• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,435 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:37 PM

Wee question for you guys.

Recently on FB I commented on a mates page, something to do with Connor the mouthpiece McGregor being in Glasgow. Anyway I said a chap from the RoI supporting Celtic there is a surprise, wonder why none of them support Rangers eh.

Well my mate who has family in Donegal or something says there are people in Ireland who do support them and there is even a supporters club, I assumed they were from somewhere else. As in not born in the republic. The flag of the supporters club even has a Northern Ireland flag on it !!!

Have you heard of folk from the RoI supporting Rangers or am I being a tad presumptuous ?

#2 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 19,466 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:41 PM

Recently on FB I commented on a mates page, something to do with Connor the mouthpiece McGregor being in Glasgow. Anyway I said a chap from the RoI supporting Celtic there is a surprise, wonder why none of them support Rangers eh.
Well my mate who has family in Donegal or something says there are people in Ireland who do support them and there is even a supporters club, I assumed they were from somewhere else. As in not born in the republic. The flag of the supporters club even has a Northern Ireland flag on it !!!

Have you heard of folk from the RoI supporting Rangers or am I being a tad presumptuous ?

Not to my knowledge but is possible

Northern%20Ireland.gif

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#3 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 33,289 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:43 PM

Aye, there's Orange Order and everything.....

The Scottish/English settlers went all over,

I'd be surprised if there weren't Rangers supporters clubs

#4 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,466 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:44 PM

http://www.scotsman....order-1-1377547

Northern%20Ireland.gif

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#5 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 33,289 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:48 PM

Just Googled

Dublin Rangers supporters club and Donegal Rangers supporters club....

Both have them... I or 1 :D

#6 sployal

sployal

Hall Of Fame

• 1,696 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 07:59 PM

I would actually think that the more liberal minded ROI is more open to religious tolerance concerning supporting one football club or another than the small minded bigots of the North.

Please correct me if i am wrong......

#7 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 33,289 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:03 PM

I would actually think that the more liberal minded ROI is more open to religious tolerance concerning supporting one football club or another than the small minded bigots of the North.
Please correct me if i am wrong......

You on the fucking glue?

#8 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,435 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:06 PM

I'm not so sure, in that article Norn posted yeah it does say one of the guys was born and bred in Dublin etc while most of the others were Scottish. Which is what I thought to be honest but the most glaring thing about for me is when the chap says basically what you have just said SPL about people from the RoI...........he then goes onto say he never wears his Rangers top in public and could never ever wear it at Landowne Rd, all the while keeping the location of meetups etc private. Hmmm seems the people of the RoI are not as tolerant as he and others try to make out. Which is again what I thought.

#9 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,744 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:09 PM

Suprised youve never seen the dublin flag at ibrox "behind enemy lines"
Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#10 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,744 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:09 PM

Wonder if the guy has a tricolour? And supporting rangers is that treason? Lol

#11 sployal

sployal

Hall Of Fame

• 1,696 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:11 PM

You on the fucking glue?

No LB, never had a sniff.

But i take it you are telling me i am wrong, thanks for answering my question.

I take it then they are as bigoted down South as they are up North. 

You do know who I'm referring to don't you?

#12 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 33,289 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:12 PM

I'm not so sure, in that article Norn posted yeah it does say one of the guys was born and bred in Dublin etc while most of the others were Scottish. Which is what I thought to be honest but the most glaring thing about for me is when the chap says basically what you have just said SPL about people from the RoI...........he then goes onto say he never wears his Rangers top in public and could never ever wear it at Landowne Rd, all the while keeping the location of meetups etc private. Hmmm seems the people of the RoI are not as tolerant as he and others try to make out. Which is again what I thought.

SP is either taking the piss or thick as....... :lol:

#13 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,435 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:12 PM

No I have never seen a tri colour at Ibrox Hoopz............except when you know who is playing us of course. It has to be a very very rare thing, a Rangers supporting republican.

#14 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 33,289 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:14 PM

No LB, never had a sniff.
But i take it you are telling me i am wrong, thanks for answering my question.
I take it then they are as bigoted down South as they are up North. 
You do know who I'm referring to don't you?

Must say, it's went right over my head.... :D

#15 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,744 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:14 PM

No I have never seen a tri colour at Ibrox Hoopz............except when you know who is playing us of course. It has to be a very very rare thing, a Rangers supporting republican.

No cammy , its not a TC , its a blue n white flag with dublin on it and that saying above iirc

I mean the chaps in eire that support gers and have a tricolour on their room wall , a wee joke holmes

#16 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,744 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:15 PM

https://www.google.c...JicTCNWmgedgbM:

#17 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 33,289 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:15 PM

He's talking about the Dublin Rangers supporters club fleg

#18 Jiffy

Jiffy

Veteran

• 1,059 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:36 PM

Suprised youve never seen the dublin flag at ibrox "behind enemy lines"

This.

They always have a massive banner.

#19 Makdee

Makdee

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:28 PM

There are plenty who support Rangers more than you realise. There’s not just the one that you mention which is the Donegal RSC which is more based on the border anyway. There’s two in Dublin One in Mayo and One in Cork. As for being from the Republic and being a tic fan I know many who despise them

As for never wearing Rangers tops in Public well I wear Rangers Polo Shirts regularly and my three sons have worn there’s with pride since primary school

Edited by Makdee, 02 October 2017 - 09:32 PM.

#20 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,744 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:36 PM

There are plenty who support Rangers more than you realise. There’s not just the one that you mention which is the Donegal RSC which is more based on the border anyway. There’s two in Dublin One in Mayo and One in Cork. As for being from the Republic and being a tic fan I know many who despise them

As for never wearing Rangers tops in Public well I wear Rangers Polo Shirts regularly and my three sons have worn there’s with pride since primary school

Hated but rated :mrgreen:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users