BT Sport admit covering up Celtic fans' IRA chants

27 replies to this topic

#1 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 18,616 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 05:50 PM

They adjusted the sound on the live coverage on Friday night at Hamilton so viewers couldn't hear IRA songs,c'mon Celtic sort this shit out

http://www.scotsman....hants-1-4555690

GettyImages-539573328.jpg

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#2 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,038 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 05:56 PM

Better than hearing it no?

Heard it from rangers the other week and would rather it was muted

It won't ever stop
Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#3 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,419 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 05:58 PM

They adjusted the sound on the live coverage on Friday night at Hamilton so viewers couldn't hear IRA songs,c'mon Celtic sort this shit out

http://www.scotsman....hants-1-4555690

But Celtic criticise the SFA and ask for investigation (Afuckinggain!!!) into Rangers tax case...what a hateful bunch of fucks they can be at times (sporting integrity my fucking arse). Not a word about the scummy IRA supporting cunts in their support mind ye.

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#4 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,419 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:00 PM

Better than hearing it no?

Heard it from rangers the other week and would rather it was muted

It won't ever stop

Better if neither support done it in the first place Hoopz. But as ye say...won't ever stop due to bigoted fuds.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#5 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,038 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:00 PM

But Celtic criticise the SFA and ask for investigation (Afuckinggain!!!) into Rangers tax case...what a hateful bunch of fucks they can be at times (sporting integrity my fucking arse). Not a word about the scummy IRA supporting cunts in their support mind ye.

Not only Celtic , other clubs fans want it too

#6 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,038 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:01 PM

Better if neither support done it in the first place Hoopz. But as ye say...won't ever stop due to bigoted fuds.

True , just mute the cunts and nobody has to hear , club or sfa can't stop it

#7 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 18,616 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:06 PM

True , just mute the cunts and nobody has to hear , club or sfa can't stop it

I disagree mate,both old firm clubs can stop it

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#8 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,252 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:14 PM

I dont see how you can stop it, just bad blood when its spoken about and people dont like the elephant in the room.

Celtic have a thing about flying a foreign flag at their stadium as well as their own support even though its not club colours.....whole thing is based entirely on religion IMO.

Then you have Rangers who fly the flag of the UK and embrace the whole British thing which angers Celtic fans for whatever reason and leads to more bigotry. Is fault on both sides and the songs I hear from some Rangers fans is pure and utter bigoted bile.

Will never get rid of it while Celtic embrace Ireland and Rangers embrace Britain. The whole lot of it is a load of shit and that is from both sides.

Support your team and leave the hatred at the door.....wont happen though, elephant in the room as I said.

#9 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,038 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:27 PM

" Celtic have a thing about flying a foreign flag at their stadium as well as their own support even though its not club colours.....whole thing is based entirely on religion IMO."

Wrong again, whats religion got to do with the founder of cfc being from ireland?

And you totally dismiss the NI flags at hers games , is this cos they are a british isle? Dont see loads a welsh flags at games

#10 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,038 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:28 PM

I disagree mate,both old firm clubs can stop it

How though? It's rife at every away game

#11 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 18,616 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 06:37 PM

How though? It's rife at every away game

Interaction between club reps and supporters club's committees,i'm guessing away tickets are mostly distributed to them

#12 Makdee

Makdee

Super Sub

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:23 PM

How many investigations etc are needed. The final judgement in the big tax case from how many law lords was it 5. Made it clear nothing unlawful was done.
Part of said judgement
“In this appeal, there is no suggestion that any part of the transaction, which comprised the tax avoidance scheme, was a sham. The elements of the transaction, which I discuss below, were all genuine and had legal effect, as the majority of the FTT held.”

Or the is it the case this will carry on and carry on if certain groups don't get what they want

#13 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,038 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:53 PM

How many investigations etc are needed. The final judgement in the big tax case from how many law lords was it 5. Made it clear nothing unlawful was done.
Part of said judgement
“In this appeal, there is no suggestion that any part of the transaction, which comprised the tax avoidance scheme, was a sham. The elements of the transaction, which I discuss below, were all genuine and had legal effect, as the majority of the FTT held.”

Or the is it the case this will carry on and carry on if certain groups don't get what they want

Erm rangers lost the BTC

If you look around twitter and other clubs forums you will see its not a celtic v gers thing

#14 Makdee

Makdee

Super Sub

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:57 PM

Erm rangers lost the BTC

If you look around twitter and other clubs forums you will see its not a celtic v gers thing

Really read the judgement even HMRC admit the was no tax evasion it not difficult yes tax was owed but it's pretty clear no laws were broke as tax avoidance is not a criminal case
Also I read that all 42 clubs want this no they don't pretty sure Rangers are sick of it as are Aberdeen as a club there will be others.

