• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,399 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:14 AM

I thought I should share a random memories from the time on SFF. 

Henkes Tongue - I always enjoyed his posts, although at times i did struggle to understand his point. He has a future in creative writing im sure.

I remember that Black Dog used to tell us about trimming his hedge at the bottom of the garden, which we all knew was just a reason to check out the scenary. I remember (i'm not sure why) even drawing a picture of him and posting it in here. 

I've forgotten the name of the member who used to post some stats on basketball games. it was really detailed, but i don't think anyone ever understood it.

Geo's quiz. Geo had some strong views, but starting up the quiz brought some fun to the site and also gave some money to charity.

The spotify playlists - I don't know who started it, but johnarob and jaybee were both active participants of the themed spotify playlists. oh, and grumpy.

Did I ever mention that I received an offer to buy the site about 4-5 years back? I can't recall how much it was, but it was something like $1000. they wanted to change the site to a generic football forum with me staying on as admin. I told them no, obviously.

I remember being threatened with legal action one time because a member didn't appreciate me pulling them up about something they said. It also included an offer of a pint.

#2 Jiffy

Jiffy

Veteran

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:34 AM

Years of constant badgering of Rangers fans and as soon as the Rangers fans bit back all the squeels of bullying. Always gave me a laugh that. Especially the Sheep. What a greeting c*nt that guy wis?

Friday nights/Saturday mornings drink fuelled banter with the likes of Chick, Sheeny, JR etc. Sometimes got out of hand but most of the time was great crack.

Getting banned on a regular basis. I often said the next time you ban me I'm not coming back.

Going to Ibrox with Craig and his wee pal who i canny mind the name of. Sheeny gave him a bottle of beer and he vomited after one drink. He took some slagging for that.

The Pyjama man and his various guises. He was always good for a laugh.

Some of my posts were fantastic. I was without doubt the best ever poster on here. Too bad those threads will be lost for ever. ?apes jaunt was a classic and it's follow up "the road home" well that was just sublime even if i do say so myself. I feel i was under appreciated on this forum to be honest 😂

#3 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 01:07 PM

Where to begin...hmmm? Joined in 2010 but posted very rarely due to a lack of confidence as I was a newcomer to football forums and as is usual with most forums it can be  (or seem to be) difficult to integrate with the community so I decided to leave it & kept away for a good few months then returned and eventually got into the swing of it. Believe it or not I initially got on very well with Hayza but over time became disillusioned with his constant carping about anything Rangers and lines were drawn and any relationship we had disappeared and from then on in it was pistols at dawn. The lowest level he achieved, imo, was when he made disgusting (totally untrue) slurs about my wife. Such was his mentality. The funniest occasion with him that I recall was when he returned as Cal and at the same time was a member under another username (there were that many I can't remember which) and they were both logged on talking to each other....hilarious. There plenty ups and downs over the years, far too many to recall. It was great to have a meet up in the Counting House in Glasgow a good few years ago & actually put faces to names & after that our wee soiree in the pub at Castlecary when Hairy visited Scotland & again Craig & Bundy were there. So many people have come and gone it's difficult to remember the stand outs....Scott Forsyth was a decent guy as was ElChappy, Gusmeister (remember him?).....then there was the Aberdeen contingent.....Sheepy & Jay who were decent posters but couldn't/wouldn't accept criticism/disagreement and eventually shot the craw claiming bullying..... :lol: ......and to think they are adults. So if you look in here (or the new forum) and see this lads.....Hope you are doing well in your comfy wee forum now where nobody disagrees with you. The one member I must say I was disappointed to see leave was John (Achnasheen)....decent chap, done a great job with the quiz but all of a sudden upped sticks with the rest of the sheep. There's probably a lot more I could say if I could bleedin' remember so I'll leave it with.......Thank you Craig, you done us all proud. Enjoy whatever pastures new you undertake. All the best to you and yours. But my final mention must go to a member sadly no longer with us....

R I P Geo. Your heart was in the right place & I have no doubt you are there now looking down on us.

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#4 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 01:36 PM

To Craig & SFF & members....

giphy.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#5 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,399 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:43 PM

Years of constant badgering of Rangers fans and as soon as the Rangers fans bit back all the squeels of bullying. Always gave me a laugh that. Especially the Sheep. What a greeting c*nt that guy wis?

Friday nights/Saturday mornings drink fuelled banter with the likes of Chick, Sheeny, JR etc. Sometimes got out of hand but most of the time was great crack.

Getting banned on a regular basis. I often said the next time you ban me I'm not coming back.

Going to Ibrox with Craig and his wee pal who i canny mind the name of. Sheeny gave him a bottle of beer and he vomited after one drink. He took some slagging for that.

The Pyjama man and his various guises. He was always good for a laugh.

Some of my posts were fantastic. I was without doubt the best ever poster on here. Too bad those threads will be lost for ever. ?apes jaunt was a classic and it's follow up "the road home" well that was just sublime even if i do say so myself. I feel i was under appreciated on this forum to be honest 😂

I can confirm that my mate did just have a single beer and he did almost instantly spew it up. I still laugh about it now.

#6 Henkes Tongue

Henkes Tongue

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 12:09 PM

Ta Craigie, your a gem, I guess I`ll delve back into politics again, as I`m sure I`d get your vote. Good luck with whatever you spend your empty time on in the future.

