them the incentive so for me that was a big mistake.
Instead he should have taken Herrera off a lot sooner as he was rather ineffective and brought on Morelos.....who done more in the limited time he came on.

Positive was obviously the 3 points but we need to finish our chances as that should have been a little more comfortable, also when players are not having a great game then get them off....they can fight another day and let someone else impact the game.
Hope the situation with players on the right helping out the RB is addressed as it was an easy ball for them today

Thought it was a stonewall penalty.....was it ?

Madden also annoyed me with his decision making, sure he gave us one or two favourable decisions but most went against us and 1 or 2 of those poor decisions provided M'well with a chance to get the ball in the box

#47 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,298 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:05 PM

Why then did he take Miller off and put Wilson on? He left a virtually static Herrera upfront himself which allowed Motherwell to throw on another striker and take off a defender which meant we were under the cosh for the last 10 minutes. Fucking crazy stuff.

Motherwell also looked far fitter than us in the closing minutes and that shouldn't be happening.

We were lucky to leave with 3 points and if that is a taste of things to come it's going to be a long long season.

You're a hard man to please.

Hodson was targeted as the weak link by Motherwell and was given a torrid time all afternoon. I was surprised to see him come back out for the second half. That change will be one if the easiest Pedro makes all season

Dorrans will get the headlines but for me the best player on the park was Ryan Jack. He was everywhere and never gave the ball away all afternoon

There has been a lot of talk about Moult but for me he should have been off the park. Incredible that Madden continually spoke to him but no card. Absolute stick on penalty but I have no idea why no Red Card for elbow / denying goal scoring opportunity

Very impressed with Motherwell and on another their luck will be in and they ll take their chances

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#48 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,422 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:16 PM

Just back from the game and as I thought a pretty difficult match. Was really a game of 2 halfs and Motherwell caused a lot more problems than I thought they would.

First half I thought we should have killed the game and created a number of good openings but failed to convert. Felt we controlled the game until Windass and Wallace stupidly allowed ACRES of space on the left leaving an easy cross and goal for the steelmen. All that hard work in the first half wasted and the biggest concern for me was the overload on our right hand side. Time and again Motherwell managed to get in dangerous areas on our right and poor Hodson was left fending off 2 and 3 Well players.....Candeias offered little help in cutting out the space and I was sure the manager would address it in the 2nd half......to my amazement we didnt and had trouble closing that gap as Motherwell started getting in really dangerous balls.

We started to sit deep and it was only helping M'well. I was annoyed when I noticed Wilson coming on as I knew it was a change of shape and more defensive....this usually results in more possession for the opponent and hands them the incentive so for me that was a big mistake.
Instead he should have taken Herrera off a lot sooner as he was rather ineffective and brought on Morelos.....who done more in the limited time he came on.

Positive was obviously the 3 points but we need to finish our chances as that should have been a little more comfortable, also when players are not having a great game then get them off....they can fight another day and let someone else impact the game.
Hope the situation with players on the right helping out the RB is addressed as it was an easy ball for them today

Thought it was a stonewall penalty.....was it ?

Madden also annoyed me with his decision making, sure he gave us one or two favourable decisions but most went against us and 1 or 2 of those poor decisions provided M'well with a chance to get the ball in the box

Herrera did very little because he got next to nothing for service. First time I've seen either him or Morelos so I'm not going to criticise either but as far as I recall Morelos had one shot but was given offside and sprayed a couple of passes. His first pass that he received went through his legs ffs when it was easier to control the ball imo. I'm with Jiffy on Kenny Miller....we have mid fielders and defenders for defending, we don't need Kenny charging back as far as he does but more to assist the other front man.

The penalty was a stick on with Moult clearly elbowing the Gers lad in the head but saying that Motherwell could have had a penalty for Tavernier blatantly pushing a Well player in the back from a corner I think it was.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#49 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,422 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:19 PM

Dorrans will get the headlines but for me the best player on the park was Ryan Jack. He was everywhere and never gave the ball away all afternoon

One of the late chances Motherwell had Jack was very weak with an attempt at a clearing header and could have led to a goal...think it was that fine save from Foderingham. Not a criticism as he had a fine game but he'll have to be more decisive in these positions.

#50 Jiffy

Jiffy

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:41 PM

You're a hard man to please.

