• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

#181 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 04:02 PM

Ok we all agree that Pena and Herrera have been disappointing, to say the least, but there have been successes. 

Morelos was bought as a promising youngster and , imo, a snip at £1 million.

Alves, John and Cardosso have improved the defence and excellent value for money.

Jack and Dorrans cost very little and have done well.

Candieas has improved the right hand side of the team and was only £700,000.

Not every signing is going to work out and it is unfortunate that the most expensive signings have let the manager down. Watching Pena all i can think is how the fuck was he ever capped by Mexico?? I remember when we were linked with them bringing up Efrain Juarez who was also a Mexican International and an out and out failure in our game.

How many of the above are 'Pedro signings' i don't know. 

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#182 Jiffy

Jiffy

Veteran

• 1,059 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 04:04 PM

http://www.eveningti...p_exit/?ref=rss

Another reason he has to go. His press dealings are embarrassing. He shouldn't be saying this shit to the papers.

#183 Jiffy

Jiffy

Veteran

• 1,059 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 04:10 PM

Ok we all agree that Pena and Herrera have been disappointing, to say the least, but there have been successes.

Alves, John and Cardosso have improved the defence and excellent value for money.

Not every signing is going to work out and it is unfortunate that the most expensive signings have let the manager down. Watching Pena all i can think is how the fuck was he ever capped by Mexico?? I remember when we were linked with them bringing up Efrain Juarez who was also a Mexican International and an out and out failure in our game.

Not convinced with Cardoso to be honest. I think young McCrorie was incredibly unlucky to get dropped after his showings in the games he played. He looked the better of the two. Candeias, the best i can say about him is he is inconsistent. Jack and Dorrans are decent but look a bit lightweight in our midfield but then again when they have Pena playing in there as well they are playing with a man short.

#184 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 04:22 PM

Morelos...willing, strong and has an eye for goal....

Alves....decent defender but his distribution is shite. Cardoso.....too weak imo & loses players at set pieces (he is not alone in this). John....I'd play him before Wallace.

Candeias.....hot and cold in what I have seen....far too inconsistent.

In the mould of big Hately Moult could do a shift for us & was available in the summer. Morelos up front alone is not an option imo.

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#185 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 05:00 PM

Another reason he has to go. His press dealings are embarrassing. He shouldn't be saying this shit to the papers.

Have to agree on this. Have not even clicked the link but his attempts at being smart with the press are cringeworthy. Personally i would tell those bastards nothing and just use the official website for interviews

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#186 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 05:05 PM

Not convinced with Cardoso to be honest. I think young McCrorie was incredibly unlucky to get dropped after his showings in the games he played. He looked the better of the two. Candeias, the best i can say about him is he is inconsistent. Jack and Dorrans are decent but look a bit lightweight in our midfield but then again when they have Pena playing in there as well they are playing with a man short.

Young McCrorie will be a first team regular for years to come but a big raw lad at the moment. I thought he was excellent against Celtic but did lose Griffiths for their second and gave looked shaky against Accies. I was a bit pissed that night but did he not dive in and give away a penalty.

Just remembered a young rising star. What has happened to Beerman? He plays further forward for the Under 20s and could do a turn wide left

Pena offers nothing and is why i would rather Herrera was given a chance upfront , looked good against Thistle when he came on, and play Morelos in the No.10 role. He is nothing if not a grafter. 

#187 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 05:09 PM

Morelos...willing, strong and has an eye for goal....

Alves....decent defender but his distribution is shite. Cardoso.....too weak imo & loses players at set pieces (he is not alone in this). John....I'd play him before Wallace.

Candeias.....hot and cold in what I have seen....far too inconsistent.

In the mould of big Hately Moult could do a shift for us & was available in the summer. Morelos up front alone is not an option imo.

What happens when Wallace is fit? Do we play DJ in place of Windass? Possibly an option. I think i have made my feelings clear on Windass. It is getting to the stage i actually feel sorry for him as he it is just not happening for him.

