48 replies to this topic

#21 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,435 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:26 PM

Aye ok

Its a fact Tone.

Lets take Ross county. Highest paid player what £1000 if they are lucky, doubt its that, more likely £500 per week.

Celtic pay the highest wage of what £40000.
Thats 40 times more.

Now lets take Aberdeen, highest paid player is likely £2000 or so
Thats 20 times more although Im not 100% on the wage on offer its certainly much more.

Now lets look at PSG.
Highest paid is Neymar on silly money, repirted at 400 odd thousand a week. Lets say £450000 per week
That is 11.5 times more than Celtics.

The difference is quite clear Tone

#22 tonethebhoy

tonethebhoy

Hall Of Fame

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:36 PM

Its a fact Tone.

Lets take Ross county. Highest paid player what £1000 if they are lucky, doubt its that, more likely £500 per week.

Thats 40 times more.

Thats 20 times more although Im not 100% on the wage on offer its certainly much more.

Now lets look at PSG.
Highest paid is Neymar on silly money, repirted at 400 odd thousand a week. Lets say £450000 per week

Quick google so might be wrong but Neymar is on 707K Euros a week so 630k pounds

Edited by tonethebhoy, 22 November 2017 - 11:37 PM.

#23 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,466 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:36 PM

Its a fact Tone.
Thats 40 times more.
Now lets look at PSG.

That's a poor way of looking at it,every Celtic player isn't on 40 k a week and i very much doubt a Celtic player is on near that

Nial McGinn was on 3-3.5k a week at Aberdeen

Northern%20Ireland.gif

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#24 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,435 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:37 PM

Quick google so might be wrong but Neymar is on 707K a week

Wow 700000, really. That is INSANE

#25 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,435 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:39 PM

That's a poor way of looking at it,every Celtic player isn't on 40 k a week and i very much doubt a Celtic player is on near that

Perhaps, I read an article though the last time PSG were here and it was shown percetage wise the gap most teams have is greater than what Celtic were faced with.

#26 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,466 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:54 PM

Perhaps, I read an article though the last time PSG were here and it was shown percetage wise the gap most teams have is greater than what Celtic were faced with.

What do you reckon the wages are in the Basle team compared to Utd's?

Northern%20Ireland.gif

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#27 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,435 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 12:06 AM

What do you reckon the wages are in the Basle team compared to Utd's?

Oh I cant be sure but think they play in a 30 odd thousand seater stadium. The league and national team are a good standard, particularly the national team. TV money is low compared to the big boys but relativelly healthy.

Highest wage has to be around 20g or more per week.

#28 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 33,289 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 12:11 AM

We did take a hell of a beating but oh well just think of the cash and into the Europa League we go - Progres I think so

Progess out of the Champions league..... :lol:

#29 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,435 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 12:14 AM

Progess out of the Champions league..... :lol:

Think that was a dig at Rangers being knocked out by Progres Niederkorn

#30 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,433 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 12:17 AM

It is really sad to see a Scottish club getting such a tanking.

A sobering reminder of the gulfs that exist in European football.

Shit Creek

#31 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,466 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:13 AM

Oh I cant be sure but think they play in a 30 odd thousand seater stadium. The league and national team are a good standard, particularly the national team. TV money is low compared to the big boys but relativelly healthy.
Highest wage has to be around 20g or more per week.

I would say a vast majority of the Swiss squad play outside the Swiss league

I would say the Swiss league is average

Northern%20Ireland.gif

#32 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,466 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:44 AM

Screenshot_2017-11-23-01-42-42-1.png

Northern%20Ireland.gif

#33 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,433 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:28 AM

I think we'd have to give Brendan the benefit of the doubt and assume that was a tongue in cheek post.                   ;)

Shit Creek

#34 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 08:03 AM

I heard that on the radio as well.

How much did they give Tierney in his new contract? World Class? Fucking laughable

Craig Gordon 😂😂😂😂😂

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#35 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 08:49 AM

On Radio Clyde last time it was said the PSG wage bill is 10xs Celtics

Not sure who Celtic were playing but I think it was Ross County and Celtics wage bill was 30xs theirs

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#36 endersgame

endersgame

Veteran

• 1,444 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:40 AM

We got well and truly thrashed. To be honest, I'm not entirely surprised, without a enormous amount of luck or a new defense I don't see how it could be any different. Maybe if Lustig stayed on or Gordon didn't have a nightmare we could of been a little less embarrassed, but it is what it is. But... while everyone else is laughing at our humiliation and our feeble attempts to compete with Europe's elite, remember that it's always better to be playing in the arena rather than standing in the sideline.

As for wage comparisons... It's pretty meaningless, just as Ross County isn't in the same league as Celtic, Celtic aren't in the same league as PSG. Money, resources, power, exposure, competition etc isn't just a neatly distributed graph where one player is exactly 10 times better than another therefore is paid 10 times more. Celtic didn't get thrashed by PSG just because they are rich. PSG beat us because they have a long term strategy and talent on the pitch and behind the scenes as well as the money.

#37 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,433 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:02 AM

We got well and truly thrashed. To be honest, I'm not entirely surprised, without a enormous amount of luck or a new defense I don't see how it could be any different. Maybe if Lustig stayed on or Gordon didn't have a nightmare we could of been a little less embarrassed, but it is what it is. But... while everyone else is laughing at our humiliation and our feeble attempts to compete with Europe's elite, remember that it's always better to be playing in the arena rather than standing in the sideline.

As for wage comparisons... It's pretty meaningless, just as Ross County isn't in the same league as Celtic, Celtic aren't in the same league as PSG. Money, resources, power, exposure, competition etc isn't just a neatly distributed graph where one player is exactly 10 times better than another therefore is paid 10 times more. Celtic didn't get thrashed by PSG just because they are rich. PSG beat us because they have a long term strategy and talent on the pitch and behind the scenes as well as the money.

Not everyone is laughing. The state of Scottish football (and rugby too) is no laughing matter.

To paraphrase The Boss, The glory days are gone.

Shit Creek

#38 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,466 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:36 AM

I think we'd have to give Brendan the benefit of the doubt and assume that was a tongue in cheek post.
;)

It's a parody account

Edited by cmon norn iron, 23 November 2017 - 10:37 AM.

Northern%20Ireland.gif

#39 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:38 AM

Not everyone is laughing. The state of Scottish football (and rugby too) is no laughing matter.

To paraphrase The Boss, The glory days are gone.

Scottish Rugby? The Scottish Rugby is as strong as it has been in literally years. We have a great team at the moment and very nearly beat the World Champions last week

#40 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 19,466 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:07 AM

That's from June before neymar

Screenshot_2017-11-23-11-04-11-1.png

Northern%20Ireland.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users