• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Jiffy

Jiffy

Veteran

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:29 AM

So after being dubbed a mentalist by a certain poster who will remain nameless, i will refer to him only as "the hack", i thought the time was right to give the forum my views of the current Rangers situation. I know, i know you're thinking "but Jiffy you don't usually foist your opinions on us".

This is very true but i have decided to forgo my bashfullness because the truth of the matter must be told. Or at least my truth of the matter. Feel free, if you even bother reading my ramblings, to agree/dosagree, add your own opinions etc etc etc.

Back in 2014 big Dave came to the rescue. He called for boycotts and fan backing, he got it. We were promised investment, 30 million bucks worth was the figure then touted. We were promised Rangers minded people who had the clubs best interests at heart and who would steady the ship and run it in a professional manner. Mist importantly we were promised a board who would be open and transparent and would not keep the fans left in the dark.

So how has all that panned out?

The 30 million investment has not been forthcoming but to be fair not many actually believed it ever would be. Despite what some people may believe (the hack) there was no major investment from the board in the playing staff this summer. The season ticket takings were used for that. The board actually told us that would be the case.

Now that doesn't concern me because i think the club should be living within our means. Fiscal prudence should be our top priority and that brings me to our next subject. The manner in which the club is being run. Any professionalism on show at Ibrox these days?

In my opinion, none. Not one iota of professionalism from the current board. In fact very little on show since they took the helm.

The current manager(less) situation is nothing new from our leaders. When they pulled the plug on Warburton, another fiasco that made us look a basket case, the promised no stone would be left unturned in their search for suitable replecement. They then took several weeks and came up with...Pedro!

I mean wtf!

But that's not all. They also told everyone and their grannie that the way forward was with a director of football. They failed to appoint one. And we are back to Pedro. We said who the fuck is Pedro but were willing to give him a chance. It wasn't until he opened his mouth and started to spout unbelievable shite that the alarms bells really started to ring, for ne anyway. Others seemed to like the cut of his jib. His rhetoric went down a bomb in the pages of Follow Follow and the people who frequent that nut house. You know who you are.

Anyway he was our manager so you back him. Then you see what he does in the dug out and you decide this guy is a complete dud who hasn't got a clue. I said back in June, and was accused of being a tim by a certain poster, that Pedro wouldn't get to Xmas as manager of Rangers. Others ( the hack) thought different and were vociferous in their defence of the manager. In fact certain posters still are claiming he improved the team. This despite over seeing our worst ever, most embarrassing defeat in Europe and countless defeats against teamswho hadn't won at Ibrox in decades. Despite the fact he managed between two stints where our youth coach has shown a far better grasp of football and tactical nonce than Pedro ever did.

Better late than never the board acted. They sacked the man they should never have hired. So what since then, any professionalism to be seen?

Nope, not a bit of it.

In fact we have morphed into a petulant teenager. Each statement the board release cranks up the cringe factor a few more notches and we continue to be the laughing stock of Scottish football.

Another thing i said months ago. This board is not fit for purpose. Again i was ridiculed, branded a tim, why i may have even been called a mentalist. Recent post by "the hack" would suggest he is finally coming round to my way of thinking. They are filled with lists of what they have did wrong in the last 6/7 weeks. The thing is though the last 6/7 weeks are just par for the course for our board. They very well might be Rangers minded people who have the best interests of the club at heart but their actions don't back that up. They are completely inept.

Tbe worst thing of all but is the one promise they had to keep and have failed miserably. They promised the fans, the people who are keeping this club going. Tbe people who are finacing the boards serial failures. The people who fill that stadium and spend their hard earned to keep the club alive despite the complete mismanagement. They promised us transparency. They promised we wouldn't be treated like mushrooms.

They lied.

They do not deserve our support and they certainly can't be trusted to spend any money garnered from another share issue wisely.

Edited by Jiffy, 11 December 2017 - 10:38 AM.

#2 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:05 AM

So after being dubbed a mentalist by a certain poster who will remain nameless, i will refer to him only as "the hack", i thought the time was right to give the forum my views of the current Rangers situation. I know, i know you're thinking "but Jiffy you don't usually foist your opinions on us".

This is very true but i have decided to forgo my bashfullness because the truth of the matter must be told. Or at least my truth of the matter. Feel free, if you even bother reading my ramblings, to agree/dosagree, add your own opinions etc etc etc.