Away out to work now and the phone in should be interesting 

#188 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 05:18 PM

What happens when Wallace is fit? Do we play DJ in place of Windass? Possibly an option. I think i have made my feelings clear on Windass. It is getting to the stage i actually feel sorry for him as he it is just not happening for him.

Away out to work now and the phone in should be interesting 

Still play John in place of Wallace. I like Windass.....his drive and enthusiasm will do for me.

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#189 sployal

sployal

Hall Of Fame

• 1,696 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 05:20 PM

Just read the article, downright disgrace speaking out like that to the press against his players, journalists are just soaking up this drivel.

Get tore into them in the dressing room, call them into the office look them in the eye and tell them what he thinks but to speak like that to the press is stupidity.

Next 2 games are massive for him, if he doesn't get 6 points (and i hope to fuck he does) then he's off either sacked or throws in the towel.

#190 Jiffy

Jiffy

Veteran

• 1,059 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 06:49 PM

Young McCrorie will be a first team regular for years to come but a big raw lad at the moment. I thought he was excellent against Celtic but did lose Griffiths for their second and gave looked shaky against Accies. I was a bit pissed that night but did he not dive in and give away a penalty.

Just remembered a young rising star. What has happened to Beerman? He plays further forward for the Under 20s and could do a turn wide left

Pena offers nothing and is why i would rather Herrera was given a chance upfront , looked good against Thistle when he came on, and play Morelos in the No.10 role. He is nothing if not a grafter.

Was asking about Beerman a couple of weeks back. I know he scored a cracker for Malta under 21s last month but apart from that, no idea. Not even heard if he is training with the first team.

#191 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 07:05 PM

Was asking about Beerman a couple of weeks back. I know he scored a cracker for Malta under 21s last month but apart from that, no idea. Not even heard if he is training with the first team.

Saw that goal. Great finish and surely has to be worth a shot in the team. Barjonas is another that has never let anyone down. Play Barjonas with Jack and Dorrans upfront in the No.10 role.

There are options there if he just used the squad!!

#192 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 07:06 PM

I like Windass.....his drive and enthusiasm will do for me.

1 league goal in his entire Rangers career. Not good enough i'm afraid.

#193 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:11 PM

The Pedro Presser still has not been released by the club. Is something happening right now that we don't know about yet?

#194 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,744 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:32 PM

The Pedro Presser still has not been released by the club. Is something happening right now that we don't know about yet?

he is busy with bulls

Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#195 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,435 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:56 PM

Pedro has presided over some of the worst results in our clubs history Trav and it is simply not good enough. Do I expect to win every game ? No

Did I expect to win yesterdays game ? I thought we might and that it would be a tough match but the performance simply wasn't good enough. Motherwell were first to every second ball and once again Pedro's words have come back to bite him although he was trying to give the players a little bit of belief all he succeeded in doing was lift the opposition.

He may be able to speak English quite well but his grasp on the language is poor, this must have an effect when he is speaking to the players. I have seen many interviews where its clear he has totally misunderstood and misinterpreted the most simple questions.

His record is exceptionally poor and given the finances and budget available , hell even the players at his disposal we should be sitting comfortably second. No doubt we will win this game on Wednesday quite comfortable but like the last time, its a match where not a lot is at stake.........you disagreed with that but I think this is the same scenario. The big games, the really important ones he has failed to deliver and I would expect way more given the resources available.

The players he has brought in may be a better standard, only time will tell but given what has gone before us it certainly does not look like it.....well at least not every position. Midfield seems to be where he has improved the team, right at the centre. Out wide I'm not convinced at all. Candeias has been ok here and there but he clearly lacks footballing quality, on the other side we are way weaker and really no point playing someone on the left because we have no one to cover it adequately.

Overall his time has been poor, I don't see why he should still be in the job because I don't see a future with him at the club.

