Photo

Aberdeen stadium (new)

26 replies to this topic

Poll: [New] Aberdeen Stadium (3 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Aberdeen FC Stay at Pittodrie or move to new stadium at kingsford.

1. Pittodrie Stadium (1 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

2. Kingsford Stadium (2 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Stuart Sutherland

Stuart Sutherland

Veteran

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:52 AM

should Aberdeen FC

A) Stay at Pittorie Stadium and do it up or

B) Move to a new stadium at Kingston in Aberdeen.

i say stay at Pittodrie stadium sponsor the stands and use the money to build the new stadium their (with a decent set of toilets).

your thoughts.

#2 Stuart Sutherland

Stuart Sutherland

Veteran

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:21 PM

Pittodrie originates from a Gaelic term for a place of manure.

#3 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 18,281 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 09:19 PM

Let the sheep stay in their shithouse.

Shit Creek

#4 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,741 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:25 PM

Let the sheep stay in their shithouse.

och at least they arent putting up canvas banners to keep the leaks out the stairwell  :-D

as for the stadia  of aberdonia , stay at pittodrie its an intimidating place to go and good atmosphere

Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#5 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,281 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:40 AM

1. och at least they arent putting up canvas banners to keep the leaks out the stairwell  :-D

2. as for the stadia  of aberdonia , stay at pittodrie its an intimidating place to go and good atmosphere

1.  Where is that happening?

2. Last time I was there was in the 70s, and it was a nice ground to visit and it did have a good atmosphere. There wasn't the same hatred between the supports back then.

Edited by Hairy Scot, 24 August 2017 - 04:42 AM.

Shit Creek

#6 Brebs61

Brebs61

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 06:28 PM

Staying at Pittodrie is not a viable option - the main problem we have is subsidence under the stadium.  Rebuilding the stands isn't enough, we have to build an entirely new stadium which would mean if we stay of playing our home games away from Aberdeen for at least a season (probably in Dundee or Edinburgh if we can come to terms with the home club) and in addition to that we need to build proper training facilities so relocation is our only option.

Never trust a man, who when left alone with a tea cosy... Doesn't try it on. -- Billy Connolly

#7 jbleasdale81

jbleasdale81

Promising Youth Player

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 11:40 AM

There is no feasible way to stay at Pittodrie. Firstly, the pitch is too narrow and the only way to widen it is to knock down and rebuild the South or Main stands. There's a residential street behind the Main Stand and a graveyard not too far behind the South Stand (cue the jokes) so we'd need planning permission for those to happen. Also, we need a training ground and there is nowhere around Pittodrie to build one.

As sad as it will be to leave, Pittodrie has had its day and we need to move for a fresh new start.

#8 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,349 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 12:05 PM

All about what the fans want and I cant say how I would feel about the wholw situation if I were a Dons fan but I'm old school and a traditionalist.

If it were Rangers I would not want the club moving away from Ibrox even if it was a stadium exactly like Wembley.....hell I did not want the name of the stadium to change even it meant £10 million for naming rights etc. Others would be happy with that and thats fine but not for me.

I have seen the plans for the new stadium and it does look rather nice so in that respect I would like to see it happen but its about what the Dons fans want.

#9 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,555 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:35 PM

All about what the fans want and I cant say how I would feel about the wholw situation if I were a Dons fan but I'm old school and a traditionalist.

If it were Rangers I would not want the club moving away from Ibrox even if it was a stadium exactly like Wembley.....hell I did not want the name of the stadium to change even it meant £10 million for naming rights etc. Others would be happy with that and thats fine but not for me.

I have seen the plans for the new stadium and it does look rather nice so in that respect I would like to see it happen but its about what the Dons fans want.

Even if that came to pass Cam......every Rangers supporter would always know the stadium as Ibrox.

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#10 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,281 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:06 PM

Even if that came to pass Cam......every Rangers supporter would always know the stadium as Ibrox, and the other lot's stadium as Parkheid.

Shit Creek

#11 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,555 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 05:02 PM

Even if that came to pass Cam......every Rangers supporter would always know the stadium as Ibrox, and the other lot's stadium as Parkheid.

mind my first time at Parkhead wi map on the supporters bus.....the 'big boys' were looking after us. Steps up to the entrances to the Rangers end didn't seem too steep from what I remember but then when you actually entered under the roof.........what a fucking atmosphere. The chant used to be 'Parkheid's a piggery' but it was one that created some fucking atmosphere. Once we went to the Rangers section in the jungle (it used to be split in them days)................We got beat that day and wee Jinky had a stormer.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#12 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,741 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 05:27 PM

mind my first time at Parkhead wi map on the supporters bus.....the 'big boys' were looking after us. Steps up to the entrances to the Rangers end didn't seem too steep from what I remember but then when you actually entered under the roof.........what a fucking atmosphere. The chant used to be 'Parkheid's a piggery' but it was one that created some fucking atmosphere. Once we went to the Rangers section in the jungle (it used to be split in them days)................We got beat that day and wee Jinky had a stormer.

Loved the jungle , atmosphere was fucking electric

#13 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,555 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 05:35 PM

Ye ever in there when it was still 'all standing' ? That's what it was when I mentioned in previous post......Yep, agree it was great. I was also in it 1993 LC Final against Hibs when it was seated (McCoists overhead kick & we won 2-1)........Memories, aaah!

#14 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,741 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 05:43 PM

Ye ever in there when it was still 'all standing' ? That's what it was when I mentioned in previous post......Yep, agree it was great. I was also in it 1993 LC Final against Hibs when it was seated (McCoists overhead kick & we won 2-1)........Memories, aaah!

It was always all standing iirc ?

#15 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,555 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 05:48 PM

It was always all standing iirc ?

Naw......can't mind what year but defo they put they plastic seats on the terracing mate.....were in place 1993.

#16 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,741 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:26 PM

Naw......can't mind what year but defo they put they plastic seats on the terracing mate.....were in place 1993.

Canny mind i wad always papped doon the front while the adults had a bevvy up the back lol

#17 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,281 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 08:07 PM

My first visit, when I was about 14, was definitely an awesome experience. I think the layout, with the covered terracing at one end certainly contributed to the atmosphere.

Shit Creek

#18 Stuart Sutherland

Stuart Sutherland

Veteran

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:55 PM

actions speak louder than words.  I will believe a new Aberdeen FC Stadium when I see it BUILT, open and operating.

#19 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,555 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 06:44 AM

My first visit, when I was about 14, was definitely an awesome experience. I think the layout, with the covered terracing at one end certainly contributed to the atmosphere.

Was covered at both ends on my first visit Hairy

#20 Stuart Sutherland

Stuart Sutherland

Veteran

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:19 PM

for as long as Aberdeen FC do stay at Pittodrie sTADIUM why don't they sponsor one of the stands on a season by season basis, THEN THEY COULD USE THE MONEY RAISED TO EITHER HELP PAY FOR THIER NEW STADIUM OR USE IT TO PROPERLY REBUILD THIER PITTODRIE STADIUM.

Edited by Stuart Sutherland, 06 September 2017 - 04:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users