• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 19,466 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:32 PM

We have 2 billionaires at our club already, (real billionaires) but no I would want 100s of millions thrown at the club for short term success, what happens if the sugar daddy dies, pulls out, whatever, you then become unsustainable and no doubt go bust
Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Before Jack Walker died he ensured that very thing never happened to Blackburn

I meant money no object billionaires

Northern%20Ireland.gif

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#22 cas79

cas79

International

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:40 PM

Before Jack Walker died he ensured that very thing never happened to Blackburn

I meant money no object billionaires

No I wouldn't for the same reasons I mentioned its unsustainable long term, unless you have an owner like jack walker, I actually think Celtic will have a similar system in place when that day comes, but were a sustainable with or without, I believe money has ruined the game and will continue to do so

#23 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,435 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 09:10 PM

Norn I said it would be nice, doesn't mean I would actually like one. I prefer our league over that dross ( sure quality players) down south that has been eaten away by money...................that is the reason I would not want that in our league.

Before I said sure it would be nice but unlike yourself I can see the damage it does and how wrong it is for football as a whole ( I also said that when you asked the question ) . Would be nice to have a little bit more money but not the over inflated shite you see down south. Our  league may be pish but at least it is our own and holds its identity.........................just for clarity as you missed it the last time. Would it be nice to be dining at the top table and have 100s of millions spent on the team ? Yeah sure it would, who wouldn't like that at their club but would I really want it ?

Hell no for obvious reasons,  I look at some clubs and they seem to be losing their identity, wont be long before teams in the EPL end up like the franchise you see in America with teams moving from City to City, some even changing their name. Already the wheels are in motion with these silly tourneys in China and USA etc...................why I'm careful what I wish for.

Football has changed due to TV and luckily for your club they are among those eating at the table, it has just grown arms and legs and is now a little silly IMO. Starting to see more and more people become a little disgruntled at how the whole things is going...........same teams getting all the money and easy routes to the next rounds, wont be long until the CL is for the top 4 in England, few Spanish, German, Italian and a couple of French with the token diddy team from where ever being allowed entry now and again.

#24 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,466 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 09:33 PM

Norn I said it would be nice, doesn't mean I would actually like one. I prefer our league over that dross ( sure quality players) down south that has been eaten away by money...................that is the reason I would not want that in our league.

Before I said sure it would be nice but unlike yourself I can see the damage it does and how wrong it is for football as a whole ( I also said that when you asked the question ) . Would be nice to have a little bit more money but not the over inflated shite you see down south. Our  league may be pish but at least it is our own and holds its identity.........................just for clarity as you missed it the last time. Would it be nice to be dining at the top table and have 100s of millions spent on the team ? Yeah sure it would, who wouldn't like that at their club but would I really want it ?
Hell no for obvious reasons,  I look at some clubs and they seem to be losing their identity, wont be long before teams in the EPL end up like the franchise you see in America with teams moving from City to City, some even changing their name. Already the wheels are in motion with these silly tourneys in China and USA etc...................why I'm careful what I wish for.

Football has changed due to TV and luckily for your club they are among those eating at the table, it has just grown arms and legs and is now a little silly IMO. Starting to see more and more people become a little disgruntled at how the whole things is going...........same teams getting all the money and easy routes to the next rounds, wont be long until the CL is for the top 4 in England, few Spanish, German, Italian and a couple of French with the token diddy team from where ever being allowed entry now and again.

For the record,i agreed with Cas zbout billionaire sugar daddies

Secondly,you said you would love it if Rangers had one

Thirdly Utd are the biggest commercial brand in the world,no sugar daddy,biggest average support in UK for the last 47 yrs bar 2 of those

Northern%20Ireland.gif

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#25 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,435 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 10:23 PM

Utd are indeed a different beast from the rest in that league I do agree.

#26 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:16 AM

But would you take a billionaire sugar daddy at Celtic? Cam complains about billionaire sugar daddies in football which i agree but then says he would like one at Rangers which confused me

Celtic are / were bankrolled by 2 billionaires

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#27 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:33 AM

Utd are indeed a different beast from the rest in that league I do agree.

No they are not. They are a huge brand due to the exposure they receive due to TV / Media coverage.

You have had a pop at the tourists and plastic fans the world over. These kiddy on fans are what keep the United , Barca , Real Madrid brands ahead of all others.

Anyway hope all the Brand winning trophies keep the United fans happy. The REAL football fans in Manchester would prefer football trophies

MIND THE GAP!!

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#28 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 33,289 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:08 AM

No they are not. They are a huge brand due to the exposure they receive due to TV / Media coverage.

You have had a pop at the tourists and plastic fans the world over. These kiddy on fans are what keep the United , Barca , Real Madrid brands ahead of all others.

Anyway hope all the Brand winning trophies keep the United fans happy. The REAL football fans in Manchester would prefer football trophies

MIND THE GAP!!

What Gap, trophy gap?

:D

#29 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,466 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:36 AM

MIND THE GAP!!

:lol:

Northern%20Ireland.gif

#30 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,466 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:41 AM

What Gap, trophy gap?
:D

Mentions winning trophies yet he ridicules Utd's 2 pots last year to City's blank

Mentions plastic fans when City have turned into a plastic club,charging fans £200 a match to sit beside a glass tunnel so they can see the players walk past :lol:

Northern%20Ireland.gif

#31 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 05:09 PM

Need to shout louder. Can't hear you away up here

#32 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,466 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:12 PM

City actually knocked down a wall that had their fan's personalised bricks to accommodate this,went down like a lead balloon,plastic fc

https://www.theguard...ity-tunnel-club

Northern%20Ireland.gif

#33 Jiffy

Jiffy

Veteran

• 1,059 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:51 PM

City actually knocked down a wall that had their fan's personalised bricks to accommodate this,went down like a lead balloon,plastic fc

https://www.theguard...ity-tunnel-club

why were they allowed to sell bricks to fans and then knock down a wall when they don't own the stadium.

#squattersrights.

#34 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,466 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:01 PM

why were they allowed to sell bricks to fans and then knock down a wall when they don't own the stadium.
#squattersrights.

Their sugar daddies bought it

Northern%20Ireland.gif

#35 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,466 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:29 PM

Need to shout louder. Can't hear you away up here

You can't hear from 2 points away :lol:

Northern%20Ireland.gif

#36 Jiffy

Jiffy

Veteran

• 1,059 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 02:35 AM

Their sugar daddies bought it

Nope, it is owned by Manchester city council. Man city rent it.

#37 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,433 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:27 AM

Yep, Man City lease the stadium even though the club contributed £20 million to the cost of converting it to a football stadium.

Shit Creek

#38 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,744 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 07:29 AM

http://celticbynumbe...eality-bavaria/

Good detailed summary and defending has to be better
Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#39 cas79

cas79

International

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 10:30 AM

I see the Munich police and club have praised Celtics fans for their conduct and behavior, a Bayern Munich statement stated your welcome back anytime

#40 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,466 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 10:40 AM

Yep, Man City lease the stadium even though the club contributed £20 million to the cost of converting it to a football stadium.

I knew they rented it for a paltry sum but thought the owners snapped it up after the regeneration around the stadium,crazy to put an extension on something you don't own

Northern%20Ireland.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users