Barry McKay

32 replies to this topic

#1 Jiffy

Jiffy

Veteran

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 05:27 PM

Rangers continue to astound me. Our board were meant to be different from the shysters that went before. Meant to be running the club in a professional manner.

Yet they let our most talented young player leave for buttons.

Lewis McLeod anyone?

It's been all over the papers this week that Rangers lost a fortune when Barry went to Forest for half a mill. Even the most ardent Barry haters can't argue with that.

There are some in here i know didn't like the lad. Thought him overrated. Barry, playing with a bad side in the championship has scored 4 in 15 and currently sits at the top of the assists table in that league.

Lets hope our new director of football will be a wee bit more savvy in the future. We as a club can't afford to be giving away out best assets.

#2 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 5,699 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 04:53 PM

You do understand the Bosman ruling?

The player himself did not want to stay and to be perfectly honest if he was my son I wouldn't want him wasting his career in the Scottish league.

Good luck to him. He wanted to leave I just wish he had picked a different club and manager

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#3 Jiffy

Jiffy

Veteran

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:10 PM

You do understand the Bosman ruling?

The player himself did not want to stay and to be perfectly honest if he was my son I wouldn't want him wasting his career in the Scottish league.

Good luck to him. He wanted to leave I just wish he had picked a different club and manager

Actually according to the players agent he did want to stay. Told the club on several occasions that was the case.

#4 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,699 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 09:03 PM

Actually according to the players agent he did want to stay. Told the club on several occasions that was the case.

Well if that was the case he should have signed the contract that was offered to him or did the agent forget about that lol 😂

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#5 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,263 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:24 AM

Was it not the case that he and the club could not agree terms?

Shit Creek

#6 Jiffy

Jiffy

Veteran

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:17 AM

Well if that was the case he should have signed the contract that was offered to him or did the agent forget about that lol 😂

What was he offered in his contract extension?

Edited by Jiffy, 13 November 2017 - 05:17 AM.

#7 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,699 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:42 AM

What was he offered in his contract extension?

At a guess not as much as Notts Forest offered

The Forest manager would know what he had been offered

#8 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,699 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:47 AM

Was it not the case that he and the club could not agree terms?

There was no report of meaningful talks.

Contract was offered and he wouldn't sign it. I don't blame any player wanting to play in England.

It has to be remembered that he chucked it last season.

Rangers had a choice. Take what they could at the time or lose him for nothing

Rangers have benefited from the Bosman ruling by bringing in Ryan Jack and possibly 1 or 2 others next summer

#9 Jiffy

Jiffy

Veteran

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:56 AM

There was no report of meaningful talks.

Contract was offered and he wouldn't sign it. I don't blame any player wanting to play in England.

It has to be remembered that he chucked it last season.

Rangers had a choice. Take what they could at the time or lose him for nothing

Rangers have benefited from the Bosman ruling by bringing in Ryan Jack and possibly 1 or 2 others next summer

The point of the matter isn't that he left. All players leave. The point of the matter is he left for a fraction of what he was worth.

Not good business by anybodies standards.

He didn't chuck it. Pedro left him out the team. He obviously didn't fancy him. He also paid millions for Mexican duds so any benifits we may have incurred through Jack signing for a free were offset by that.

Edited by Jiffy, 13 November 2017 - 08:59 AM.

#10 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,699 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:39 AM

The point of the matter isn't that he left. All players leave. The point of the matter is he left for a fraction of what he was worth.

Not good business by anybodies standards.

He didn't chuck it. Pedro left him out the team. He obviously didn't fancy him. He also paid millions for Mexican duds so any benifits we may have incurred through Jack signing for a free were offset by that.

Again. You do understand the Bosman Ruling? 

A players worth is what somebody is willing to pay for him. Nobody offered any more for him.

A players value  near the end of his contract obviously falls dramatically.

The Rangers board started contract talks over a year before the end of his contract. 

McKay did chuck it and he had chucked it before when out on loan at lower league clubs. 

