The Bigger job.......

27 replies to this topic

#21 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 6,017 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:48 PM

There is more pressure on the OF managers because of the supporters' expectations.

The national team has become a joke over the past three or four decades and expectations are lower than even those of the fans of lesser teams.

Strachan was more or less forced out after failing to qualify for the World Cup but the team had some great results in the last 2 years including a home draw with England and wins against Slovenia and Slovakia (i think)

Scotland finished above their seeded placing in the group and were only a goal away from getting a play off place.

I don't know what the support are expecting as the players available are a very poor standard. We have a player from the 3rd tier of English football starting FFS!!

Our club teams are hardly setting the World alight in European competition. 

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#22 Jiffy

Jiffy

Veteran

• 1,058 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 08:34 PM

Strachan was more or less forced out after failing to qualify for the World Cup but the team had some great results in the last 2 years including a home draw with England and wins against Slovenia and Slovakia (i think)

Scotland finished above their seeded placing in the group and were only a goal away from getting a play off place.

I don't know what the support are expecting as the players available are a very poor standard. We have a player from the 3rd tier of English football starting FFS!!

Our club teams are hardly setting the World alight in European competition.

Jeezuz....Strachan should have been sacked after the Euros debacle.

#23 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,017 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 08:50 PM

Jeezuz....Strachan should have been sacked after the Euros debacle.

I rest my case ......

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#24 Jiffy

Jiffy

Veteran

• 1,058 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 08:57 PM

I rest my case ......

Is that where you keep your brain?

#25 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,017 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 09:18 PM

Is that where you keep your brain?

Oh dear.....

#26 Jiffy

Jiffy

Veteran

• 1,058 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 09:38 PM

Oh dear.....

is that a yes then?

#27 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,017 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 12:29 PM

is that a yes then?

No. It was Oh Dear 

#28 cas79

cas79

International

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 01:22 PM

Club jobs are bigger than international jobs across the board depending on the league, barca/Madrid are bigger than spain, same as some clubs in Italy Germany France, england there is 4 or 5 bigger clubs than the national team

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users