• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Charlie Bhoy

Charlie Bhoy

Keep on smiling.

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 11,883 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:57 AM

Me & the Mrs up 4 a few days beginning of November. As there is no league fixtures we thought we would take a wee look round something else 4 the day. We have thought about Perth never been apart from football. Is it worth it.?? £30 return 4 both of us on the choo choo from Queens Street.

#2 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,743 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:11 AM

Better aff in pub wae that £30

Take her for a bag a chips n a drink mate its gotta be better than perth.
Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#3 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,963 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:23 AM

Better aff in pub wae that £30

Take her for a bag a chips n a drink mate its gotta be better than perth.

You know how to treat a dame mate...you swashbuckler you..... :P

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#4 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,743 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:27 AM

You know how to treat a dame mate...you swashbuckler you..... :P

If shes lucky i will turn that bag a chips into a sausage supper ;)

#5 Jiffy

Jiffy

Veteran

• 1,057 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:38 AM

Perth is a nice town. Oban is a wee bit further away but is a smashing train journey and a great place to visit.

#6 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,963 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:50 AM

years ago a mate asked me if I fancied going to the races at Perth with him.....two day meet with an overnight stay at a decent hotel (paid for)....so I said sweet. Got to the hotel and checked in....(twin bedroom....no hassle) and then he told me..............after the the first day's racing he was meeting some burd on the side he was pumping and needed the bedroom for a few hours and could I...ahem, just stay out of the way....so it was the bar then a wank for me. Cunt was using me as his alibi..... :lol:

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#7 Charlie Bhoy

Charlie Bhoy

Keep on smiling.

• 11,883 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:34 PM

Perth is a nice town. Oban is a wee bit further away but is a smashing train journey and a great place to visit.

Done oban last year. Edinburgh Stirling Balloch, also visited last year. Thought about Inverness but spend hauf a day on a train. Ayr Largs also been done. Mibey a wee dander tae Falkirk fur a cup of tea way the dug.

#8 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,963 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:46 PM

Done oban last year. Edinburgh Stirling Balloch, also visited last year. Thought about Inverness but spend hauf a day on a train. Ayr Largs also been done. Mibey a wee dander tae Falkirk fur a cup of tea way the dug.

more than welcome mate. It'll be cauld water though...price of leccy these days.....

#9 Charlie Bhoy

Charlie Bhoy

Keep on smiling.

• 11,883 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:03 PM

more than welcome mate. It'll be cauld water though...price of leccy these days.....

Hahaha..

#10 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,743 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:41 PM

Agree , oban is good

#11 Jiffy

Jiffy

Veteran

• 1,057 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:40 PM

Get the train to Wemyss bay abd hop the ferry over to Rothsay. Smashing place with lots of good eateries.

#12 Charlie Bhoy

Charlie Bhoy

Keep on smiling.

• 11,883 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:10 PM

Get the train to Wemyss bay abd hop the ferry over to Rothsay. Smashing place with lots of good eateries.

Aye no a bad idea that cheers Jiffy.

#13 sployal

sployal

Hall Of Fame

• 1,694 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:52 PM

My auld maw used to love Rothesay. Dragged me, my brothers and sisters down there for holidays.

My older brother actually spread her ashes into the Clyde off the end of Rothesay pier.

We used to be very impressed by the imposing Glenburn hotel.

#14 Jiffy

Jiffy

Veteran

• 1,057 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:13 PM

My auld maw used to love Rothesay. Dragged me, my brothers and sisters down there for holidays.
My older brother actually spread her ashes into the Clyde off the end of Rothesay pier.

I went for a weekend a couple of years ago. The missus wanted to stay at the Glenburn because she stayed there years ago before i met her. So i booked it.

Was like Fawlty fecking Towers.

#15 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,017 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:17 PM

Rothesay in November? What have you got against Charlie?????

I used to deliver to Rothesay every Thursday. Great wee place in the summer if a little run down, like many seaside resorts, but it can be a little bleak in the winter. 

Perthshire is a beautiful part of the Country but Perth itself is just like so many major towns. 

Go to Oban quite often. Been a bit of a revival there and many of Argylls beast eateries are there. 

An obvious touristy place but what about Edinburgh? Plenty to do if the weather is shit.

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#16 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,017 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:18 PM

Not sure about the Hotel but Glenburn is a cracking place  ;)

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#17 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,743 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:19 PM

I used to deliver to Rothesay every Thursday. Great wee place in the summer if a little run down, like many seaside resorts, but it can be a little bleak in the winter. 

Perthshire is a beautiful part of the Country but Perth itself is just like so many major towns. 

Go to Oban quite often. Been a bit of a revival there and many of Argylls beast eateries are there. 

An obvious touristy place but what about Edinburgh? Plenty to do if the weather is shit.

good shout, id rather go to edinburger than perth

#18 Charlie Bhoy

Charlie Bhoy

Keep on smiling.

• 11,883 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:32 PM

Went tae Edinburgh last year just looking at something a wee bit different.

#19 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,743 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:34 PM

go to roseneath caravan park, wee pub there tae 

#20 Charlie Bhoy

Charlie Bhoy

Keep on smiling.

• 11,883 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:36 PM

go to roseneath caravan park, wee pub there tae

Nae need 4 the drink... Lol..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users