You have made it clear you don't rate the board , which is absolutely fine, but maybe instead of just criticising them you could suggest an alternative. 

Hiring Pedro. Mistake.

Giving Pedro so much money to buy Mexican players. Huge Mistake

Selling a player who had refused all contract offers made to him and nearing the end of his contract is not bad business and is certainly not a mistake. This summer we will bring in (hopefully)  Kenny McLean, Jamie Walker and Louis Moult all on Bosmans 

#11 Jiffy

Jiffy

Veteran

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:19 PM

Again. You do understand the Bosman Ruling?

A players worth is what somebody is willing to pay for him. Nobody offered any more for him.

A players value near the end of his contract obviously falls dramatically.

The Rangers board started contract talks over a year before the end of his contract.

McKay did chuck it and he had chucked it before when out on loan at lower league clubs.

You have made it clear you don't rate the board , which is absolutely fine, but maybe instead of just criticising them you could suggest an alternative.

Hiring Pedro. Mistake.

Giving Pedro so much money to buy Mexican players. Huge Mistake

Selling a player who had refused all contract offers made to him and nearing the end of his contract is not bad business and is certainly not a mistake. This summer we will bring in (hopefully) Kenny McLean, Jamie Walker and Louis Moult all on Bosmans

I have suggested an alternative. Stop letting our young talent walk out the door for buttons.

McKay didn't chuck it Pedro didn't fancy him so dropped him. Since then it has been shown how much Pedro knew about football and/or players. Pedro also made it clear to McKay he was surplus to requirements so why would he sign a new contract and work undèr a manager who doesn't rate him.

I get it you don't like criticising our club or our board but honestly how can you argue that we shouldn't bother trying to maximise our income from out going players? How is jumping at a 500 000 offer for McKay any different than what the old board did with McLeod?

At the end of the day all i am asking for is the club to be run in a professional manner. Hopefully our new DOF will see that done.

#12 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,699 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:41 PM

I have suggested an alternative. Stop letting our young talent walk out the door for buttons.

McKay didn't chuck it Pedro didn't fancy him so dropped him. Since then it has been shown how much Pedro knew about football and/or players. Pedro also made it clear to McKay he was surplus to requirements so why would he sign a new contract and work undèr a manager who doesn't rate him.

I get it you don't like criticising our club or our board but honestly how can you argue that we shouldn't bother trying to maximise our income from out going players? How is jumping at a 500 000 offer for McKay any different than what the old board did with McLeod?

At the end of the day all i am asking for is the club to be run in a professional manner. Hopefully our new DOF will see that done.

Pedro rated McKay and was there when he was offered an improved contract.

Rangers didn't jump at any offer. Rangers reluctantly agreed to the ONLY offer for a player who had made it clear he wasn't signing an extension. Only alternative was to lose him for nothing at the end of contract.

You think I don't criticise Rangers? That's just nonsense. I think I have been the most outspoken against the more traditional elements at the club.

I was outspoken against that utter sham of a manager Warburton!!! That was long before others were criticising him.

I was very critical of the old boards.

Have you never seen my posts regarding that money grabbing bastard McCoist?

#13 Jiffy

Jiffy

Veteran

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:22 PM

Pedro rated McKay and was there when he was offered an improved contract.

Rangers didn't jump at any offer. Rangers reluctantly agreed to the ONLY offer for a player who had made it clear he wasn't signing an extension. Only alternative was to lose him for nothing at the end of contract.

You think I don't criticise Rangers? That's just nonsense. I think I have been the most outspoken against the more traditional elements at the club.

I was outspoken against that utter sham of a manager Warburton!!! That was long before others were criticising him.

I was very critical of the old boards.

Have you never seen my posts regarding that money grabbing bastard McCoist?

Pedro rated MacKay, really? Is that why he started him in only 3 games then he made him train with the youth team? You keep banging on about this great comtract he knocked back but you have no idea what he was offered. Barrie MacKay and his agent have both said he didn't want to leave Rangers and told them on multiple occasions that he was happy to stay. Perhaps the contract you say was improved wasn't as improved as you seem to be suggesting.

