• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 69,391 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:50 AM

Probably a close game. 2-0 or 2-1 Rangers.

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#2 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 32,214 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:21 AM

Could this be a 20 pager?
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#3 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,391 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:44 AM

Could this be a 20 pager?

may depend on whether John Daly is seen as a catholic Irishman, whether there are unwarranted red cards, whether Davie M is on his chariot....so many equations.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#4 Makdee

Makdee

Super Sub

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:20 PM

Todays Rangers team. One change for Rangers Wallace replaces Hodson

RANGERS: Foderingham; Tavernier, Cardoso, Alves, Wallace; Candeias, Dorrans, Jack, Windass; Miller, Morelos.

SUBS: Alnwick, Wilson, Hodson, Rossiter, Kranjcar, Pena, Hardie.

#5 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,391 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:39 PM

Jamie Walker starts for Hearts. Wonder if this is in the hope that he has a great game and perhaps convince Rangers that they should shell out the £1 mill that they want for him.

#6 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,391 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:46 PM

Not been a lot to say about this game. Both teams have had chance but no goals so far.

#7 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,391 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:26 PM

Loss at home to Hibs...draw at home to Hearts. I fear for the season ahead. The point about Kenny Miller was brought up by Gordon Dalziel on Clyde SSB.....It appears that he just plays where he wants to. Imo if that is with the manager's consent then it is totally wrong. Miller done that in most of the games that I seen last season & it really doesn't benefit the team more so when Rangers are attacking...I DON'T WANT Kenny Miller out wide on these occasions.

#8 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,032 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:28 PM

Loss at home to Hibs...draw at home to Hearts. I fear for the season ahead. The point about Kenny Miller was brought up by Gordon Dalziel on Clyde SSB.....It appears that he just plays where he wants to. Imo if that is with the manager's consent then it is totally wrong. Miller done that in most of the games that I seen last season & it really doesn't benefit the team more so when Rangers are attacking...I DON'T WANT Kenny Miller out wide on these occasions.

Its very strange , hes proven over the years where his best position is so why try fix something that aint broke.

I thought first ten games would be close at the top points wise with yous us and dons but 5 points behind after 3 games.
Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#9 Jiffy

Jiffy

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:58 PM

I'm not one for saying i told you so...

#10 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,032 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:07 PM

I'm not one for saying i told you so...

Pedro getting it tight?

#11 endersgame

endersgame

Veteran

• 1,395 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:55 PM

I wouldn't write the season off yet, for the first game and before the sending off in the Hibs game Rangers did look a useful side, nowhere near being champions but better than last season. I still think Aberdeen are a better side at the moment and that Celtic are in a different league on and off the park. But I would wait till end of November and see how the team are gelling. But 1 win in the first three games... Kinda mid table mediocrity.

#12 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,250 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:17 PM

Such a disappontmemt that game, I commented elsewhere that I hoped Pedro was aware other teams would park the bus and learn to break down 10 behind the ball.

Hearts came with a game plan and while they offered next to nothing to the game and had next to no chance of scoring, to be fair we were the same in that respect. The game could still be going right now and we would be no closer to scoring but at least we were trying.
We did have a number of chances to score but in all honesty the team just struggled to get that ball moving in a quick and positive manner. Hats off to Hearts, especially the guys on the left and right as they put in one helluva shift and worked like dogs.

Not a lot of positives for Rangers except for Jack who was again the stand out. We need to learn very quickly how to attack and get at teams who park the bus......if we dont I can see a few more of these kind of results.

#13 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,032 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 07:41 PM

Alot calling for ped to go cammy whats your opinion after 5 competitive games or so?

#14 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,970 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:35 PM

Disappointing result.

If there is no improvement soon then I doubt Pedro will see out the season.

Question once again is; Who can do the job?

Edited by Hairy Scot, 20 August 2017 - 08:35 PM.

Drogon%20.gif?_subject_uid=33500869&raw=

#15 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,382 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:39 PM

Hearts were disappointing going forward, but defended really well. Berra particularly had a good game. He was very physical, but just staying in the right side of the law, so job done.

I'm a big fan of miller, but I think he needs a game or two out, cos he just hasn't really got going this season. His touch just isn't there and his split second decisions, which were often his strong point, are just not good enough. The final straw was when he was pushed out wide, and seemed to ignore the instruction. Wallace needs someone out wide to bounce off, but miller kept wandering more centrally.

#16 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,382 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:40 PM

Such a disappontmemt that game, I commented elsewhere that I hoped Pedro was aware other teams would park the bus and learn to break down 10 behind the ball.

Hearts came with a game plan and while they offered next to nothing to the game and had next to no chance of scoring, to be fair we were the same in that respect. The game could still be going right now and we would be no closer to scoring but at least we were trying.
We did have a number of chances to score but in all honesty the team just struggled to get that ball moving in a quick and positive manner. Hats off to Hearts, especially the guys on the left and right as they put in one helluva shift and worked like dogs.

Not a lot of positives for Rangers except for Jack who was again the stand out. We need to learn very quickly how to attack and get at teams who park the bus......if we dont I can see a few more of these kind of results.

With hearts failure to really threaten, there was always that nagging feeling that they would grab something at the end. Lafferty being wide open at the back post appeared to be that moment, but we got lucky.

#17 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,382 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:44 PM

The battle between candeias and Lafferty was entertaining in the first half especially. There was a 50/50 with Lafferty appearing to come out the worst. His theatrixal yelp and subsequent heap on the ground suggested he was hurt, but I didn't think there was much in it. For the next few minutes there were a few niggles aimed at candeias, although it never really kicked off, cos candeias was having none of it. Any throw in, or any opportunity and Lafferty was into him to have that wee niggle. Sadly it chilled out.

#18 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,382 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:48 PM

I felt for hearts number 30 in the second half. There was a spell of a few minutes where he seemed to lose all confidence. An air kick was the turning point. He ended up gettinf injured and naively tried to carry on. I don't like it, but modern day footballers sit on there arse before play is stopped. He didn't, and collum had to step in to tell him to get off the park if he was hurt. It was as if collum was giving him advice, but couldn't tell him to sit down. He was then subbed as he received treatment, but I think that was due to him losing it in the head, especially since he tried to run onto the pitch as his replacement was coming on the other side of the pitch. It would have been kinder for the ground to open up and swallow him up.

#19 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,250 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:59 PM

Alot calling for ped to go cammy whats your opinion after 5 competitive games or so?

Still relativelly happy, ok coupd and should have done better. Last week was, well not the greatest for obvious reasons. Yesterdays result was down to ourselves though, need to move the ball quicker and learn to play against negative tactics........if I'm still saying the same things about Pedro in 6 or so games time then my opinion may be more scathing, for now though he must have time.

Still a lot of new players in that team, 6 started that game and its only our 3rd game of the seadon, 5th competitive and not all those guys have played all the games so time will be needed.

#20 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,032 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 09:02 PM

Still relativelly happy, ok coupd and should have done better. Last week was, well not the greatest for obvious reasons. Yesterdays result was down to ourselves though, need to move the ball quicker and learn to play against negative tactics........if I'm still saying the same things about Pedro in 6 or so games time then my opinion may be more scathing, for now though he must have time.

Still a lot of new players in that team, 6 started that game and its only our 3rd game of the seadon, 5th competitive and not all those guys have played all the games so time will be needed.

Fair enough mate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users