• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 5,284 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:09 PM

Paid for my ticket but still not sure if i ll make it down the road in time. If the weather is this good i may stay up for an extra night and try and get a stream for it.

Usually with these games you would want the manager to rest a few players but surely he will play a reasonably strong team and use it as yet another game for the team to gel

If Pena is fit i would hope to see him get a run out. He is a BIG lad and needs to get game time in. 

Not sure Miller is up to 2 games a week and was out on his feet on Sunday so maybe time for Herrera and Morelos to play upfront.

Hibs are going to be right up for the game on Saturday so it is important that we don't pick up any wee knocks. The league is our priority!!

Always liked Nicky Clark and glad to see him doing well for The Pars but hopefully he has an off night. Shame it didn't work out for him at Rangers. It certainly wasn't the lack of effort.

I am going to be crazily optimistic here and go for a 5-0 Rout. 

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#2 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,736 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:11 PM

Paid for my ticket but still not sure if i ll make it down the road in time. If the weather is this good i may stay up for an extra night and try and get a stream for it.

Tomorrow is to be a good weather day mate.

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#3 Jiffy

Jiffy

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:29 PM

I shall be attending this game keeping up the pretence of Rangers fandom so i can come on this forum and slag the manager.

Morelos has to start. He needs game time and i would like to sรจe how he does alongside Herrera. I would also give Beerman a run out and keep Wallace safe for Saturday. Same with Dornan and Jack. Rossiter and Pena or Niko could do with some game time as well.

We should beat Dunfermline with much to spare. Would like to see some goals but we need to get bodies in the box.

#4 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,284 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:46 PM

I shall be attending this game keeping up the pretence of Rangers fandom so i can come on this forum and slag the manager.

Morelos has to start. He needs game time and i would like to sรจe how he does alongside Herrera. I would also give Beerman a run out and keep Wallace safe for Saturday. Same with Dornan and Jack. Rossiter and Pena or Niko could do with some game time as well.

We should beat Dunfermline with much to spare. Would like to see some goals but we need to get bodies in the box.

Niko is carrying an injury and was why he didn't even make the bench on Sunday. I wouldn't risk him and certainly wouldn't give him the full 90

We are a new team and the players need game time together to get to know each other. It is a tough one for the manager as he has to balance this with keeping players fit for the weekend.

I have heard quite scathing reports about Morelos. I am hoping against hope that he starts banging them in

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#5 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,170 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:39 PM

Can we keep past arguments and stuff away from this thread, dont want it getting bogged down with argument back and forth.

As for the game I think Dunfermline have the tools to cause problems as was shown in the Hearts game and Cardle's beauty of a goal but we should have enough about us.

Hope the manager is not taking it too serious and I would like to see a few changes.

Alnwick

Hodson, Cardoso, Wilson, Beerman

Candeias, Jack, Pena, Windass

Herrera, Morelos

This is a cup we should not be overlly interested in although its nice to win any cup we want to be finishing as high up the table as we can.
Expect a victory but not sure how Pedro will view this tie so difficult to predict a starting 11 and score.

I will go 3-0 Rangers.

#6 Jiffy

Jiffy

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:27 PM

Niko is carrying an injury and was why he didn't even make the bench on Sunday. I wouldn't risk him and certainly wouldn't give him the full 90

We are a new team and the players need game time together to get to know each other. It is a tough one for the manager as he has to balance this with keeping players fit for the weekend.

I have heard quite scathing reports about Morelos. I am hoping against hope that he starts banging them in

I think we all do Trav.

#7 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,736 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:40 PM

A wee question to any of you dudes going to the game tonight......Do any of you guys pass by/go near the entrances where John Greig's bronze sculpture is and if so is the wee bald guy who sells/used to sell Number 1 fanzine on the footpath nearby still flogging his wares there ?

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#8 sployal

sployal

Veteran

• 1,197 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 06:14 PM

A wee question to any of you dudes going to the game tonight......Do any of you guys pass by/go near the entrances where John Greig's bronze sculpture is and if so is the wee bald guy who sells/used to sell Number 1 fanzine on the footpath nearby still flogging his wares there ?

Just out of curiosity dug, how much does he owe you?

