40 replies to this topic

#1 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 39,744 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:52 PM

Toughy , mon the hoops
Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#2 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:53 PM

Toughy , mon the hoops

you'll be hoping the youths result isn't an omen mate.

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#3 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,744 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:57 PM

you'll be hoping the youths result isn't an omen mate.

Hope no!

#4 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,744 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:02 PM

Big jozo oot so gonna be makeshift again

Not good

#5 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,435 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:58 PM

Mon the Gerries, 2-0

#6 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,744 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:05 PM

1-0 bayern

#7 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,744 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:21 PM

Getting torn apart , be lucky to keep it at 2-0 til HT

#8 endersgame

endersgame

Veteran

• 1,444 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:54 PM

It pretty much went the way everyone predicted. Like PSG Bayern are a couple of leagues above us. When you break it down the difference between the players are small. The small differences in the first touch, passing, composure etc. But when it's all added together it's a huge gulf and one that no Scottish side will ever, ever bridge.

Getting to the Europa league is as high as we can realistically go, anything more than that and you are being delusional.

#9 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 33,289 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:05 PM

It pretty much went the way everyone predicted. Like PSG Bayern are a couple of leagues above us. When you break it down the difference between the players are small. The small differences in the first touch, passing, composure etc. But when it's all added together it's a huge gulf and one that no Scottish side will ever, ever bridge.
Getting to the Europa league is as high as we can realistically go, anything more than that and you are being delusional.

Who were ye supporting tonight E?

#10 endersgame

endersgame

Veteran

• 1,444 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:22 PM

Who were ye supporting tonight E?

Celtic of course. I always have this tiny flicker of hope, but it was quickly extinguished even before the first goal. Now I'm just miserable and without hope. In truth Europe is the only real meaningful games for me - Scottish football being the way it is. It the unbridgeable gulf in class that is getting wider by the year is making me lose interest. But I still go to the games, still watch it even though I think I could do without it in my life.

#11 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,435 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:29 PM

Celtic of course. I always have this tiny flicker of hope, but it was quickly extinguished even before the first goal. Now I'm just miserable and without hope. In truth Europe is the only real meaningful games for me - Scottish football being the way it is. It the unbridgeable gulf in class that is getting wider by the year is making me lose interest. But I still go to the games, still watch it even though I think I could do without it in my life.

The gulf that now exists among the elite clubs, thats what they are now, will not diminish any time soon with the money in the game.
For me it is destroying football as we know it and its all down to money.

Watched a part of the 2nd half and it looked incredibly easy Munich, 2nd gear and could have scored whenever they upped the tempo. Interestingly though, yeah there is a massive gap in terms of quality and obviously financially but surprisingly the gap money wise is not as great as Celtic have over other clubs in this country.....something people easily forget.

#12 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,744 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:53 AM

9 months ago or so bayern beat the gooners 5-1 at allianz then beat them 5-1 in london , so im actually happy we never took a tonking.

3rd is the goal and imoroving on last season

#13 cas79

cas79

International

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:09 PM

Not happy about last nights result but these things happen against the elite clubs its very hard to compete with the gulf in finance as said above arsenal got 10 pumped past them last season over two legs

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

#14 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 33,289 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:44 PM

Not happy about last nights result but these things happen against the elite clubs its very hard to compete with the gulf in finance as said above arsenal got 10 pumped past them last season over two legs

Not happy?

What the fuck were you expecting? An Spl result? :lol:

Edited by Lord Bastion, 19 October 2017 - 05:45 PM.

#15 sployal

sployal

Hall Of Fame

• 1,696 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:57 PM

9 months ago or so bayern beat the gooners 5-1 at allianz then beat them 5-1 in london , so im actually happy we never took a tonking.

3rd is the goal and imoroving on last season

Celtic can consider themselves very fortunate they weren't facing the Bayern of 9 months ago.

That said, 3rd place is their's to lose, no way Anderlecht are winning at CP.

#16 cas79

cas79

International

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 05:58 PM

Its not so much the result and more the performance I should have said, after the Anderlecht game I allowed myself false hope

#17 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 33,289 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:04 PM

Its not so much the result and more the performance I should have said, after the Anderlecht game I allowed myself false hope

Think Hoopz is right, Europa is more doable.....

Up da third place!

#18 cas79

cas79

International

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:11 PM

I agree think that's the level we are at, sad that football has become monopolized

#19 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,466 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:18 PM

I agree think that's the level we are at, sad that football has become monopolized

But would you take a billionaire sugar daddy at Celtic? Cam complains about billionaire sugar daddies in football which i agree but then says he would like one at Rangers which confused me

Northern%20Ireland.gif

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#20 cas79

cas79

International

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:23 PM

We have 2 billionaires at our club already, (real billionaires) but no I would want 100s of millions thrown at the club for short term success, what happens if the sugar daddy dies, pulls out, whatever, you then become unsustainable and no doubt go bust

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users