Photo

Is this relevant of the state of Scottish football?

40 replies to this topic

#1 sployal

sployal

Veteran

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 05:51 PM

Yesterdays top stories:
European football, Barcelona pay £135.5million for Dembele.
English football, players being bought and sold for £millions.
Scottish football, Aberdeen player rescued from river after an apparent drunken night out in Glasgow.

What an embarrassment our game is going through.

Edited by sployal, 29 August 2017 - 05:51 PM.

#2 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,419 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 05:52 PM

Yesterdays top stories:
Scottish football, Aberdeen player rescued from river after an apparent drunken night out in Glasgow.

Sky's fault mate...... ;)

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#3 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 32,224 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 06:55 PM

Did anyone catch Dembele do his skills at the Nou Camp?

Bit of quality :D
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#4 sployal

sployal

Veteran

• 1,304 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:25 PM

Did anyone catch Dembele do his skills at the Nou Camp?

Bit of quality :D

What happened LB?

Did he break any records?

#5 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 18,617 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:31 PM

GettyImages-539573328.jpg

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#6 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 32,224 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:31 PM

Posted Image

#7 sployal

sployal

Veteran

• 1,304 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:06 PM

Dembele Must have been as pissed as that Aberdeen idiot or maybe just emotional.

Scottish football headlines for today on the BBC sports page :

Roberts returns to Celtic, who gives a fuck?

Boyd backs Levein  to succeed at Hearts, PMSL

Scots know what we have to do - Ritchie, joke of the day

Scotland more confident now - Strachan, wee ginger heid at his worst.

Keep the best for the last, Aberdeen footballer rescued from river.

Couldn't make this up, what an advertisement for our football.

http://www.bbc.com/s...otball/scottish

#8 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,252 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:58 PM

Dug makes a silly attempt at sarcasm but of course it is Sky's fault( and now other TV companies )......are you actually that ignorant that you refuse to accept TV money is the ONLY reason the transfer fees are so high ?

I mean wtf are you on to deny that time and time again.

We are now at a stage where big teams in Europe now have sugar daddys to try and tip the balance. Money is a big problem in the game and makes it impossible to improve the game in countries not so well off.

Of course you will deny that naturally for whaever reason, I know you are a fan boy of the EPL and tbh whats not to like, its a fanastic standard of player you see in there BUT at what cost ?

#9 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 32,224 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 10:20 PM

Dug makes a silly attempt at sarcasm but of course it is Sky's fault( and now other TV companies )......are you actually that ignorant that you refuse to accept TV money is the ONLY reason the transfer fees are so high ?
We are now at a stage where big teams in Europe now have sugar daddys to try and tip the balance. Money is a big problem in the game and makes it impossible to improve the game in countries not so well off.
Of course you will deny that naturally for whaever reason, I know you are a fan boy of the EPL and tbh whats not to like, its a fanastic standard of player you see in there BUT at what cost ?

No cost you you Cam, why worry...
Posted Image

#10 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,252 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 06:01 AM

No cost you you Cam, why worry...

Because it directly effects our game in this country, we are forced to buy players of lesser quality as the years go by simply down to money those teams now get.......they buy up all the player and give them silly wages. Who is left ?
Our game suffers because the quality goes down each year because of what we can pay and offer players.....our game can not improve in the current climate.

Thats why it bothers me so much and what I have been saying from the beginning.

#11 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,419 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:18 AM

Yes it was a bit of sarcasm Cam...I make no bones about it but.....................the only reason I do it is simply because you constantly have to have your wee dig at Sky (but now I see you include other tv companies....changed days eh ?.... ;) ). Now, you show me anywhere I constantly post extol the virtues of Sky and other TV companies probably meaning BT (without responding to your posts). I don't, but just respond to your insecure, jealous and pitiful attempts at putting Sky down. Also.....please, please show me any post I have made that I actually have said that tv money is not 'part' of the reason that transfer fees are high ? I have never denied this & also please clarify what you mean when you ask...'Wtf am I on' ? If you are making any insinuation Cam have the balls to say it mate!

A fan boy of the EPL...what the fuck does that actually mean? I watch and enjoy some English games (lower league and Conference games also) & I am a fan boy?..... :lol:

Oh, first of all it's tv companies fault.....then you add 'sugar daddies'....make your mind up time Cam....you're confusing yourself.

Jealousy is eating at you mate and your search for a scapegoat is twisting your logic.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#12 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 32,224 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:06 AM

Yes it was a bit of sarcasm Cam...I make no bones about it but.....................the only reason I do it is simply because you constantly have to have your wee dig at Sky (but now I see you include other tv companies....changed days eh ?.... ;) ). Now, you show me anywhere I constantly post extol the virtues of Sky and other TV companies probably meaning BT (without responding to your posts). I don't, but just respond to your insecure, jealous and pitiful attempts at putting Sky down. Also.....please, please show me any post I have made that I actually have said that tv money is not 'part' of the reason that transfer fees are high ? I have never denied this & also please clarify what you mean when you ask...'Wtf am I on' ? If you are making any insinuation Cam have the balls to say it mate!

A fan boy of the EPL...what the fuck does that actually mean? I watch and enjoy some English games (lower league and Conference games also) & I am a fan boy?..... :lol:

Oh, first of all it's tv companies fault.....then you add 'sugar daddies'....make your mind up time Cam....you're confusing yourself.

Jealousy is eating at you mate and your search for a scapegoat is twisting your logic.