Again how many times are Rangers to be punished

Edited by Makdee, 10 September 2017 - 11:01 PM.

#15 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,038 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 11:16 PM

Really read the judgement even HMRC admit the was no tax evasion it not difficult yes tax was owed but it's pretty clear no laws were broke as tax avoidance is not a criminal case
Also I read that all 42 clubs want this no they don't pretty sure Rangers are sick of it as are Aberdeen as a club there will be others.

Again how many times are Rangers to be punished

Wrong again , not producing the side letters , 47m on players in tax free loans

"Two tribunals in 2012 and 2014 had previously found in Rangers' favour, but the Court of Session found in favour of HMRC after an appeal in 2015.

Liquidators BDO were then allowed to appeal to the Supreme Court in London as the ruling has implications for future cases.

On Wednesday, the Supreme Court unanimously dismissed RFC's appeal and ruled in favour of HMRC."

https://www.google.c...otland-40501361

"Payments made via EBTs were agreed in “side letters”, which were separate agreements to employment contracts and were hidden from the taxman and the football authorities."

https://www.google.c...dance-crackdown

Aberdeens chairman might not , that doesnt matter , the amount of fans do

As for how many times , they have been punished and that caused them to liquidate but its not punishing the old club , its getting rid of the 2 dumplings that have dug a rather large hole at the sfa who granted rangers a euro licence

Dont worry is doesnt impact rangers :)

#16 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,983 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:04 AM

Isn't it sadly typical that any mention of Celtic fans and their IRA chants, songs, and flags always results in the same old whataboutery and deflection?

Edited by Hairy Scot, 11 September 2017 - 12:07 AM.

Drogon%20.gif?_subject_uid=33500869&raw=

#17 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,038 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:16 AM

Isn't it sadly typical that any mention of Celtic fans and their IRA chants, songs, and flags always results in the same old whataboutery and deflection?

Yeah its terrible staying on topic as it happens every away game for both teams

I dont really care as i can mute my telly but its funny how theres always a celtic thread and not a gers onewhen both DO the same same thing and chant bigotory , well on topic and no whataboutery whatsoever

#18 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,983 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:20 AM

Yeah its terrible staying on topic as it happens every away game for both teams

I dont really care as i can mute my telly but its funny how theres always a celtic thread and not a gers onewhen both DO the same same thing and chant bigotory , well on topic and no whataboutery whatsoever

I think we all acknowledge that the bigotry is not confined to one side or the other, and I agree with you that muting the telly is a good move.

In fact I think BT Sport's decision was a good one.

I'm sure we'd all support a ban on all chants, songs, flags, and banners which are thought to be offensive or to be symbols of bigotry.

Deny the numpties the publicity and perhaps they'll grow tired of their songs and chants.

What I don't get is why some feel it necessary to bring up the other side's flaws whenever a comment is made on the subject.

The comments in The Scotsman's article illustrate just how pointless and divisive it can be.

Edited by Hairy Scot, 11 September 2017 - 01:25 AM.

Drogon%20.gif?_subject_uid=33500869&raw=

#19 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,038 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:37 AM

I think we all acknowledge that the bigotry is not confined to one side or the other, and I agree with you that muting the telly is a good move.
In fact I think BT Sport's decision was a good one.
I'm sure we'd all support a ban on all chants, songs, flags, and banners which are thought to be offensive or to be symbols of bigotry.
Deny the numpties the publicity and perhaps they'll grow tired of their songs and chants.

What I don't get is why some feel it necessary to bring up the other side's flaws whenever a comment is made on the subject.
The comments in The Scotsman's article illustrate just how pointless and divisive it can be.

Fair dos

I only bring it up as celtics is highlighted and thats fair enough but both are at it every week and strangely enough you hear more at away games like dingwall , hamilton etc than you do when celtic and rangers play each other!

BT should mute it all but the fans should be nabbed via cctv and not get away with it as its no fair on the clubs imo

#20 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,419 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:48 AM

Yeah I know that Hoopz.....However i had been reading spiteful comments from various Celtic fans on another forum (no, it wasn't any Celtic forum, was a general UK football one) & that kind of tipped me into a bit of an over reaction when I read Norn's link.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users