Back in 2014 big Dave came to the rescue. He called for boycotts and fan backing, he got it. We were promised investment, 30 million bucks worth was the figure then touted. We were promised Rangers minded people who had the clubs best interests at heart and who would steady the ship and run it in a professional manner. Mist importantly we were promised a board who would be open and transparent and would not keep the fans left in the dark.

So how has all that panned out?

The 30 million investment has not been forthcoming but to be fair not many actually believed it ever would be. Despite what some people may believe (the hack) there was no major investment from the board in the playing staff this summer. The season ticket takings were used for that. The board actually told us that would be the case.

Now that doesn't concern me because i think the club should be living within our means. Fiscal prudence should be our top priority and that brings me to our next subject. The manner in which the club is being run. Any professionalism on show at Ibrox these days?

In my opinion, none. Not one iota of professionalism from the current board. In fact very little on show since they took the helm.

The current manager(less) situation is nothing new from our leaders. When they pulled the plug on Warburton, another fiasco that made us look a basket case, the promised no stone would be left unturned in their search for suitable replecement. They then took several weeks and came up with...Pedro!

I mean wtf!

But that's not all. They also told everyone and their grannie that the way forward was with a director of football. They failed to appoint one. And we are back to Pedro. We said who the fuck is Pedro but were willing to give him a chance. It wasn't until he opened his mouth and started to spout unbelievable shite that the alarms bells really started to ring, for ne anyway. Others seemed to like the cut of his jib. His rhetoric went down a bomb in the pages of Follow Follow and the people who frequent that nut house. You know who you are.

Anyway he was our manager so you back him. Then you see what he does in the dug out and you decide this guy is a complete dud who hasn't got a clue. I said back in June, and was accused of being a tim by a certain poster, that Pedro wouldn't get to Xmas as manager of Rangers. Others ( the hack) thought different and were vociferous in their defence of the manager. In fact certain posters still are claiming he improved the team. This despite over seeing our worst ever, most embarrassing defeat in Europe and countless defeats against teamswho hadn't won at Ibrox in decades. Despite the fact he managed between two stints where our youth coach has shown a far better grasp of football and tactical nonce than Pedro ever did.

Better late than never the board acted. They sacked the man they should never have hired. So what since then, any professionalism to be seen?

Nope, not a bit of it.

In fact we have morphed into a petulant teenager. Each statement the board release cranks up the cringe factor a few more notches and we continue to be the laughing stock of Scottish football.

Another thing i said months ago. This board is not fit for purpose. Again i was ridiculed, branded a tim, why i may have even been called a mentalist. Recent post by "the hack" would suggest he is finally coming round to my way of thinking. They are filled with lists of what they have did wrong in the last 6/7 weeks. The thing is though the last 6/7 weeks are just par for the course for our board. They very well might be Rangers minded people who have the best interests of the club at heart but their actions don't back that up. They are completely inept.

Tbe worst thing of all but is the one promise they had to keep and have failed miserably. They promised the fans, the people who are keeping this club going. Tbe people who are finacing the boards serial failures. The people who fill that stadium and spend their hard earned to keep the club alive despite the complete mismanagement. They promised us transparency. They promised we wouldn't be treated like mushrooms.

They lied.

They do not deserve our support and they certainly can't be trusted to spend any money garnered from another share issue wisely.

Seeing I am retired and have a small amount of free time on my paws I have read your musings in full Jif cos that's the kinda dude I am. Good post with a lot of pertinent points. The one thing I am not going to do (& I believe you would agree with me on this) is become involved in the differing points of view between your good self and 'The Hack'.

Anyway....'The Hack'. Actually I'm a tad, no...very surprised that you decided to go down the anonymous route cos even the dugs in my street know you're talking about Trav so please...don't be coy! And actually, you haven't been 100% truthful with one of the points you make. This comment from yourself truly defies belief......I know, i know you're thinking "but Jiffy you don't usually foist your opinions on us". However that's just a small point of concern cos I know you're very forthright....so less of that...awright!..... ;)

I don't go into the nitty gritty of the running of the club as deeply as yourself and Trav so I'm not going to start now but the one thing I agree with you is the point you make about transparency or lack of from the board towards the support & I'm talking about the likes of yourself, Trav & Cam....fans who go week in week out.

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#3 Jiffy

Jiffy

Veteran

• 1,059 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:20 AM

Seeing I am retired and have a small amount of free time on my paws I have read your musings in full Jif cos that's the kinda dude I am. Good post with a lot of pertinent points. The one thing I am not going to do (& I believe you would agree with me on this) is become involved in the differing points of view between your good self and 'The Hack'.