Hodson was targeted as the weak link by Motherwell and was given a torrid time all afternoon. I was surprised to see him come back out for the second half. That change will be one if the easiest Pedro makes all season

There has been a lot of talk about Moult but for me he should have been off the park. Incredible that Madden continually spoke to him but no card. Absolute stick on penalty but I have no idea why no Red Card for elbow / denying goal scoring opportunity

Very impressed with Motherwell and on another their luck will be in and they ll take their chances

Hodson wasn't the weak link. The man playing in front of him was. The fact that Candeias lasted the full.90 minutes is a mystery to me. He did very little. He didn't go bye a man all game and he very rarely tracked back and when he did he invariably gave away a free kick in a bad area. I was out of the room when Tav came on and when i saw him take a throw in when i came back i thought Pedro must have took Candeias off. That would have been probably too sensible for Pedro though.

#51 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,298 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 06:30 PM

Hodson wasn't the weak link. The man playing in front of him was. The fact that Candeias lasted the full.90 minutes is a mystery to me. He did very little. He didn't go bye a man all game and he very rarely tracked back and when he did he invariably gave away a free kick in a bad area. I was out of the room when Tav came on and when i saw him take a throw in when i came back i thought Pedro must have took Candeias off. That would have been probably too sensible for Pedro though.

I was going to write a detailed reply but as Dug always tells me everyone is entitled to their opinion

Just for the record I disagree with your entire post from start to finish

We ll have to agree to disagree

Just out of interest who do you think set up Miller with the chance of the match?

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#52 Jiffy

Jiffy

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:06 PM

I was going to write a detailed reply but as Dug always tells me everyone is entitled to their opinion

Just for the record I disagree with your entire post from start to finish

We ll have to agree to disagree

Just out of interest who do you think set up Miller with the chance of the match?

I take it from this you think Candeias had a good game?

Did you see him giving away free kicks outside our box everytime he tracked back?

Did you see him squander ever set piece he took? There was one corner he didn't get off the ground and when it came back to him he hit his return across the turf as well, straight at a Mwell defender.

He did do well when chased down their left back and won the ball and put a decent cross in but he was dire and shpuld have been substituted before Hodson.

Edited by Jiffy, 06 August 2017 - 07:12 PM.

#53 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,254 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:45 PM

Trav Candeias was the reason we suffered on the right, he offered no protection to Hodson who was time and again left 1 on 2 and 1 on 3

#54 Jiffy

Jiffy

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 07:47 PM

Trav Candeias was the reason we suffered on the right, he offered no protection to Hodson who was time and again left 1 on 2 and 1 on 3

100% accurate.

#55 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,298 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:13 PM

Ffs. Did you notice the problem on our right ended when Tav came on.

Make your mind up Jif. Did Candieas track back and give cover and give away fouls (not that many) or did he not track back?

Hodson is not good enough and was the weak link away to Wednesday and Motherwell targeted him. Not Candieas. Not Cardoso who plays on the right hand side but Hodson. It was absolutely the right decision to take him off

#56 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,254 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:38 PM

I agree Hodson is not anywhere as good as Tav but he was not helped today and even Pedro mentioned about them filtering plpayers out on the right and targeting it with a few lpayers

#57 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,298 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 09:41 PM

I agree Hodson is not anywhere as good as Tav but he was not helped today and even Pedro mentioned about them filtering plpayers out on the right and targeting it with a few lpayers

Not heard his interview but have read he's had a real go at Windass. Don't blame him entirely for the goal as Wallace was equally culpable.

#58 Jiffy

Jiffy

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 11:39 PM

Ffs. Did you notice the problem on our right ended when Tav came on.

Make your mind up Jif. Did Candieas track back and give cover and give away fouls (not that many) or did he not track back?

Hodson is not good enough and was the weak link away to Wednesday and Motherwell targeted him. Not Candieas. Not Cardoso who plays on the right hand side but Hodson. It was absolutely the right decision to take him off

Can't you read? I said he very rarely tracked back and when he did he invariably gave away a free kick in a dangerous area.

You actually agree with that. Not that many you said. How fucking many is too many for you?

Deary me. I am not the only person on this thread to point the finger at Candeias. You are the only person to stick up for him. Must be every body else that's wrong though eh?

Our manager didn't make a right decision all through that game tbf.

#59 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,298 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 11:45 PM

I actually went and read Follow Follow and there are two threads for Candieas praising him , without exception, on his work rate and helping out the , totally out of his depth, Hodson.

Every poster there agrees with me. Every person around us today agreed Hodson was a complete liability.

Just because Cam agrees with you means very little. There is whole big world out there away from this small football forum.

You are entitled to your view as I said earlier but I disagree with it.

#60 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,298 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 11:48 PM

Our manager didn't make a right decision all through that game tbf.

Ffs I actually missed this. I think I mentioned this last season but I am very doubtful you are in fact a Rangers supporter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users