Photo

Rangers v Dundee.....09/09/2017

22 replies to this topic

#21 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,254 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 09:01 AM

A victory, 3 points and 4 goals scored will please most but I can see a few problems ahead for the team if Pedro insists on certain things.

First half was a rather disappointing affair, we had a few chances but really nothing clear cut. The passing was slow and to be honest we were really a man or 2 down. Big Niko should not be starting games and should never be put on the wing.....I mean Niko on the wing what the fuck is Pedro thinking ? He was totally wasted and a clear man down because he can not run. Miller is badly needing dropped as he is taking someone elses place in the team, someone who will be far more effective than him. Bit harsh on them both but they really were poor, has been highlighted many times oarticularly Miller who seems to play every game.

We managed a goal juat before half time and it was wee Morelos who looked a real danger in the first half and most likely to score so I wasnt surprised when he did. Goal came at the right time and provided the platform for the players to build in the 2nd half and thats what they done.

Guys like Candeias started to get into the game, his delivery in the first half was shocking but he was working tirelesly. Team started to look the part when Niko was replaced by Windass and the difference was almost immediate.
Team created a number of chances and the best players were Jack, my MoM again, Tav and Candeias and also wee Morelos up top.

The worry for me is if Pedro continues to select guys who should not be starting. Miller falls into that bracket and Niko too but one guy is closely followed by them and its our captain.
He looks like a player who has not earned his place, IMO he was poor yesterday and looked nervy when under the slightest of pressure, touch was way off and decision making questionable. Only pass marks was his energy levels are good, sadly the quality is on the slide so I hope Pedro notices that.....no place for sentiment even for a great role model like Wallace.

#22 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 69,422 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:28 AM

A victory, 3 points and 4 goals scored will please most but I can see a few problems ahead for the team if Pedro insists on certain things.

First half was a rather disappointing affair, we had a few chances but really nothing clear cut. The passing was slow and to be honest we were really a man or 2 down. Big Niko should not be starting games and should never be put on the wing.....I mean Niko on the wing what the fuck is Pedro thinking ? He was totally wasted and a clear man down because he can not run. Miller is badly needing dropped as he is taking someone elses place in the team, someone who will be far more effective than him. Bit harsh on them both but they really were poor, has been highlighted many times oarticularly Miller who seems to play every game.

We managed a goal juat before half time and it was wee Morelos who looked a real danger in the first half and most likely to score so I wasnt surprised when he did. Goal came at the right time and provided the platform for the players to build in the 2nd half and thats what they done.

Guys like Candeias started to get into the game, his delivery in the first half was shocking but he was working tirelesly. Team started to look the part when Niko was replaced by Windass and the difference was almost immediate.
Team created a number of chances and the best players were Jack, my MoM again, Tav and Candeias and also wee Morelos up top.

The worry for me is if Pedro continues to select guys who should not be starting. Miller falls into that bracket and Niko too but one guy is closely followed by them and its our captain.
He looks like a player who has not earned his place, IMO he was poor yesterday and looked nervy when under the slightest of pressure, touch was way off and decision making questionable. Only pass marks was his energy levels are good, sadly the quality is on the slide so I hope Pedro notices that.....no place for sentiment even for a great role model like Wallace.

Miller's play/positioning is being mentioned more & more by radio pundits that I have heard & all are basically saying what we on here have been stating since at least last season. I agree with you re Wallace in the games on tv that I've seen so I'd like to see the lad Declan John given a run to see what he can do.

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#23 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,254 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:48 AM

Yeah I just dont understand why he starts every single game, his perfomances simply dont justify it.
Have also seen many Rangers fans defending his game saying he is top scorer last season and bla bla bla......eh aye no wonder as he has played more games than anyone else.

If he starts agaimst Thistle then Pedro needs to get the best out of him, currently thats not happening. I think he can still offer the team something but he has to be an impact sub or used in the less impoetant cup games. He should not be the first name on the team sheet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users