Thistle v Rangers

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,305 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:40 PM

Going to be a difficult match this one, the Jags are way better than their current position in the league.
Will be tight but hoping for 3 points.

I would like to see this team

Wes
Tav, Cardoso, Alves, Wallace
Candeias, Jack, Dorrans, Windass
Pena
Morelos

2-0 Rangers

#2 sployal

sployal

Veteran

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:45 PM

Just hate these kind of stats :

• Thistle have gone four games this season and 10 top-flight games overall without a win
  • Rangers are unbeaten in three games
  • Rangers have won their last six meetings with Thistle, scoring twice each time
  • Thistle have not beaten Rangers in 26 meetings since a 3-0 win at Firhill in 1993
  • Rangers won their last five top-flight away games - their best run since 14 in a row in 2011

#3 sployal

sployal

Veteran

• 1,443 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:25 PM

Rangers: Foderingham, Tavernier, Fabio Cardoso, Bruno Alves, Wallace, Candeias, Jack, Dorrans, Windass, Miller, Morelos.

If things click and Miller stops his wandering this line-up could bring a few goals.

#4 sployal

sployal

Veteran

• 1,443 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:38 PM

Pitiful first half lucky 1 - 0 we are showing to much respect to the opposition.

Let's hope things click second half and we must start to dominate and play better in first third and midfield...

#5 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,305 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 08:19 PM

Knew this would be tough, Thistle out played us every game last season......looks like they are getting what they finally deserve, a victory.

#6 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,085 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:37 PM

Another disappointing result.

Drogon%20.gif?_subject_uid=33500869&raw=

#7 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,893 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 06:32 AM

Saw on SSN there....Shocking challenge by Erskine (?) on Morelos who was very lucky..............and Archibald puts it down to 'a forward's challenge' ? Fuck off, it was a shocker! 

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#8 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,893 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 07:28 AM

Just seen Thistle's 2nd....where the fuck was our defence ? Thistle players virtually given tickets to waltz into the 6 yard box....unbelievable.

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#9 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,305 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 10:40 AM

Thistle a little unlucky again so I cant have too many complaints. I actually thought we deserved the 3 points here but given our last games against them I can hardly grudge them it.

Meet them again on Tuesday night before the toughest game of the season against Celtic !!!

#10 Jiffy

Jiffy

International

• Members
  • 571 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 01:39 PM

Bump.

No mention of Rangers absolutely pummeling 10 man Thistle on this thread. Most posters thinking Thistle were unlucky not to get 3 points.

Mmmm. That's not how Trav remembers it.

#11 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,497 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 03:37 PM

Bump.

No mention of Rangers absolutely pummeling 10 man Thistle on this thread. Most posters thinking Thistle were unlucky not to get 3 points.

Mmmm. That's not how Trav remembers it.

You asked me to name the games where we pummelled teams and this wasn't one i picked out. 

Most poster do not say Thistle were unlucky. In fact the only poster to mention anything post match is Camshy who says Rangers deserved all 3 points.

Here are the stats from the BBC...

Home50% Away50% Shots Home5 Away17 Shots on Target Home2 Away4 Corners Home3 Away4 Fouls Home10 Away6

Thistle score with their only 2 shots on target and Rangers have 17 shots and that doesn't include the ones the Thistle defenders threw themselves in front of.

We rode our luck last season against Thistle and here they did exactly that to us. 

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#12 Jiffy

Jiffy

International

• Members
  • 571 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 03:57 PM

You asked me to name the games where we pummelled teams and this wasn't one i picked out.

Most poster do not say Thistle were unlucky. In fact the only poster to mention anything post match is Camshy who says Rangers deserved all 3 points.

Here are the stats from the BBC...
Home50% Away50% Shots Home5 Away17 Shots on Target Home2 Away4 Corners Home3 Away4 Fouls Home10 Away6

Thistle score with their only 2 shots on target and Rangers have 17 shots and that doesn't include the ones the Thistle defenders threw themselves in front of.

We rode our luck last season against Thistle and here they did exactly that to us.

You didn't say we pummeled thistle?

The ten man Partick who Rangers absolutely pummeled looking for the winner and the Partick Thistle who even their own manager admitted they were out on their feet at the end of the game as they clung on for a draw

Who wrote that then ^^^^^

#13 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,497 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 04:05 PM

You didn't say we pummeled thistle?

The ten man Partick who Rangers absolutely pummeled looking for the winner and the Partick Thistle who even their own manager admitted they were out on their feet at the end of the game as they clung on for a draw

Who wrote that then ^^^^^

Who wrote this?....

Rangers piled on the pressure and got their equaliser through former Thistle man, Graham Dorrans, as he struck a ranged shot home from 25 yards. They continued their onslaught into the dying embers of the game but were unable to break down a resolute Thistle rear-guard and the game ended level. Thistle manager, Alan Archibald, spoke with ptfc.co.uk after the game to share his thoughts on the evening’s action.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The clue is in the copy and paste  :lol:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the online expression is .. BOOOM HEAD SHOT. 

Now give it a fucking rest. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FWIW i wouldn't say we pummelled them for 90 minutes. The point you were making was about fitness and as i said if you had gone with the Motherwell game i would have said you were correct. They looked fitter and stronger than Rangers in that opening game but you included the Thistle games where i said we finished the stronger and above is a report agreeing with that 100%

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users