Anyway....'The Hack'. Actually I'm a tad, no...very surprised that you decided to go down the anonymous route cos even the dugs in my street know you're talking about Trav so please...don't be coy! And actually, you haven't been 100% truthful with one of the points you make. This comment from yourself truly defies belief......I know, i know you're thinking "but Jiffy you don't usually foist your opinions on us". However that's just a small point of concern cos I know you're very forthright....so less of that...awright!..... ;)

I don't go into the nitty gritty of the running of the club as deeply as yourself and Trav so I'm not going to start now but the one thing I agree with you is the point you make about transparency or lack of from the board towards the support & I'm talking about the likes of yourself, Trav & Cam....fans who go week in week out.

he he The hack bit is just a wee wind up Dug. Wasted though because i believe he has put me on ignore.

But then again he has said things before and they have been...emm...err...inaccurate.

As for the transparency issue. I highlighted this because this is especially disappointing to me. Dave King made a very big deal of this way back when he was wanting the fans on board with him. He and others promised transparency but we are no better informed than when the previous board was in place.

Fact is i no longer trust our board and especially King. In saying that i have never actually trusted King.

Edited by Jiffy, 11 December 2017 - 11:21 AM.

#4 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:47 AM

Stop quoting that mentalist!!! You knew I would fucking read it!!

Actually hate to say it but I agree with much of it but then he does what he always does and takes it too far. There has been investment by the directors of many millions. Problem I have with that is they are going to take it back in the share issue.

Claiming Pedro didn't improve the team . Again just blatant nonsense.

Murty the tactical genius that lost to Dundee and Accies and struggled against Ross County.

Pedro shouldn't have been given job. Panic appointment after being turned down by a couple of higher profile managers

Pedro shouldn't have been sacked with no replacement ready to take over.

Board are not anywhere near above criticism

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#5 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:48 AM

But still stop quoting him Dug

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#6 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:12 PM

But still stop quoting him Dug

get him off ignore ffs.

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#7 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 01:31 PM

get him off ignore ffs.

That's what you really want?

He actually really believes the team hasn't improved from last season. Hill replaced by Alves Kieran replaced by Cardoso, Halliday replaced by Dorrans, Holt replaced by Jack, Wallace replaced by Declan John (debatable but certainly no worse) Garner replaced by Morelos

Add to that Big Wes has improved with better defenders in front of him.

Ok I think we can all agree Barrie McKay was never consistently criticised on here but the one player that did get it was Tav and I was more guilty than most. He is a far better player this season with Candieas playing alongside him.

McKay was / is a far better option than Windass.

Waghorn may be better than Pena. I just don't believe Pena suits our football

Herrera has never really had a look in. Personally I'd give him a run uptop with Morelos playing the Miller role.

Anyway I know you say everybody is entitled to their opinion and I agree to a point but you simply cannot say this team is not only an improvement but a vast improvement on last seasons team.

I have no problem criticising the team , club, board and support but when it's complaining just for complainings sake with no alternative given i get annoyed.

The way the board have behaved regarding hiring and firing managers makes the Rangers job even less appealing.

They should not have sacked Pedro if they had no alternative lined up!! That is just nuts. If Candieas had scored that penalty he wouldn't have been sacked then. That is no way to run a club like Rangers . We have only had 16/17 managers in 140+ years as we don't hire and fire on a whim!!

#8 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,435 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 01:44 PM

Not sure why you insist on trying to annoy a certain poster, I know it takes two to tango but really no need..........especially as you are asking a number of important questions.

First of I will address the question about the board, investment and transparency but before I do I think its relevant to highlight the criminality involved with the previous board. Here we had a group of individuals dangled on a puppet string by Ashley with the sole intention of lining their own pockets.......how much those pockets bulged well no one will ever know but one thing is for sure they were not acting in the interests of this club.

They allowed silly side dealings, numerous contracts and hidden contracts all to hurt the club while sucking money out the club.

This board led by King came in and within a short period of time managed to rid the club of the virus that was infecting every aspect of this club. Naturally there were a WHOLE host of things to be looked at, various contracts and this involved a rather costly litigation process...........in between all this lets not forget that scumbag Ashley tried, and failed, to have Dave King jailed as he had the cheek and audacity to try and enter into negotiations regarding the merchandising and other aspects controlled by Ashley.

