Photo

Rangers v Hibs

576 replies to this topic

#1 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,170 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:38 PM

Big game and a very difficult test for Rangers tomorrow at Ibrox, game will be a sell out and all the pressure is on the home side but I think we are carrying a decent amount of confidence and if we want to make a fist of things then we really have to win this one and I think we will.

Hibs are one of those teams who I admire as they play some good football, they have done since they were relegated and spent 3 seasons in the championship, and I think they will have another fine season but hope they have a disaster in the game tomorrow. Lenny will obviously have them more fired up than they likely have been in quite some time given the recent history with Lennons ties to Celtic and of course the first meeting of the two since Hibs won the Scottish cup.

Can see the team lining up similar to the one that started on Wednesday against the pars and think we will see this 11

Wes

Tav, Cardoso, Bruno, Wallace ( if fit )

Candeias, Jack, Dorrans, Windass

Morelos, Miller

We should go for the jugular as soon as we can and try smother Hibs and put them under serious pressure.............2-0 Rangers

#2 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 38,750 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:39 PM

should be a belter , i see alot of goals 

3-2 rangers 

Das it mane , Das it.

#3 Charlie Bhoy

Charlie Bhoy

Keep on smiling.

• 11,696 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:14 PM

Mon the Lennon..

#4 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,284 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 10:39 PM

Big game so early in the season. Pedro has the team flying at the moment but this is the first real test (Europe Failure apart). If Rangers do win and win convincingly i really will start to believe this team is the real deal.

Wallace being fit is huge as Hodson  is way below the standard Rangers are now at. Nothing against the guy as he is a trier and that is all you can ask for. Not his fault he is a limited player

Big call upfront as well. Morelos grabbed a couple of goals midweek but he doesn't have the physical presence that Herrera brings to the team.

According to DJ on Radio Clyde tonight Rossiter may start in place of Ryan Jack. As much as i like Rossiter and believe he will be a star in the future i think Jack will be huge in this seasons Rangers team.

Both teams go into this full of confidence and i am going to be a tad pessimistic and go for an entertaining 2-2

There are many who want to see both sets of fans at it but hopefully the game will pass off peacefully and every one gets home safely

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#5 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,170 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:20 AM

Big game so early in the season. Pedro has the team flying at the moment but this is the first real test (Europe Failure apart). If Rangers do win and win convincingly i really will start to believe this team is the real deal.

Wallace being fit is huge as Hodson  is way below the standard Rangers are now at. Nothing against the guy as he is a trier and that is all you can ask for. Not his fault he is a limited player

Big call upfront as well. Morelos grabbed a couple of goals midweek but he doesn't have the physical presence that Herrera brings to the team.

According to DJ on Radio Clyde tonight Rossiter may start in place of Ryan Jack. As much as i like Rossiter and believe he will be a star in the future i think Jack will be huge in this seasons Rangers team.

Both teams go into this full of confidence and i am going to be a tad pessimistic and go for an entertaining 2-2

There are many who want to see both sets of fans at it but hopefully the game will pass off peacefully and every one gets home safely

Agree with most Trav but I have been watching Morelos closely and his stature is superb, I think he is far stronger physically than Herrera. Against the Pard he out powered that man mountain in their defence everytime and he was twice his size.

If he chooses Rossiter over Jack then its a huge mistake, dont think it will be the case though.

#6 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,736 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:03 AM

should be a belter , i see alot of goals 

3-2 rangers 

Had a shifty at Laddies site there...over 2.5.....5/6. Think I'll have a wee touch on that mate.

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#7 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,284 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:43 AM

Agree with most Trav but I have been watching Morelos closely and his stature is superb, I think he is far stronger physically than Herrera. Against the Pard he out powered that man mountain in their defence everytime and he was twice his size.

If he chooses Rossiter over Jack then its a huge mistake, dont think it will be the case though.

I have pretty much nailed my colours to the mast with Jack. I believe he could be a huge player for Rangers this season. Couldn't believe DJ randomly picking out Rossiter from midweek. In all honesty i thought he looked exactly what he was midweek and that is a player coming back from a long term injury and a little rusty. A couple of misplaced , weak passes. 

Missed this excitement before games. Really looking forward to the game.

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#8 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,284 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 08:46 AM

Had a shifty at Laddies site there...over 2.5.....5/6. Think I'll have a wee touch on that mate.