Same to all the other bright posters on here.

Such sweet sorrow to post last, finally at last I`M FREE.

DSC_0355.JPG

Posted Image

#7 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,435 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 12:31 PM

Many good memories and lots of good chat and banter on the forum, lots of fall outs but more importantly lots of good people. Place will be sorely missed.

Among my favourite parts of the forum was during its busiest times, when it went through a period if you blinked you missed a tone of threads and posts. Hats off to you Craig.

Would like to add I think it would be a rather nice touch to have all the regulars, past and present to say one final thank you to Craig for his time and money put into providing this forum.

Edited by Camshy, 06 January 2018 - 12:32 PM.

#8 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 02:19 PM

I found this place after being banned  from Pie and Bovril. I just cant get used to one team forums such as Follow Follow and Rangers Media so was pleased to find a place where you had a mismatch of teams. Shame the sheep lads left 

My lasting memory was my first PM. It was from a certain Dug asking if he said Number 8 and Paisley would it mean anything. I didn't think i was that obvious :lol: We knew each other from another small Scottish Football Forum. Was good to see him doing well and enjoying his retirement. 

Anyway thank you craig for this wee gem of a forum and i am truly sorry to see it shutting down. All the best for the future

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#9 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 33,289 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 05:51 PM

Joined it a bit later, Sept 2012, by total chance btw,

Posted in 'Introduction Thread' and from memory, Johnarob responded either by PM or in the thread asking wbere about in Ireland I'm from etc, as he travels (or used too) here often, then others responded, remember thinking, I've posted more on this forum on my first day, than I normally would in a month on other forums....

There was a lot of long gone regulars back then, some I genuinely missed when they left, others, not so much..... prominent posters like GOM, JR, Lawrie, Gaffe, Sheep, Geo, Jay, Panda, P, Sheeny, Ach (Ach, Genuinely was a personal favourite) JHR and of course Craig.

All at it Hammer and Tong :lol: I know some folk didnt enjoy the debates..... I fucking loved them through, each to their own I suppose.....there was only 1 member I genuinely disliked, but if you compare the traffic on here over the last 5 years, that's testament to the amount of decent folk who live/originate from your wee part of the world.

Highlight would have been the wee trip to Ayr, had a really good night out with Norm, Jay and Panda..... funny how things turn out, when you look back,

Anyway, The Bastion awards....

Best Thread..... World Cup of Beer
Best Member..... Can only realistically be Dug
Best Troll...... Robbo's Loyal

Three is enough!

To the ones who stuck it out....

We will no doubt carry on what Craig started through Hairy' s forum, over 2000 posts in a short space of time, so hopefully it will go from strength to strength.....

If any of the old snowflakes have man'ed up over the year's, you're more than welcome to join Hairy s forum, for a bit of diversity :D

Good luck to Craig, for whatever he has planned to do next, you didn't get it easy with us lot at each other's throats occasionally, but you always took your time to try and get things right and fairly to everyone..... ps,still think you were harsh on The Last Lazy Gun.....hey ho.

To all who came on and contributed, good luck with wherever your lives take you, try and remember the mainly good laughs on here, as that's what I'll do.

Goodnight.

#10 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 08:29 AM

Joined it a bit later, Sept 2012, by total chance btw,

Posted in 'Introduction Thread' and from memory, Johnarob responded either by PM or in the thread asking wbere about in Ireland I'm from etc, as he travels (or used too) here often, then others responded, remember thinking, I've posted more on this forum on my first day, than I normally would in a month on other forums....

There was a lot of long gone regulars back then, some I genuinely missed when they left, others, not so much..... prominent posters like GOM, JR, Lawrie, Gaffe, Sheep, Geo, Jay, Panda, P, Sheeny, Ach (Ach, Genuinely was a personal favourite) JHR and of course Craig.

All at it Hammer and Tong :lol: I know some folk didnt enjoy the debates..... I fucking loved them through, each to their own I suppose.....there was only 1 member I genuinely disliked, but if you compare the traffic on here over the last 5 years, that's testament to the amount of decent folk who live/originate from your wee part of the world.

Highlight would have been the wee trip to Ayr, had a really good night out with Norm, Jay and Panda..... funny how things turn out, when you look back,

Anyway, The Bastion awards....

Best Thread..... World Cup of Beer
Best Member..... Can only realistically be Dug
Best Troll...... Robbo's Loyal

Three is enough!

To the ones who stuck it out....

We will no doubt carry on what Craig started through Hairy' s forum, over 2000 posts in a short space of time, so hopefully it will go from strength to strength.....

If any of the old snowflakes have man'ed up over the year's, you're more than welcome to join Hairy s forum, for a bit of diversity :D

Good luck to Craig, for whatever he has planned to do next, you didn't get it easy with us lot at each other's throats occasionally, but you always took your time to try and get things right and fairly to everyone..... ps,still think you were harsh on The Last Lazy Gun.....hey ho.

To all who came on and contributed, good luck with wherever your lives take you, try and remember the mainly good laughs on here, as that's what I'll do.

Goodnight.

Bastion....cracking post mate, so much so I've C&P it in the new forum. If you  have any objection to that let me know & I'll delete it.

#11 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,399 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 07:39 PM

Thanks a lot guys. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users