That whole process alone cost millions and I shudder to think how much was actually spent trying to rid our club of this vermin but make no mistake it was absolutely imperative for our club.

Only this season King managed to rid the club of the stupid deal with Sports Direct and Ashley, something which if he had not dealt with would be looming over the club for a further SEVEN YEARS.

He spent money on the arrival of Warburton and Weir and while there was no massive transfer fees involved there was still a fair amount of millions spent via wages, also spent close to £2 million on Garner. The club also had to contend with the debacle of Barton and this no doubt cost the club a few million, granted its not the kind of money we as fans want invested but still the £s are totting up.

He then gets in another manager with no doubt an amount of compensation to be paid, lets not forget the £10-11 million spent on transfer fees and the pay off Pedro would no doubt have got after his sacking.

The only real criticism I have of the board is the lack of thought and application regarding a manager but perhaps there were other mitigating circumstances for this................me personally I feel comfortable with this board and there is absolutely no doubt their intentions for this club are honourable and just. It takes time with the amount of wrong doing we as a club have suffered in regards to leeches but we are on some sort of road to recovery and that is ONLY down to this current board and the time and money spent trying to rid the club of these parasites.

#9 Jiffy

Jiffy

Veteran

• 1,059 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 01:46 PM

Again The Hack seems to miss the point. I didn't say Murty is a tactical genius. I said he has more tactical nouce than Pedro which is quite obviously true. I also didn't say Pedro didn't improve the playing staff i said he didn't improve the team. The team when he was in charge were playing no better than last season imo. We had a wee run of games where Morelas was scoring for fun but the majority of the time it was business as usual.

#10 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,435 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 01:46 PM

Also forgot to add.

There is absolutely no doubt this team is a vast improvement of last seasons team, just look at the statistics. We have probably scored more already this season than we had for the whole of last season. Sure Pedro was a big mistake and all that but Trav is right he has 100% improved this team........granted it wasn't hard.

#11 Jiffy

Jiffy

Veteran

• 1,059 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 01:53 PM

And another thing..

How was Holt replaced by Jack. Of the two Holt has been the better more reliable player this season.

Cardoso is a similar level to Kiernan. Both are pretty average. Wilson has been our best CB since he came back into the team even out shining Alves who i adnit is better than Hill.

Candeias flatters to deceive. There are flashes of a good player in there but he he doesn't do it enough and to say he has made Tav a better player just by being on the same pitch is mental. Arguably our best two games this season were also games where Tav played great, against Aberdeen. Candeias didn't start in both.

#12 Jiffy

Jiffy

Veteran

• 1,059 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 02:01 PM

Not sure why you insist on trying to annoy a certain poster, I know it takes two to tango but really no need..........especially as you are asking a number of important questions.

First of I will address the question about the board, investment and transparency but before I do I think its relevant to highlight the criminality involved with the previous board. Here we had a group of individuals dangled on a puppet string by Ashley with the sole intention of lining their own pockets.......how much those pockets bulged well no one will ever know but one thing is for sure they were not acting in the interests of this club.
They allowed silly side dealings, numerous contracts and hidden contracts all to hurt the club while sucking money out the club.

This board led by King came in and within a short period of time managed to rid the club of the virus that was infecting every aspect of this club. Naturally there were a WHOLE host of things to be looked at, various contracts and this involved a rather costly litigation process...........in between all this lets not forget that scumbag Ashley tried, and failed, to have Dave King jailed as he had the cheek and audacity to try and enter into negotiations regarding the merchandising and other aspects controlled by Ashley.
That whole process alone cost millions and I shudder to think how much was actually spent trying to rid our club of this vermin but make no mistake it was absolutely imperative for our club.

Only this season King managed to rid the club of the stupid deal with Sports Direct and Ashley, something which if he had not dealt with would be looming over the club for a further SEVEN YEARS.

He spent money on the arrival of Warburton and Weir and while there was no massive transfer fees involved there was still a fair amount of millions spent via wages, also spent close to £2 million on Garner. The club also had to contend with the debacle of Barton and this no doubt cost the club a few million, granted its not the kind of money we as fans want invested but still the £s are totting up.

He then gets in another manager with no doubt an amount of compensation to be paid, lets not forget the £10-11 million spent on transfer fees and the pay off Pedro would no doubt have got after his sacking.