Now here is the thing. MacKay was an asset. Probably our only asset. Did we make any money of the other players that left in the summer?. So why was he training with the youth team. Why was Pedro allowed to treat a asset like that when the board knew MacKay was on his way out and they would be looking to get a decent transfer fee for the player. Any leverage they shoulda coulda woulda had was flushed down the pan by way of the managers pertulance. I actually think losing him for nothing after the year he had left on his contract would have been preferable to letting him go for buttons. At least we would have had a decent player for another year and Pedro's jaicket was already on a shaky nail. Not many would have envisaged him lasting the season that's for sure.

I think you would argue black was white when other people criticise Rangers and you have done time and again in here. Pedro is case in point. You seem to ignore all the evidence in front of your face, get your back up and just ridicule anybody that happens to disagree with your opinion.

Just like you have done on this topic.

You were wrong about Pedro and you are wrong now.

As previously stated. There has been a lack of professionalism in the way this board has went about it's business so hopefully the new director of football will sort that out.

#14 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,344 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 06:48 PM

Mckay was forced out of the club by a wank of a manager.
Different man in charge he would still be here.......Pedros time in charge has shown us he is clueless and can not manage players what so ever.

#15 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,699 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:46 AM

Mckay was forced out of the club by a wank of a manager.
Different man in charge he would still be here.......Pedros time in charge has shown us he is clueless and can not manage players what so ever.

You slated McKay for his lack of effort. When Jiffy mentioned posters having a go at him you and Dug were the first 2 I thought of!

McKay wasn't forced out the club FFS!!

The rewriting of history on this site , admittedly only two posters, is utterly laughable

#16 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,699 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:48 AM

From first google search....

Entitled to speak to other clubs from January, McKay and his representatives want the Ibrox club to come back with a higher offer.

Describing McKay as a ‘fantastic player’, new boss Caixinha is keen to retain the winger’s services.

But insisting he still has work to do to earn the deal he wants, Caixinha said: ‘I like all my players. Do you remember my statement when I arrived? Best players, best squad.

‘I can speak about Barrie’s talent – we have no doubt that he is a fantastic player, with his qualities and his skills.

#17 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,464 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:13 AM

You slated McKay for his lack of effort. When Jiffy mentioned posters having a go at him you and Dug were the first 2 I thought of!

McKay wasn't forced out the club FFS!!

The rewriting of history on this site , admittedly only two posters, is utterly laughable

I had a go at McKay ?

Which 2 posters are re-writing history...me & Cam ?

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#18 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,699 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:20 AM

I had a go at McKay ?

Which 2 posters are re-writing history...me & Cam ?

You had a rant about him when he released a statement about his treatment at the club. Surprised you cant remember it as even i thought it was a bit harsh although i agreed with the sentiment.

Cam and Jiffy rewriting history.

Cam defended Garner for a fair bit last season and thought there was a player there. I agreed with this but when i pointed out he had scored a few with Ipswich he went on a rant about him being shite , waste of a jersey etc etc. Now claiming Barrie McKay was forced out the club. Now i think about it more possibly the most ridiculous statement i have read in a while considering Rangers offered the player numerous improved contracts to keep him

Jiffy claiming McKay was playing well. He wasn't. Claiming it is bad business to sell a player that had clearly decided to move is just nonsense. Claiming Rangers teams lack of fitness cost us against Thistle. 

At the end of the day Jiffys point isn't really about McKay but rather the way the board are running the club. This January / next Summer Rangers will bring in players on Bosmans who are a better standard  than McKay and players who actually want to be at Ibrox and play for the club. Walker, Moult, Morgan and Kenny McLean are all available for no transfer fee because their clubs boards let their contracts run down. In Morgans case it is a calculated risk as they are chasing promotion. Get 2 or 3 of that lot and we are doing well

Edited by Travis Bickle, 14 November 2017 - 10:26 AM.

