Closing the doors

45 replies to this topic

#1 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,399 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:25 PM

Over the last few weeks and months I have not been able to commit the time that the forum and members deserve. I have therefore come to the decision that the forum will close within the next few weeks.

I have immensely enjoyed the forum over the years. Yes it can be tough when having to act as an admin, but the good times far outweighed those moments and for that I thank everyone (mostly everyone) who has been a part of the forum. 

I've enjoyed running the predictor and taking part. I've even enjoyed dishing out the prizes, which sometimes came from my own pocket. I was rubbish at predicting myself, but that didn't matter to me.

It's just unfortunate that I have to make this decision, but I feel it's the right one. I'm not sure when the forum will close, but it will happen in the next few weeks. I will probably leave the PM function open for a little longer than that, but i've not got the exact details ironed out.

Thank you all for being part of the forum, especially to those that have been here for so long. 

#2 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 33,289 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:34 PM

All good things and all that......

On the bright side, I'll be able to tell the wife I'm giving up social media for the new year :D

On the sad side, I'll genuinely miss a lot of the members on here....

#3 sployal

sployal

Hall Of Fame

• 1,696 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:56 PM

:shock: :-( :cry:

Don't give up Craig if you need a hand we are a few on here willing to spend our time, just tell us what we must do :thumbup:

#4 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,435 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:05 PM

Thanks for the effort put in Craig, I'm sure its appreciated by a lot past and present

#5 Jiffy

Jiffy

Veteran

• 1,059 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:18 PM

This is awe Travs fault.:-P

#6 Jiffy

Jiffy

Veteran

• 1,059 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:19 PM

Dug will be devastated.

#7 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,433 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:35 PM

Over the last few weeks and months I have not been able to commit the time that the forum and members deserve. I have therefore come to the decision that the forum will close within the next few weeks.

I have immensely enjoyed the forum over the years. Yes it can be tough when having to act as an admin, but the good times far outweighed those moments and for that I thank everyone (mostly everyone) who has been a part of the forum. 

I've enjoyed running the predictor and taking part. I've even enjoyed dishing out the prizes, which sometimes came from my own pocket. I was rubbish at predicting myself, but that didn't matter to me.

It's just unfortunate that I have to make this decision, but I feel it's the right one. I'm not sure when the forum will close, but it will happen in the next few weeks. I will probably leave the PM function open for a little longer than that, but i've not got the exact details ironed out.

Thank you all for being part of the forum, especially to those that have been here for so long. 

Sorry to hear that Craig.

It has been a great forum; lots of interesting characters (some good some bad). I'm sure we will all miss it.

We can assist with finances, but time is a different kettle of fish. Things like family and work have to take precedence.

To the rest of the members;

We could set up an SFF Mark II using free software.

This was tried in the past but it fell through. Perhaps if enough of us are interested we could make a go of it.

Let me know.

Edited by Hairy Scot, 11 December 2017 - 09:35 PM.

Shit Creek

#8 sployal

sployal

Hall Of Fame

• 1,696 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:56 PM

You who are leaving

#9 Hunterian

Hunterian

Veteran

• 1,304 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:27 PM

That is bad news but you've obviously weighed it all up. Quit while you're ahead. Thanks to the heads up I can say cheerio to the chaps that I've enjoyed chatting to.

Here's to the Saints promotion.

Cheers.

#10 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:07 AM

This is awe Travs fault. :razz:

The Hack surely ?

Dug will be devastated.

pastures new my man....

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#11 tonethebhoy

tonethebhoy

Hall Of Fame

• 1,765 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:33 AM

Sad sad news indeed

Might have to do some work now while in the office  :x

Any recommendations for any other decent forums?

My one regret is I haven't posted more often 

#12 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:41 AM

Sad sad news indeed

could be Tone. Haud fire the now.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#13 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,435 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:48 AM

Sad sad news indeed

Perhaps we could at least try and find a new forum for all teams similar to this one

#14 Jiffy

Jiffy

Veteran

• 1,059 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:40 PM

Try not606. The general chat forum is a bit hard core but if you don't scare easy or get offended at tge drap of a hat it can be quite funny.

#15 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:04 PM

Perhaps we could at least try and find a new forum for all teams similar to this one

Dug and I are 'members' of a similar sized forum.

It's mostly Man Utd, Liverpool, Spurs , Arsenal and Villa fans made up with a few lower league English clubs. It's quite useful for getting info on Championship targets.

Anyway they have various sections including a Scottish section which we could have for ourselves and we would be left alone to moderate that section ourselves.

If it's acceptable to all and especially Cam I could ask if they make him Mod of Scottish section

They have merged before with a forum I was a poster on so I am sure they would be willing to merge. They are always looking for new ways to build the forum

Give me your thoughts

And yes I know they can be annoying little cunts at times Dug but we will have our own section

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#16 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:23 PM

It's mostly Man Utd, Liverpool, Spurs , Arsenal and Villa fans made up with a few lower league English clubs. It's quite useful for getting info on Championship targets.

Anyway they have various sections including a Scottish section which we could have for ourselves and we would be left alone to moderate that section ourselves.

If it's acceptable to all and especially Cam I could ask if they make him Mod of Scottish section

They have merged before with a forum I was a poster on so I am sure they would be willing to merge. They are always looking for new ways to build the forum

Give me your thoughts

And yes I know they can be annoying little cunts at times Dug but we will have our own section

It's a shite forum.

#17 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:42 PM

Give me your thoughts

Hang fire the now Trav.

#18 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:51 PM

Hang fire the now Trav.

I know it's a shite forum but we will have the Scottish section.

A forum is what the members make it and hopefully if we merge rather than join en masses then we could possibly keep some of our current threads running ( not sure how that works)

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#19 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:53 PM

I know it's a shite forum but we will have the Scottish section.

A forum is what the members make it and hopefully if we merge rather than join en masses then we could possibly keep some of our current threads running ( not sure how that works)

See post #7

#20 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,435 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:38 PM

Give me your thoughts

Like the idea but not for me due to the teams etc.
I want a Scottish place, with s0ace for a few N Irishmen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users