The only real criticism I have of the board is the lack of thought and application regarding a manager but perhaps there were other mitigating circumstances for this................me personally I feel comfortable with this board and there is absolutely no doubt their intentions for this club are honourable and just. It takes time with the amount of wrong doing we as a club have suffered in regards to leeches but we are on some sort of road to recovery and that is ONLY down to this current board and the time and money spent trying to rid the club of these parasites.

Are you comfortable with the behavour of the board as in that statement released the other day?

#13 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,435 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 02:35 PM

Are you comfortable with the behavour of the board as in that statement released the other day?

No but I do think that is part of the problem. I honestly dont believe the board have issued that statement, kind of thing a raging supporter woupd issue.

IF the board did write it and/or agreed for it to be released then yeah that is poor and I criticise them fully bit really thats about all I can throw at them imo.

#14 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 03:13 PM

No but I do think that is part of the problem. I honestly dont believe the board have issued that statement, kind of thing a raging supporter woupd issue.

IF the board did write it and/or agreed for it to be released then yeah that is poor and I criticise them fully bit really thats about all I can throw at them imo.

The statement was seemingly written by Traynor. Was it King and Co. that employed him of did they inherit him? Either way he is an improvement on Jack Irvine but it is time the club let him go. Surely there is someone out there more media savvy than a man who applauded Rangers fans being indiscriminately battered by Spanish police!

Someone has to step forward from the board and hold their hands up and say we fucked up with the manager. Was it Andrew Robertson?

You can't keep sacking managers without giving them time. Fuck Celtic. Fuck 10 in a row!! We as a support need to remember where we ve been and understand we are not going to get back to where we were by chopping and changing managers!!

The players were obviously not playing for Pedro. Their are players in that dressing room that need to take a long hard look at themselves and ask were they really giving their all.

I like Wallace and appreciate he stayed when he could have gone south with the rest but I have thought for a while we need a more Butcher , Gough like captain to grab this team by the scruff of the neck!! My choice would be Alves in the short term

#15 Jiffy

Jiffy

Veteran

• 1,059 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 03:28 PM

I get the Ashley thing and yes they have done well to get the club out of those contracts but they paid him £3 million for the privilege. That money was in the form of a loan. A loan that the fans will no doubt end up paying for one way or another.

As for the millions invested in the playing squads for consecutive managers. The money spent wasn't King's money or any other of our rich board members money. That was fans money. That is where the season ticket money has gone. Much of it has been wasted especially in the case of Pedro who should never have been in the job.

We have pissed over 100 million quid up against the wall over the last 5/6 years. Much of it fraudently through the greed and avarice of previous boards. Granted the money wasted by this board has been through bad decision making but it's still up against the wall isn't it?

It's not just money but time. King and co came in to steady the ship so they said. The good ship Rangers is anything but steady. In fact it seems to being steered onto the rocks.

As for Ashley trying to get King jailed. We are talking about a man who knowingly broke stock market rules when securing his shareholding and refuses still to adhere to them. Mr King is as dodgy as Ashley. Don't be fooled by his follow follow rhetoric. That shit was old when Craig Whyte was doing it.

#16 Jiffy

Jiffy

Veteran

• 1,059 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 03:35 PM

The statement was seemingly written by Traynor. Was it King and Co. that employed him of did they inherit him? Either way he is an improvement on Jack Irvine but it is time the club let him go. Surely there is someone out there more media savvy than a man who applauded Rangers fans being indiscriminately battered by Spanish police!

Someone has to step forward from the board and hold their hands up and say we fucked up with the manager. Was it Andrew Robertson?

You can't keep sacking managers without giving them time. Fuck Celtic. Fuck 10 in a row!! We as a support need to remember where we ve been and understand we are not going to get back to where we were by chopping and changing managers!!

The players were obviously not playing for Pedro. Their are players in that dressing room that need to take a long hard look at themselves and ask were they really giving their all.

I like Wallace and appreciate he stayed when he could have gone south with the rest but I have thought for a while we need a more Butcher , Gough like captain to grab this team by the scruff of the neck!! My choice would be Alves in the short term

That comes into the main point of my OP. We don't know who wrote it because we are told nothing. There is no information coming out of the club what so ever. Even at the AGM the fans were fobbed off with vague answers to questions regarding the manager situation.

We were promised openness and transparency
we get none.

Edited by Jiffy, 11 December 2017 - 03:36 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rangers, taxi for the board., basket case, hackneyed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users