#19 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,464 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:56 AM

You had a rant about him when he released a statement about his treatment at the club. Surprised you cant remember it as even i thought it was a bit harsh although i agreed with the sentiment.

Cam defended Garner for a fair bit last season and thought there was a player there. I agreed with this but when i pointed out he had scored a few with Ipswich he went on a rant about him being shite , waste of a jersey etc etc. Now claiming Barrie McKay was forced out the club. Now i think about it more possibly the most ridiculous statement i have read in a while considering Rangers offered the player numerous improved contracts to keep him

Jiffy claiming McKay was playing well. He wasn't. Claiming it is bad business to sell a player that had clearly decided to move is just nonsense. Claiming Rangers teams lack of fitness cost us against Thistle. 

At the end of the day Jiffys point isn't really about McKay but rather the way the board are running the club. This January / next Summer Rangers will bring in players on Bosmans who are a better standard  than McKay and players who actually want to be at Ibrox and play for the club. Walker, Moult, Morgan and Kenny McLean are all available for no transfer fee because their clubs boards let their contracts run down. In Morgans case it is a calculated risk as they are chasing promotion. Get 2 or 3 of that lot and we are doing well

Something in the back of my mind about posting about that Trav. Can't mind what I said but I may be wrong but I can't recall saying anything derogatory about his form....simply his whinging. I'm going to try and find it. Do you remember what thread it was...#lazydug...... :D

Well done, you did the biz..... what my post refers to is him stating that he was treated.....

Read a wee snippet about Barry McKay and his move to N F. He said after Pedro came he he felt he wasn't being treated the way any human being should be treated. What a pampered, whinging wee cunt......tell that to the homeless, to those that have to depend on foodbanks, to those caught up at Grenfell Tower, to those affected by terrorist atrocities Barry and then have a wee think.....is your life THAT bad? He was dropped from the starting eleven ffs and he wasn't being treated like any human should be? My initial reaction when he left Rangers was I hope does well dan sarf....now I couldn't give a fuck.

The highlighted text is why I had a go at him....simply for said comments.....and I still maintain I am correct.

Edited by black dog, 14 November 2017 - 11:02 AM.

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#20 Jiffy

Jiffy

Veteran

• Members
  • 868 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:27 PM

At the end of the day Jiffys point isn't really about McKay but rather the way the board are running the club. This January / next Summer Rangers will bring in players on Bosmans who are a better standard than McKay and players who actually want to be at Ibrox and play for the club. Walker, Moult, Morgan and Kenny McLean are all available for no transfer fee because their clubs boards let their contracts run down. In Morgans case it is a calculated risk as they are chasing promotion. Get 2 or 3 of that lot and we are doing well

Jiffy and Cam re-writing history ! That there is laughable coming from. You are even re-writing this forum's trying to use Black Dog's criticism of MacKay's stupid statement as evidence that he didn't rate the player. Ffs mate really? Even for you that's a bit much.

You are even trying to write the future in the above post. Rangers WILL sign all those players on a free. How the fuck can you say that with any certainty, we are about to appoint a new manager who might not fancy any the players you have mentioned. So it seems you are just making shite up to suit your argument.

As for rewriting history. Where have i did that. My points have been based on fact. Yours are based on the ramblings of our last manager who was a fucking loonytoon. You posted a quote to prove how Pedro rated MacKay but seemed to not have noticed the part of the quote where he again says we have the best players and squad in the country. Ffs, again really?

I said Pedro didn't rate him and his actions would back that up. He started the player only 3 times and then sent him to train with the youth team. If that's not trying to force a player out then i don't know what is so Cam wasn't re-writing history either.

I also haven't said that MacKay was playing well on this thread. Why would i when i know he wasn't playing at all. I have said on other threads that he has played well usually because he had.

Again, and i keep on repeating myself, MacKay is actually beside the point. The real crux of the matter is the current board's mismanagement of the club. They must do better and i think we can all agree on that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users