#196 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,433 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 09:26 PM

I think that we Rangers' supporters, and the board, need to accept that the days when defeat was unexpected are long gone.

There is a lot of rebuilding still to be done and imho it should not be done by splashing money on foreign imports or even established local players.

Let's bring some new young players into the squad.

Shit Creek

#197 cas79

cas79

International

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 10:21 PM

he is busy with bulls

You forgot the hite at the end of bulls

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

#198 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:36 PM

I think that we Rangers' supporters, and the board, need to accept that the days when defeat was unexpected are long gone.

There is a lot of rebuilding still to be done and imho it should not be done by splashing money on foreign imports or even established local players.

Let's bring some new young players into the squad.

That is great in theory Hairy but the problem is the whole youth system / Scouting system was neglected during the last few years.

I remember McCoist when Rangers manager saying that 'Wee Stevie  the IT guy is head of scouting' Of all the shit he put us through that one statement still angers me more than anything  to this day.

I used to go and watch the Under 20s when my sons pal was playing for them and my mates cousin was playing. They were Scott Roberts and Danny Stoney. If you look at that team none of them made it to the first team on a regular basis. Ryan Hardie is the only one still there i think and possibly Liam Kelly but neither will make it at Rangers

There are a few youngsters coming through that might make it. The McCrorie Brothers..Aiden Wilson..Barjonas...Beerman after that you are struggling. 

It is a huge step up from Under 20s to the first team. I always liked the right back Ryan Sinamon(sp) but hes nowhere(just checked he is at Annan along with Scott Roberts). Luca Gasporato is at Morton i believe as is Andy Murdoch. They were the pick of the bunch. 

You cant just say 'Lets play the youngsters' if you don't have the players there. 

The whole set up is being revamped from top to bottom. We need to be signing the best young players we can and bringing them through. Players like Nemane who are not going to make it at City. Given them the chance here. OK it wont always work but surely this is why we brought in Mark Allen

#199 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,435 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 10:26 PM

That is great in theory Hairy but the problem is the whole youth system / Scouting system was neglected during the last few years.

I remember McCoist when Rangers manager saying that 'Wee Stevie  the IT guy is head of scouting' Of all the shit he put us through that one statement still angers me more than anything  to this day.

I used to go and watch the Under 20s when my sons pal was playing for them and my mates cousin was playing. They were Scott Roberts and Danny Stoney. If you look at that team none of them made it to the first team on a regular basis. Ryan Hardie is the only one still there i think and possibly Liam Kelly but neither will make it at Rangers

There are a few youngsters coming through that might make it. The McCrorie Brothers..Aiden Wilson..Barjonas...Beerman after that you are struggling. 

It is a huge step up from Under 20s to the first team. I always liked the right back Ryan Sinamon(sp) but hes nowhere(just checked he is at Annan along with Scott Roberts). Luca Gasporato is at Morton i believe as is Andy Murdoch. They were the pick of the bunch. 

You cant just say 'Lets play the youngsters' if you don't have the players there. 

The whole set up is being revamped from top to bottom. We need to be signing the best young players we can and bringing them through. Players like Nemane who are not going to make it at City. Given them the chance here. OK it wont always work but surely this is why we brought in Mark Allen

I would rather play our OWN useless youngsters than some over paid English clubs players. I knew straight away it was a waste of money getting this wee player.....they get Roberts and we get a pile of shite.

#200 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 05:43 AM

I would rather play our OWN useless youngsters than some over paid English clubs players. I knew straight away it was a waste of money getting this wee player.....they get Roberts and we get a pile of shite.

We haven't seen him play yet Cam.

He's out of contract in the summer so we get him for free.

I just used Nemane as an example. We need to expand our scouting network and get these guys in. Lewis Morgan is a free in the summer as well.

Celtic have almost paid in loan fees what City paid for Roberts. Celtic have effectively bought him for City, paid his wages yet City will be the ones to cash in when they sell him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users