#9 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,736 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 06:18 PM

Just out of curiosity dug, how much does he owe you?

not a bean mate.

#10 sployal

sployal

Veteran

• 1,197 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 06:28 PM

not a bean mate.

Reassuring dug, was scared for a minute you were out on some kind of 'revenge mission', hope a member can give you some news.

#11 cas79

cas79

International

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:15 PM

4-0 rangers absolute rout Dunfermline are shit but rangers are looking good prob give our youth team a good game lol

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

#12 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,284 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:40 PM

There is a wee guy that sells badges there. He probably has the best selection

I pass there every second week.

The only thing I passed going in was disgruntled Pars fans coming out ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

#13 Jiffy

Jiffy

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:02 PM

Very good performance against a Dunfermline side that didn't really show much of anything. You still have to put the ball in the net though and tonight was encouraging, especially Morelos. The guy does look as if he will bag us a few goals. He looked sharp in the box and quick onto loose balls. Always made himself available for a pass and always on the move. That's something we have been missing in and around the box.

Windass continues to impress although he really needs to put in some extra shooting practice. He needs to add a finish to all the good work he does. Candeias on the other wing had a really good game as well. Coveres Tavenier well and harried defenders all through the match.

Good to see Rossiter getting 90 minutes although he did look a wee bit rusty. The lad is quality though.

Hodson did well after being flung in at the last minute. Didn't let the weekend faze him and managed to ignore the numpties in our support who gave him a wee bit of stick at the start of the game.

All in all a good day at the office. You really can't ask for much more despite the inferior opposition. Let's hope for similar in Sarurday.

#14 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,284 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 11:15 PM

Well i got the rout correct and was only a goal out but it should have been a few more. Don't get me wrong i will happily take the 6 but we could have easily had double figures. 

Tavernier and Candieas look as if they could cause a few teams problems down our right which is great for the manager as too often over the last few seasons we have relied on Wallace /McKay down our left and Tav has been left exposed on the right.

Obviously Alves is getting a lot of the headlines but it looks to me as if we may have a cracker in Cardoso. Huge step up in class from what we had last season. Maybe the manager did know what he was doing when he released fans favourite Clint Hill

The manager singled out Josh Windass for a wee bit of constructive criticism after Sundays performance. He said he had to realise that tracking back had to be part of his game. He was excellent tonight and in the 80th minute with Rangers 6-0 he absolutely burst a gut to get back and put in not one but two fantastic challenges. Hopefully he continues to take what the manager is saying on board as he could be a big player and certainly one for coming of the bench late on 

Morelos is nowhere near the finished article and at his age you wouldn't expect him to be but tonight he showed signs that he at least knows where the goals are!!

You can only beat who is in front of you but remember this Dunfermline team recently knocked Hearts out the cup. 

Saturday is a huge game for the club. and will give us a much clearer picture to where we are right now. 

#15 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,767 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:01 AM

Drogon%20.gif?_subject_uid=33500869&raw=

#16 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 18,348 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 10:35 AM

Screenshot_2017-08-10-02-04-03-1.png

GettyImages-539573328.jpg

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#17 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,284 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 12:00 PM

There were a few desperate for The Pars to get a late consolation to make it 6-1  :lol:

#18 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,736 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:13 PM

There were a few desperate for The Pars to get a late consolation to make it 6-1  :lol:

was that to try and show they didn't 'lie down' to us again a la Mr Sutton ?.... :D

#19 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,170 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 06:16 PM

Delighted with the performance last night and so many positives, I thought the game was going to be a little harder than it was but over after 4 goals in 30 minutes.

Was 4 changes from the game against Motherwell and the style and system of the team is getting clearer with each game. Nothing for me to criticise and while there will be more difficult tests ahead we are beginning to look like a team who can pose others a number of problems.

Not one bad performer on the pitch and looking ahead to a far more difficult challenge on Saturday against another team looking quite impressive and eager to improve.

#20 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,284 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 06:44 PM

looking ahead to a far more difficult challenge on Saturday against another team looking quite impressive and eager to improve.

This is it. What has gone before counts for Hee Haw if we cant get the result against an inform Hibees

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users