26 replies to this topic

#21 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 19,250 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:02 AM

EPL squads are limited to 25 players,it wasn't when City were formed in 2008

The biggest problem is loan players,this must be cut way down,last i seen Chelsea had 37 players on loan and their longest serving player has been there 7 years and never kicked a ball,on loan the whole time

GettyImages-539573328.jpg

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#22 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,345 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:40 PM

Of course it would be better for teams and the individuals if the teams could nurture the talent for whatever period of time it may take. I have never ever said that it would not be. However I have also said that scenarios such as that are down to the individuals (& however good or bad they are being advised by whichever representative) to make the choice. The choice being imo....Do I stay here and have a better chance of developing into a first team player for £1K per week......or do I move to a 'bigger' club who are offering me £10K per week but realistically I have less chance of breaking through to a first team spot ? These individual players who opt for the 2nd route cannot be absolved from any blame if their career does not arrive at the level they would have hoped for. It all depends on whether the individual player is more interested in the possibility of being a regular starter at a 'lesser' club or, as you say, waste away in a reserve side but earning more money.

(On a side note as a small financial personal example.....many years ago I had a job in the operations office with a haulage firm and my salary was X amount. My boss and his underling moved to a rival firm and wanted me to join them and my salary was going to rise by 50%....yep, 50%. I was still learning the job but I chose to move for the money. Big mistake but MY mistake....I knew I was going nowhere in this new job so I returned (thankfully they took me) to my old job after 2 or 3 months & on my old salary).

Your comment about limiting the number of players per club is quite complex I'd imagine and dependent on the breakdown of level structure within each club....ie 1st team squad, under 20's, youths etc but is something that could be looked at & I'm not dismissing it.

Yeah I agree with your points dug but like the mistake you made its difficult to turn down potentially life changing money.

These guys have a chqnce of considerably more cash than the likes of me and you so in reality it is an even easier choice to make.
Football is such a short opportunity to make money so when the chance is there to set you up for life that is an easy one to make.

Think a limit on loan players is also a good idea that Norn said but has to be something to discourage the cash rich teams buying players they know ( the club ) will never make the grade but take the chance as whats a few million quis wasted when you have hundreds of millions more through TV m8.

#23 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,250 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:07 PM

Yeah I agree with your points dug but like the mistake you made its difficult to turn down potentially life changing money.
These guys have a chqnce of considerably more cash than the likes of me and you so in reality it is an even easier choice to make.
Football is such a short opportunity to make money so when the chance is there to set you up for life that is an easy one to make.
Think a limit on loan players is also a good idea that Norn said but has to be something to discourage the cash rich teams buying players they know ( the club ) will never make the grade but take the chance as whats a few million quis wasted when you have hundreds of millions more through TV m8.

Another scourge in football are agents,a lot of brainwashing on young players from these fuckers to line their own pockets,disgusting some make multi millions from one deal

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#24 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,345 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:41 PM

Yeah I agree Norn, with all the money that is in the game these days and transfer fees and wages there just has to be a lot of underhand stuff going on. Read recently that Neymars Dad has made more money than Messi has in wages for his entire career................I mean WHAT. Says it all really

#25 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,250 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:54 PM

Yeah I agree Norn, with all the money that is in the game these days and transfer fees and wages there just has to be a lot of underhand stuff going on. Read recently that Neymars Dad has made more money than Messi has in wages for his entire career................I mean WHAT. Says it all really

I read along the lines of his da asking PSG to stall the deal til after 23rd August when a £23 million payment would kick in from Barca

#26 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,499 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:25 AM

I read along the lines of his da asking PSG to stall the deal til after 23rd August when a £23 million payment would kick in from Barca

was that not reported as a 'loyalty' payment that Neymar's camp were looking for ?

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#27 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,250 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:16 AM

was that not reported as a 'loyalty' payment that Neymar's camp were looking for ?

Aye something like that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users