http://www.telegraph...tely-loses-win/

Shit Creek

#2 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 70,561 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:55 AM

why was Cresselly stopped from scoring 40 or more ? Is the game automatically over after they have passed the opponents score to win? I'd have 'thought' that in county cricket (without knowing the rules) that Cresselly could have batted on till the end of their innings.

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#3 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,286 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:02 PM

why was Cresselly stopped from scoring 40 or more ? Is the game automatically over after they have passed the opponents score to win? I'd have 'thought' that in county cricket (without knowing the rules) that Cresselly could have batted on till the end of their innings.

Yes.

Shit Creek

#4 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,561 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:41 AM

Yes.

Cheers Hairy. I knew that that was what happened in T20 & ODI's but I honestly never thought it would happen in county cricket.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#5 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,758 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:05 PM

I remember many years ago, around Rodney Marsh time, Australia bowled the last ball of an ODI underhand as New Zealand needed 5 or 6 to win. There was a bit of an uproar at the time

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#6 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,286 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:58 PM

I remember many years ago, around Rodney Marsh time, Australia bowled the last ball of an ODI underhand as New Zealand needed 5 or 6 to win. There was a bit of an uproar at the time

The culprit was Trevor Chappell.

His profile on Wikipedia now shows:- 

Bowling: Right arm medium, right arm underarm.

The problem was not just that he bowled underarm, he actually bowled a grounder.

Shit Creek

#7 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,758 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:10 AM

Fair play to Richie Benaud. He certainly didn't  hold back there and nice to see Rodney Marsh making his feelings known.

I was watching Crickets Greatest on Sky the other day and it was the Adam Gilchrist episode. Gilchrist was a 'walker' and they brought up him walking in the World Cup against Sri Lanka during either a semi final or the final. He was saying he always walked but there were quite a few of his team mates that were furious at him after that game. He did say he got great support from Ponting who didn't agree with him walking but said he was right to do what he believed to be right and to play the game the way he believed. If only more sportsmen thought the way Gilchrist did. 

Recently got Sky Sports back on and was looking forward to The Ashes only to find out it is on BT Sport!!!! Gutted i ll miss it now unless i can find a decent stream for it

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#8 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,561 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:10 PM

Recently got Sky Sports back on and was looking forward to The Ashes only to find out it is on BT Sport!!!! Gutted i ll miss it now unless i can find a decent stream for it

I didn't realise that. I knew that the ladies Ashes series has been on BT but I didn't know about the men. Starts later this month......I'll get the morning (our) action.

#9 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,286 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:50 PM

I didn't realise that. I knew that the ladies Ashes series has been on BT but I didn't know about the men. Starts later this month......I'll get the morning (our) action.

I've amended my will so that neither Australia nor England get to play for my ashes.

Shit Creek

#10 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,561 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 03:38 PM

Fair play to Richie Benaud. He certainly didn't  hold back there and nice to see Rodney Marsh making his feelings known.

I was watching Crickets Greatest on Sky the other day and it was the Adam Gilchrist episode. Gilchrist was a 'walker' and they brought up him walking in the World Cup against Sri Lanka during either a semi final or the final. He was saying he always walked but there were quite a few of his team mates that were furious at him after that game. He did say he got great support from Ponting who didn't agree with him walking but said he was right to do what he believed to be right and to play the game the way he believed. If only more sportsmen thought the way Gilchrist did. 

Just watching highlights of the final T20....England won but Australia must have rubbed butter into their fielding hands including the wicket keeper. The amount of catches they dropped was really unbelievable. Anyway the series was drawn so the sheilas keep their ashes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users