Scotland v Malta

27 replies to this topic

#1 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 32,224 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:33 AM

Wouldn't want the forum to lose anymore prolific super intelligent posters :lol:

Anyway, tough enough game, England struggled to get the win,

Up da Scots, give em hell!
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#2 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,251 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 11:16 AM

Malta are a very poor team but thats what makes these games difficult to overcome. Even the best teams can struggle to break down 10 behind the ball but this should be a simple enough 3 points.

Can see another attack minded team and only hope Strachan has prepared the team to work in tight areas to get any joy.

2-0 Scotland.

#3 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,414 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 11:30 AM

Wouldn't want the forum to lose anymore prolific super intelligent posters :lol:

Anyway, tough enough game, England struggled to get the win,

Up da Scots, give em hell!

Reason I don't start or get involved much in these threads is because I have little interest in international football. Think the last time I watched a full game was last year's Euros & that was only due to betting. I wish some people who used to frequent here could have understood that. Hope that 'shit pit' Pie Bovril is entertaining the monk...... :D

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#4 sployal

sployal

Veteran

• 1,303 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 11:38 AM

Malta are a very poor team but thats what makes these games difficult to overcome. Even the best teams can struggle to break down 10 behind the ball but this should be a simple enough 3 points.

Can see another attack minded team and only hope Strachan has prepared the team to work in tight areas to get any joy.

2-0 Scotland.

Scotland are going nowhere under Strachan, wee ginger napper fucked it from day 2.

Get yur Sky subscription up to date if you want to watch world cup 2018 Cam....

#5 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,414 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 11:40 AM

Scotland are going nowhere under Strachan, wee ginger napper fucked it from day 2.

Get yur Sky subscription up to date if you want to watch world cup 2018 Cam....

tenor.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#6 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,251 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 11:53 AM

Reason I don't start or get involved much in these threads is because I have little interest in international football. Think the last time I watched a full game was last year's Euros & that was only due to betting. I wish some people who used to frequent here could have understood that. Hope that 'shit pit' Pie Bovril is entertaining the monk...... :D

Why dont you watch the national team Dug, I know you watch a wad of lower league games down south that you have little or no connection too but always say you love watching football......your country plays yet you dont watch !

What is the reason for that because I dont get it from what you have said previously.

#7 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,414 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 12:10 PM

Why dont you watch the national team Dug, I know you watch a wad of lower league games down south that you have little or no connection too but always say you love watching football......your country plays yet you dont watch !

What is the reason for that because I dont get it from what you have said previously.

No enthusiasm Cam as with International games as a whole and like you the C L does heehaw for me. Watch Rangers games first & foremost but I do watch most if not all Scottish games that are on live at the weekends unless I have a bet on an English game which is on at the same time or there is, imo, an English game.....Man Utd v City, Liverpool v Everton, Chelsea v Spurs eg that 'should be' more entertaining. I realise it is not to the liking of fans who actually go to the games (I certainly didn't like it when I went games) but the time spread suits me as a tv viewer. So basically it's not that I don't watch Scottish football it's simply the international scene that I can't be arsed with.

PS.....Portsmouth v Rotherham this afternoon mate...... ;)

#8 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 18,616 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 12:50 PM

If England beat Slovakia and Scotland win then one point in it for 2nd place tho a good chance they will be the worst runners up

GettyImages-539573328.jpg

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#9 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,251 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 01:00 PM

If England beat Slovakia and Scotland win then one point in it for 2nd place tho a good chance they will be the worst runners up

It is typical Scottish luck Norn, not sure if you are aware but so many instances where a club or the national team are moments away from pure and utter joy and then its ripped from you right at the death.
Recent game v England, game v Italy at Hampden, game v the Swiss Euro 96. There is just so many scenraios that kick you right in the baws.

If we finish 2nd it wouldnt surprise me if we were the team that misses out !!!

#10 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,251 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 01:02 PM

No enthusiasm Cam as with International games as a whole and like you the C L does heehaw for me. Watch Rangers games first & foremost but I do watch most if not all Scottish games that are on live at the weekends unless I have a bet on an English game which is on at the same time or there is, imo, an English game.....Man Utd v City, Liverpool v Everton, Chelsea v Spurs eg that 'should be' more entertaining. I realise it is not to the liking of fans who actually go to the games (I certainly didn't like it when I went games) but the time spread suits me as a tv viewer. So basically it's not that I don't watch Scottish football it's simply the international scene that I can't be arsed with.

PS.....Portsmouth v Rotherham this afternoon mate...... ;)

I did like the CL and there can be good games I just hate the whole seeding thing and how it is suited to the clubs who already have all the dosh.

Fair enough with your reason, your choice.......I was just curious due to your wide choice of games you watch.

#11 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 18,616 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 01:15 PM

It is typical Scottish luck Norn, not sure if you are aware but so many instances where a club or the national team are moments away from pure and utter joy and then its ripped from you right at the death.
Recent game v England, game v Italy at Hampden, game v the Swiss Euro 96. There is just so many scenraios that kick you right in the baws.
If we finish 2nd it wouldnt surprise me if we were the team that misses out !!!

Have you played Gibraltar twice?

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#12 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,414 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 01:20 PM

I did like the CL and there can be good games I just hate the whole seeding thing and how it is suited to the clubs who already have all the dosh.

Fair enough with your reason, your choice.......I was just curious due to your wide choice of games you watch.

believe it or not mate....my first Hampden international was against Poland 1965 (I was 10). My next was the following month when we beat Italy courtesy of John Greig.I've seen Brazil, West Germany, England, Norn Ireland, Wales off the top of my head. So I did go and watch the International games when I was much younger. Certainly not a Tartan Army foot soldier as they are now called but simply a supporter.

#13 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,038 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 02:23 PM

2-0 Scotland.

I had to settle for england v malta the other night and the england struggled to break em doon until they 3 in last 5 mins , i thought it would be a gimme but we will need to approach it right.
Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#14 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,414 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:47 AM

Eh....just for the record....Scotland won 2-0 Scotland fans. I read it in this mornings paper.

#15 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,038 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:47 AM

Need to win both games ? I thought a win and draw woulda sufficed results depending?

#16 tonethebhoy

tonethebhoy

Hall Of Fame

• 1,716 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:54 AM

As things stand, this is WC play-off pots.

Pot 1: Portugal Italy Sweden Slovakia

Pot 2: N. Ireland Ukraine Rep of Ireland Montenegro

Assuming we'd take the place of Slovakia - wouldn't fancy our chances against any of them apart from the Rep of Ireland

#17 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 18,616 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:34 AM

As things stand, this is WC play-off pots.

Pot 1: Portugal Italy Sweden Slovakia

Pot 2: N. Ireland Ukraine Rep of Ireland Montenegro

Assuming we'd take the place of Slovakia - wouldn't fancy our chances against any of them apart from the Rep of Ireland

You would be in same pot as them

#18 tonethebhoy

tonethebhoy

Hall Of Fame

• 1,716 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:42 AM

You would be in same pot as them

Oh Ok well thats that then eh

#19 Hunterian

Hunterian

Veteran

• 1,172 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:16 PM

2 more games, 2 more wins and then hope for the best.  Who'd have thought the Slovakia game would be so exciting?

I hope those slagging off Strachan and the team will be easing off a bit, we know the weaknesses and failings but this team has started to perform.  The Lithuania game was one of the best Scotland performances I've seen, ever.

#20 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,038 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:28 PM

Canny see us win away at slovenia tbh but ye never know

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users