Rangers v Partick Thistle....04/11/2017

38 replies to this topic

#1 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 70,577 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 03:05 PM

Hopefully retain the momentum from last week and cement a good win plus display.

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#2 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,577 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 03:32 PM

1-0 McCrorie.....

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#3 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,577 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 03:41 PM

2-0....Candeias.

#4 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,577 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 04:07 PM

3-0....Windass with the 3rd.

#5 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,770 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 04:16 PM

Windaas scoring again? Hopefully he kicks on from this as Rangers have been so lopsided with everything coming down the right.

Could be an excellent weekend for Rangers

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#6 Jiffy

Jiffy

Veteran

• Members
  • 912 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:22 PM

A very good performance from the team today and possibly, in my opinion, Candieas's best in a Rangers jersey. He was terrific as were our two central defenders. Wilson seems to be getting back to the form he showed when Hearts ran riot in the Championship. It will be very harsh if he loses his place to Alves in our next game.

Alongside him young McCrorie continues to impress. He does tend to get pulled out though but i put that down to enthusiasm. He needs to be a wee bit more patient and leave the shutting down in midfield to our midfielders.

Up front Morelos put in a helluva shift and causes all sorts of bother to opposition defences. His hold up play is excellent. He didn't get any clear cut chances to score today but I'm sure his goals will come back. He certainly is a team player though. Miller also puts a shift in but he is back to running all over the park which is not great in an attacking sense. His touch let him down on a few occasions but that's nothing unusual for him. Windass did ok but needs to get involved in more of the game. He drifts in and out of games. Took his goal well though and that can only be good for a confidence based player like him.

My man of the match would be Holt, he was absolutely immense. Since his return to the side he has certainly staked his claim. He is 100 mph 100% of the time. He gives our mifldfield the mobility and the dig that was sadly lacking in the Pedro era.

This result is what happens when you keep things simple and they way we played today and the result we got from a so so display last week gives me heart for the up and coming games against Aberdeen.

Good display and result against a team we have struggled against in the last two seasons. Take a bow Mr Murty.

#7 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,741 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:23 PM

Now should murty get a short termer?
Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#8 Jiffy

Jiffy

Veteran

• Members
  • 912 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:25 PM

Now should murty get a short termer?

He already is a short termer mate

#9 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,741 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:27 PM

He already is a short termer mate

I mean guarnteed til xmas , deserves a shot imo

Seen odds on moyes have shortened vastly

#10 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,577 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 06:44 PM

A very good performance from the team today and possibly, in my opinion, Candieas's best in a Rangers jersey. He was terrific as were our two central defenders. Wilson seems to be getting back to the form he showed when Hearts ran riot in the Championship. It will be very harsh if he loses his place to Alves in our next game.

Alongside him young McCrorie continues to impress. He does tend to get pulled out though but i put that down to enthusiasm. He needs to be a wee bit more patient and leave the shutting down in midfield to our midfielders.

Up front Morelos put in a helluva shift and causes all sorts of bother to opposition defences. His hold up play is excellent. He didn't get any clear cut chances to score today but I'm sure his goals will come back. He certainly is a team player though. Miller also puts a shift in but he is back to running all over the park which is not great in an attacking sense. His touch let him down on a few occasions but that's nothing unusual for him. Windass did ok but needs to get involved in more of the game. He drifts in and out of games. Took his goal well though and that can only be good for a confidence based player like him.

My man of the match would be Holt, he was absolutely immense. Since his return to the side he has certainly staked his claim. He is 100 mph 100% of the time. He gives our mifldfield the mobility and the dig that was sadly lacking in the Pedro era.

This result is what happens when you keep things simple and they way we played today and the result we got from a so so display last week gives me heart for the up and coming games against Aberdeen.

Good display and result against a team we have struggled against in the last two seasons. Take a bow Mr Murty.

Pleased to hear that about Holt and Windass....honestly, I think there is an attacking (central midfielder) player there.

#11 Jiffy

Jiffy

Veteran

• Members
  • 912 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:06 PM

Pleased to hear that about Holt and Windass....honestly, I think there is an attacking (central midfielder) player there.

I like Windass as well mate. He is direct and doesn't mind taking players on. His final ball isn t great though and he does tend to fade in the latter stages of matches. His confidence is growing though and i think we should stick with him.

#12 Jiffy

Jiffy

Veteran

• Members
  • 912 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 07:08 PM

I mean guarnteed til xmas , deserves a shot imo

Seen odds on moyes have shortened vastly

To tell you the truth i am thinking that Murty maybe our boards preferred option given the fact that there has been no contact with yer man at Aberdeen. There is no disguising the fact that money or the lack of it will play a big part in their decisions.

Edited by Jiffy, 04 November 2017 - 07:09 PM.

#13 cas79

cas79

International

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 08:24 PM

He will be, the club isn't in a position to hire a good coach, I also think murtys done a decent job seems to set up with the players abilities in his mind rather than a style of play he believes in, IMO that's the qualities of a good manager

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

#14 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,741 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 03:42 PM

https://mobile.twitt...879518807285767

#15 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,770 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 05:40 PM

https://mobile.twitt...879518807285767

What is happening in the clip.

I read some of the comments about fans being stewards. The head steward for the Broomloan Road Stand is/was a local Celtic fan.

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#16 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,577 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 05:45 PM

What is happening in the clip.

I read some of the comments about fans being stewards. The head steward for the Broomloan Road Stand is/was a local Celtic fan.

confused.com

#huvnyacluewhitsgoinon

#17 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,741 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 05:47 PM

Acc to the chaps twitter papped for waving a scotland flag and catalan flag

#18 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,577 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 05:56 PM

Acc to the chaps twitter papped for waving a scotland flag and catalan flag

Papped ? Never heard that before Hoopz.

Need more evidence anyway. Just cos he said it and aw that.....

#19 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,741 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 05:57 PM

Papped ? Never heard that before Hoopz.

Need more evidence anyway. Just cos he said it and aw that.....

Papped oot acc to him , read his twitter

Edited by Hoopz, 05 November 2017 - 05:58 PM.

#20 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,577 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 06:00 PM

Papped oot acc to him , read his twitter

ah right......find that strange.

Can't read owt as I'm not on twitter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users