• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 19,466 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 12:15 PM

Poch needs a good boot to the balls,the manager of a team thats won 2 trophies in 25 yrs

http://www.football3...s-for-mere-cups

Northern%20Ireland.gif

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#2 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 33,285 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:20 PM

England becomes the first country to have 5 clubs reach Champions League knock out....

#3 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 33,285 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:28 PM

Up da Sky

#4 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,433 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:02 AM

Football is not what it used to be m8, money has seen to that.

CL used to be my favourite competition but it really is a shadow of what it was. It doesnt hold the prestige and romance it had......sure teams want to be there but unlike 20 or 30 years ago when it was about the tournament that has all changed to simply the money.

Having money in the game is great but honestly the way its going the pool of teams able to compete is getting smaller and smaller.
Soon it will be an invite only tournament where the filthy rich will be eating.

Really sad to think football has lost its.....well Im not sure what but it really has lost something.

#5 Hunterian

Hunterian

Veteran

• 1,304 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:16 PM

Football is not what it used to be m8, money has seen to that.

CL used to be my favourite competition but it really is a shadow of what it was. It doesnt hold the prestige and romance it had......sure teams want to be there but unlike 20 or 30 years ago when it was about the tournament that has all changed to simply the money.

Having money in the game is great but honestly the way its going the pool of teams able to compete is getting smaller and smaller.
Soon it will be an invite only tournament where the filthy rich will be eating.

Really sad to think football has lost its.....well Im not sure what but it really has lost something.

Cam,  I couldn't agree more.  It (just like the EPL) is  money obsessed and a pale imitation of the way it used to be.

Bring back the European Cup, UEFA Cup and Cup Winners Cup, respectively.  For the Cup Winners Cup, in particular, it was a great chance for my beloved Saints and other less successful teams to get a bite at the cherry.  Happy days.

When the likes of the Lisbon Lions won in '67 it was, in my theory, even more of an achievement as it was a knockout tournament.  

Fast forward to now and Celtic win one game and get into the Europa League, Dortmund too and they didn't win a fucking game.  Farcical.

#6 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 33,285 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:20 PM

Cam,  I couldn't agree more.  It (just like the EPL) is  money obsessed and a pale imitation of the way it used to be.

Bring back the European Cup, UEFA Cup and Cup Winners Cup, respectively.  For the Cup Winners Cup, in particular, it was a great chance for my beloved Saints and other less successful teams to get a bite at the cherry.  Happy days.

When the likes of the Lisbon Lions won in '67 it was, in my theory, even more of an achievement as it was a knockout tournament.  

Fast forward to now and Celtic win one game and get into the Europa League, Dortmund too and they didn't win a fucking game.  Farcical.

Too much money to be made....

#7 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,466 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:33 PM

I started a thread "Football started before 1992" which covered all this

Northern%20Ireland.gif

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users