Everybody is predicting a lot of goals....You know what that means  ;)

#9 Jiffy

Jiffy

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:15 AM

This is the litmus test for Pedro's side. Hibs are a good team, probably top 4 and going into this game in great form. Midweek can be ignored because this game will be several levels up.

Morelos must start. Whether he plays alongside Herrera or Miller is immaterial imo. I really don't get the idea that the boy has been terrible before the Dunfermline game. Whenever i he has played he has looked likely to score and been unlucky on a couple of occasions but at least he is willing to take on chances. He also gives us a mobility in and around the box that has been missing all last season. Some folk gave him pelters for his display against Motherwell because he let the ball under his feet on one occasion. Ffs he's 20 he is going to make mistakes but he also harried defenders, was unlucky to be brought back for a dodgy off side decision and was always on his toes.

Looking forward to todays game and hope that Rangers are as good as some people think they because they will nead to be.

2-1 home win.

#10 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,736 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:03 AM

This is the litmus test for Pedro's side. Hibs are a good team, probably top 4 and going into this game in great form. Midweek can be ignored because this game will be several levels up.

Morelos must start. Whether he plays alongside Herrera or Miller is immaterial imo. I really don't get the idea that the boy has been terrible before the Dunfermline game. Whenever i he has played he has looked likely to score and been unlucky on a couple of occasions but at least he is willing to take on chances. He also gives us a mobility in and around the box that has been missing all last season. Some folk gave him pelters for his display against Motherwell because he let the ball under his feet on one occasion. Ffs he's 20 he is going to make mistakes but he also harried defenders, was unlucky to be brought back for a dodgy off side decision and was always on his toes.

Looking forward to todays game and hope that Rangers are as good as some people think they because they will nead to be.

2-1 home win.

I'd have no problems seeing Morelos start the game....I want to see what he is capable of. What I don't want is for him to start and be starved of service as was Herrera last week.

Regards your comment about some folk 'gave him pelters' for his Motherwell display because he let the ball go under his feet (if I recall correctly it went through his legs but that's neither here nor there). I'm presuming you're talking about on this forum and your a bit off with that. As far as I could see it was only me and Trav that mentioned it and yes it was a slight criticism but certainly not pelters. Of course anyone can make mistakes but on the other side of the coin nobody is immune from criticism irrespective of age especially at a professional level Jif!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#11 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,736 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:06 AM

Everybody is predicting a lot of goals....You know what that means  ;)

hopefully not.

#12 Jiffy

Jiffy

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:15 AM

I'd have no problems seeing Morelos start the game....I want to see what he is capable of. What I don't want is for him to start and be starved of service as was Herrera last week.

Regards your comment about some folk 'gave him pelters' for his Motherwell display because he let the ball go under his feet (if I recall correctly it went through his legs but that's neither here nor there). I'm presuming you're talking about on this forum and your a bit off with that. As far as I could see it was only me and Trav that mentioned it and yes it was a slight criticism but certainly not pelters. Of course anyone can make mistakes but on the other side of the coin nobody is immune from criticism irrespective of age especially at a professional level Jif!

I wasn't actually talking about this forum tbh BD. I didn't even notice you had criticised him on that thread or Trav for that matter. I was talking about social media and comments on media outlets and such like where he was being slated and branded dreadful and such like. Even in the pre-season games he was involved in i liked the look of him.

#13 Jiffy

Jiffy

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:17 AM

Begbie the bluenose

Attached Thumbnails

• FB_IMG_1502532705228.jpg

#14 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,736 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:18 AM

I wasn't actually talking about this forum tbh BD. I didn't even notice you had criticised him on that thread or Trav for that matter. I was talking about social media and comments on media outlets and such like where he was being slated and branded dreadful and such like. Even in the pre-season games he was involved in i liked the look of him.

Fair doos Jif...apologies.

#15 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,736 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:18 AM

Begbie the bluenose

Belter..... :lol:

#16 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,736 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:08 PM

DHCAM-eXkAIJsKH.jpg

#17 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,736 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:08 PM

DHCAOH_XcAAGSSz.jpg

#18 Makdee

Makdee

Super Sub

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:26 PM

Hibs fans outside the Louden fighting with bears I hear

#19 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 38,750 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:29 PM

Hibs fans outside the Louden fighting with bears I hear

Wtf are bears doin at a pub
Das it mane , Das it.

#20 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 31,987 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:31 PM

Wtf are bears doin at a pub

Did I ever mention Big Jim from the caravan park....?

:D
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users