Harsh.. But fair :lol:
Posted Image

#13 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 18,617 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:47 AM

Cam didn't mind Rangers flashing the cash in years gone by,if a billionaire sugar daddy came in and payed crazy transfer fees would he boycott Ibrox?

Edited by cmon norn iron, 30 August 2017 - 09:48 AM.

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#14 Hunterian

Hunterian

Veteran

• 1,172 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 11:59 AM

Yesterdays top stories:

The over inflated wages paid for average players upset me more than a guy going for a swim after midnight.

#15 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,419 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:04 PM

The over inflated wages paid for average players upset me more than a guy going for a swim after midnight.

If only it were a swim after midnight H.

#16 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 32,224 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:10 PM

Wee lad playing at Londonderry Pk tonight, good honest football, no sky, BT, agents, wages, and (well 2quid per head for ref)

You'd love it Cam :D

Maybe 30 odd folk watching with Scarbo Tower in the background..
Posted Image

#17 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,252 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:53 PM

Cam didn't mind Rangers flashing the cash in years gone by,if a billionaire sugar daddy came in and payed crazy transfer fees would he boycott Ibrox?

Norn there is a BIG difference to Rangers splashing the cash in 90s to what is happening in England right now......we were ONE club spending a few million, it DID NOT effect clubs in England and elsewhere and force them to buy players of a inferior quality and offer a puttance in wages and then potentially lose them to Rangers or another Scottish club if they showed quality playing at Man U, Chelsea etc.

The fact you try and make a comparison tells me you have not really been reading what I have been saying for the last umpteen years.

@ dug, thats all.I have ever been saying to which you have often refused to accept so why you argue is a complete mystery to me......2nd time you have admitted the money situation only to deny it later.
No need to be all offended by what I have written, sometimes things can be taken put of context in a written format......if you were face to face with me when I was speak8ng to you, you would quickly realise no malice or insinuation or offence was meant.
Sorry if you have taking it that way but not itended.......the one thing you are right about is my jealousy toward the game down south, why would I not be when it is having such a catastrophic effect on our league ?
This league is my concern not some foreign one m8 so you must excuse my annoyance at our league suffering due to the money down there.......you can mention that fool who.knocked back the Sky deal years ago but really it would have changed nothing.

#18 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,419 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:30 PM

@ dug, thats all.I have ever been saying to which you have often refused to accept so why you argue is a complete mystery to me......2nd time you have admitted the money situation only to deny it later.
No need to be all offended by what I have written, sometimes things can be taken put of context in a written format......if you were face to face with me when I was speak8ng to you, you would quickly realise no malice or insinuation or offence was meant.
Sorry if you have taking it that way but not itended.......the one thing you are right about is my jealousy toward the game down south, why would I not be when it is having such a catastrophic effect on our league ?
This league is my concern not some foreign one m8 so you must excuse my annoyance at our league suffering due to the money down there.......you can mention that fool who.knocked back the Sky deal years ago but really it would have changed nothing.

So you are saying that ALL we have been arguing about is that SKY (& other tv companies & as far as I'm concerned Sponsors & you now include 'sugar daddies') money is responsible in part (my words) for high transfer fees? Really ? Naw, there was more to it than that....ie certain aspects that you added on to such a simple theory.

What have I admitted.....twice ? And what have I denied later? If you can show where I specifically stated that Sky money was not part of the reason for high transfer fees please do otherwise please refrain from using that as a counter argument against me. Yes I have argued with you re your comments about Sky but I certainly haven't said what you're implying.

As for the Roger Mitchell scenario you mention last.....why would it not have 'changed anything' ? Surely the more money coming into Scotland the better in order to buy a better quality of player, better wages but that would depend if these players saw Scotland as a better prospect than England in a footballing sense?

#19 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 18,617 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:56 PM

Norn there is a BIG difference to Rangers splashing the cash in 90s to what is happening in England right now......we were ONE club spending a few million, it DID NOT effect clubs in England and elsewhere and force them to buy players of a inferior quality and offer a puttance in wages and then potentially lose them to Rangers or another Scottish club if they showed quality playing at Man U, Chelsea etc.
The fact you try and make a comparison tells me you have not really been reading what I have been saying for the last umpteen years.

Rangers done to smaller Scottish clubs what the EPL is doing to Rangers now

You didn't answer my question,if a billionaire sugar daddy bought Gers and splashed £40-50m on single transfers,would you boycott Ibrox in protest?

Edited by cmon norn iron, 30 August 2017 - 01:56 PM.

#20 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,252 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:20 PM

Rangers done to smaller Scottish clubs what the EPL is doing to Rangers now
You didn't answer my question,if a billionaire sugar daddy bought Gers and splashed £40-50m on single transfers,would you boycott Ibrox in protest?

Norn you and other have also said this previously and is a MILLION MILES away from the Sky scenario.

Rangers have ALWAYS paid more than other teams....why because they have hindreds of thousands of fans compared to a few thousand Thistle suppirters or whatever.

Anyway regardless what Rangers spend or have spent in the past are you telling me by Rangers spending £4 million on players has had a catastrophic effect on teams in England, Spain and anywhere else and theor ability to spend and compete with Rangers ?

The answer is No so really there is no relevance........EVERY team in the EPL can now buy whoever, whenever. Teams like Bournemouth, Bournemouth spending tens of millions on a player.....now can you tell me how a WHOLE league and theor spending is in anywhere similar to Rangers being able to outspend Dundee, Ross County and 99% of other teams in Scotland.
You cant because it is a seperate argument and totally, totally different to the scenario the EPL is currently in.....it wasnt always like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users