• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 6,015 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 04:17 PM

Wouldn't normally give an online rumour its own thread but considering the source is David Edgar it deserves to be taken seriously as i doubt , as much as i dislike him, he would put his name to something he was not sure of.

Seemingly , according to DE, Pedro has been told he has to achieve a minimum  of 18 points in the next 8 league games and even that may not be enough to save his job. We have a few tricky games ahead of us including Accies away (shit pitch), St Johnstone away, Sheep away and if i am not mistaken Hearts away. 

I thought he would have been given until at least the end of January.

I think DoF Mark Allen will be working overtime to get a shortlist of managers together. 

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#2 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,957 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 04:23 PM

Wouldn't normally give an online rumour its own thread but considering the source is David Edgar it deserves to be taken seriously as i doubt , as much as i dislike him, he would put his name to something he was not sure of.

Seemingly , according to DE, Pedro has been told he has to achieve a minimum  of 18 points in the next 8 league games and even that may not be enough to save his job. We have a few tricky games ahead of us including Accies away (shit pitch), St Johnstone away, Sheep away and if i am not mistaken Hearts away. 

I thought he would have been given until at least the end of January.

I think DoF Mark Allen will be working overtime to get a shortlist of managers together. 

Plus.............midweek before sheep away we have them at home (re-arranged).....won't be easy either.

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#3 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,015 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 04:35 PM

Plus.............midweek before sheep away we have them at home (re-arranged).....won't be easy either.

Just checked the fixtures and the next 8 league games ends with the Aberdeen Home game. 

You are right though the 9th is Aberdeen away. 

Win both those games and (hoping we keep apace) then everything looks a whole lot rosier.

Lose both those games (God forbid) then i cannot see him surviving. 

Just before Pedro was announced there were rumours that Frank De Boer was on a shortlist. I saw his agent / representative being interviewed  and  he wouldn't rule him out of it. TBH i thought it was all bollocks but after failing at Inter and Palace would he see Rangers as a chance to resurrect his reputation? 

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#4 Jiffy

Jiffy

Veteran

• 1,057 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 04:56 PM

To be honest with the reports that he went into the dressing room and had a go at the home grown players then i can't see him lasting 8 games.

We have all seen it all before. Manager splits the dressing room, loses the players, players down tools, manager walks.

Murty must polishing up on his back flips.

#5 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,741 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 04:58 PM

He on a 3 year deal? Would cost alot to sack him if thats the case
Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#6 Jiffy

Jiffy

Veteran

• 1,057 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 05:00 PM

He on a 3 year deal? Would cost alot to sack him if thats the case

I'm sure there's some season ticket money left.

#7 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,957 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 05:03 PM

Just before Pedro was announced there were rumours that Frank De Boer was on a shortlist. I saw his agent / representative being interviewed  and  he wouldn't rule him out of it. TBH i thought it was all bollocks but after failing at Inter and Palace would he see Rangers as a chance to resurrect his reputation? 

Tbh Trav.....I wouldn't like to say....it's all if and buts at the moment. Nothing can be totally ruled out but (another one) I'd imagine there will be a lot of discussions taking place at the moment. As a further tbh....I'm totally pig sick of the goings on.

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#8 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,433 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 05:18 PM

Pedros card was marked after the Progres game.
People say you shouldnt chop and change a manager and while I agree stability is very important.....its less important if you have a manager who is rotten. If he is not up to the job then why do you hqve to wait ?

He should be out the door right now, I dont see the point or benefit of having him here.....if he has had a go at the home grown players then his time is most defintely up.

#9 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,015 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 05:39 PM

I forgot about that Record story. I ll see if i can find the Rangers observer article that Keith Jackson lifted it from. He didn't actually have a go at home grown players that is just negative spin from a disgruntled journalist.

Hopefully have more luck putting that up than i am having putting that screenshot up

#10 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,015 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 05:51 PM

Pedro Caixinha has left his Rangers players in no doubt about his expectations for the rest of the season, after a full and frank debrief at the Rangers Training Centre following Saturday's Old Firm defeat. 

Pedro gave Rangers fans a glimpse of his willingness for the fight during the game, when he confronted Scott Brown after the Celtic player elbowed Alfredo Morelos - the latest in a series of unpunished elbows by Brown on Rangers players in recent Old Firm fixtures. Now it is the Rangers squad who are feeling the brunt of his determination to improve the fortunes of our club. 

Pedro stressed the need for the squad to work together in the coming months and put together a run of results to move Rangers into a better league position and progress in the League Cup. He has made it clear that he expects the British members of the squad and the new arrivals from Portugal, Mexico and Colombia to work together to address the inconsistency that has plagued the start of the season. 

There was always going to be a period of adjustment with so many new players from both the domestic scene and abroad, but it is clear Caixinha feels that the process of bedding the squad in should now be complete and that there can be no more excuses in Rangers' quest for trophies. 

The gaffer has told his foreign imports that they need to ensure that they have fully integrated themselves with the British core of the squad and has urged his domestic players to do whatever is necessary to complete that process. He wants the players all fighting together for the jersey and for the fans. 

A source close to the dressing room has told the Rangers Observer that the message was well received by the squad and that they are more determined than ever to show both Pedro and the Rangers support that they have the quality, determination and fight to properly represent our club on the pitch. 

Caixinha has talked before about the need for our players to win the battle on the pitch whilst also playing football. The fans and the manager will expect the squad to show the required qualities and bounce back from a disappointing Old Firm weekend with a win against Hamilton on Friday.

-----------------------------------------------------

Jackson lifted his story directly from this page. Obviously i don't read the record and the way he has spun this story is one of the reasons why!

I would hope there were frank exchanges after that second half display. Too many players posted missing. Pena and Dorrans especially and i have given Candieas enough praise since signing but he failed to get into this game. 

Pedro needs a reaction on Friday.

Strong rumours it was Miller that leaked the team on Saturday and this is not the first time he has been blamed by so called 'In The Know' posters. He gets dropped and leaks start again. If true they need to get him away from the club in January. As much as i like the guy and i know he did a lot for the younger players but nobody is bigger than the club!

Hamilton are seemingly struggling injury wise. Maybe a time to play Morelos and Herrera upfront

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users