#2 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 70,555 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:26 AM

http://www.bbc.com/s...otball/41182108

Will this set a precedent?

obviously more to this than the cited 'error' by the ref. I'd love to see the evidence for such a ban, was this a first offence, was there any background ? Match replayed on the basis of a ref's mistake ? Hmmm.

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#3 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,281 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:04 AM

Match replayed on the basis of a ref's mistake ? Hmmm.

That was the bit that got me thinking. Imagine the chaos!

But the way things are going with all the reviews and such, it definitely has become a possibility.

Shit Creek

#4 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,555 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:14 AM

That was the bit that got me thinking. Imagine the chaos!

But the way things are going with all the reviews and such, it definitely has become a possibility.

Game as a whole would be fucked if that was a consequence of a 'review' Hairy. Interested to hear more about this case.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#5 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,281 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 07:59 AM

Game as a whole would be fucked if that was a consequence of a 'review' Hairy. Interested to hear more about this case.

Eventually the question will be asked "What is the point of these reviews?".

Are the reviews all about punishing or exonerating the players, or can they be put to better use?

If an injustice has occurred then should that not be corrected?

It has become increasingly obvious that due to the potential time lags the various authorities are reluctant to implement any kind of real time review, but does that mean that post match reviews should also be dismissed?

Should game changing glaring errors not be redressed or reversed?

Shit Creek

#6 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,555 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:24 AM

Eventually the question will be asked "What is the point of these reviews?".

Are the reviews all about punishing or exonerating the players, or can they be put to better use?

If an injustice has occurred then should that not be corrected?

It has become increasingly obvious that due to the potential time lags the various authorities are reluctant to implement any kind of real time review, but does that mean that post match reviews should also be dismissed?

Should game changing glaring errors not be redressed or reversed?

Post match reviews are in operation for simulation and cards given to players OR NOT during a game. However, imo, games which have obvious mistakes such as this and the international you mentioned, which are brought to focus AFTER the game has finished, surely cannot go down the route of replaying every game in which such incidents occur. I'd venture that almost every game has some kind of game changing incident happen. Human error will always occur, whether it be by a referee or player, in any walk of life.

#7 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,281 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:59 AM

Post match reviews are in operation for simulation and cards given to players OR NOT during a game. However, imo, games which have obvious mistakes such as this and the international you mentioned, which are brought to focus AFTER the game has finished, surely cannot go down the route of replaying every game in which such incidents occur. I'd venture that almost every game has some kind of game changing incident happen. Human error will always occur, whether it be by a referee or player, in any walk of life.

Don't get me wrong. I agree with what you say.

However I think there may well be a case to be made for "correcting" those errors which result in an unfair advantage being gained by one or other of the teams involved.

The problem would be sorting out the wheat from the chaff. There would obviously be many cases of paranoia, but there will also be cases where there may well be incompetence or bias, and those should surely be addressed.

Edited by Hairy Scot, 07 September 2017 - 09:00 AM.

Shit Creek

#8 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,555 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:24 AM

Don't get me wrong. I agree with what you say.

However I think there may well be a case to be made for "correcting" those errors which result in an unfair advantage being gained by one or other of the teams involved.

The problem would be sorting out the wheat from the chaff. There would obviously be many cases of paranoia, but there will also be cases where there may well be incompetence or bias, and those should surely be addressed.

Tbh under the offences already covered and that apparently ludicrous game/decision you mentioned I'm in the defo no camp for replaying games. A can of worms mate. I don't like it.

PS if a game was replayed due to some missed decision and the same happens in the replay.....what then ?

#9 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,281 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 11:46 PM

Tbh under the offences already covered and that apparently ludicrous game/decision you mentioned I'm in the defo no camp for replaying games. A can of worms mate. I don't like it.

PS if a game was replayed due to some missed decision and the same happens in the replay.....what then ?

I agree that it would probably be chaotic, but the thing is that a precedent has been established, just as one was established when Legia Warsaw had a 2-0 victory converted to a 3-0 defeat as punishment for fielding an ineligible player.

Interesting times ahead?

Shit Creek

#10 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,555 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:57 AM

I agree that it would probably be chaotic, but the thing is that a precedent has been established, just as one was established when Legia Warsaw had a 2-0 victory converted to a 3-0 defeat as punishment for fielding an ineligible player.

Interesting times ahead?

Yeah a precedent has been established and I look forward to see how things progress or otherwise. I've had a look at several reports on this incident and I can't find anything to indicate it was blatant cheating or match fixing as has been stated. A life ban for this AND to replay a game on the basis of one error is outrageous.....have a look at the video in this link....worthy of a life ban and a replay ?

http://www.independe...y-a7933591.html

#11 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,281 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 07:31 AM

Yeah a precedent has been established and I look forward to see how things progress or otherwise. I've had a look at several reports on this incident and I can't find anything to indicate it was blatant cheating or match fixing as has been stated. A life ban for this AND to replay a game on the basis of one error is outrageous.....have a look at the video in this link....worthy of a life ban and a replay ?

http://www.independe...y-a7933591.html

There may well be more to that than meets the eye.

Maybe it's a ploy by FIFA to demonstrate that the organisation is now squeaky clean and intends to ensure that all officials are too.            

Shit Creek

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users