• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#1 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:05 AM

The team have signed a goalie called Brian McGarrity from Annbank and defender Gordon Pope from Montrose.

Follow @sffpodcast on Twitter and send the team a tweet

#2 Laurie

Laurie

Resident Tart

• Members
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:16 AM

The team have signed a goalie called Brian McGarrity from Annbank and defender Gordon Pope from Montrose.

Can't believe I'm actually going to comment on this thread ;)

But I remember Gordon Hope from my Football Manager Montrose campaigns (my local team growing up, and the one I played for, so always went them in the game). Started at Dundee United, pretty solid left back from what I recall. Sounds like a good signing for Talbot.
I'll paint this place maroon!

Follow me on twitter @lauriedunsire https://twitter.com/...!/lauriedunsire

#3 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:44 AM

Nice one Laurie. The team has been lacking cover at left back so it is a good signing. He is a local boy too.

Hopefully there will be some more players coming in so we can win the league this season. Looking forward to both Scottish cup campaigns too.

#4 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:51 PM

Talbot had their 1st pre season game today away to Girvan and drew 1-1 with trialist Willie Sawyer scoring.

#5 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 04:39 PM

On Wednesday Talbot beat local rivals in an away game against Cumnock 5-0 with goals from Young, Robb, Gilles 2 and Patterson. This was in Ardagh Glass cup which is like a local cup with teams from same district.

Today I attended my 1st game in same competition away to Lugar and Talbot won 5-0 again with 4 goals from David Gilles who is having a great start to the season and one from recent signing Milliken who looks very impressive. Talbot were always comfortable and there were some good performances from Gilles along with new signing Milliken, Connolly and youngster Paterson.

They made 6 changes from Wednesday night and look like they will have some serious strength in depth this season. We still need another striker as John Boyle has moved to Airdrie and Stevie Mallan finally retired at 44.

#6 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 05:35 PM

I was also lucky enough to speak to Auchinleck Talbot manager Tommy Sloan before the game and he showed me his team sheet so I had inside knowledge of team before game.

#7 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:39 AM

Talbot played Kello Rovers last night in same cup and won 3-2 with goals from Spence, Milliken and Slavin.

#8 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:22 AM

Shock result at the weekend as Talbot lost at home 4-1 against Glenafton.

Gilles with the goal for Talbot.

I missed the game as was at Subcrawl.

#9 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:05 PM

Talbot recovered from their loss at weekend to win 10-0 tonight with 4 goals from captain Slavin, 2 for recent signing Milliken and others from Connolly, Patterson, White and McCann.

They qualify for quarter final of Ardagh cup where they will play away to Whitletts.

#10 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,391 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:05 AM

Talbot recovered from their loss at weekend to win 10-0 tonight with 4 goals from captain Slavin, 2 for recent signing Milliken and others from Connolly, Patterson, White and McCann.

They qualify for quarter final of Ardagh cup where they will play away to Whitletts.

10-0?? Who were they playing against, schoolkids?

#11 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:03 AM

Na, it was one of the Ayrshire district league teams.

#12 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 02:55 PM

Talbot opened their league campaign with a match against Kilburnie winning 3-1 with goals from Slavin, Milliken and Young.

#13 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:47 PM

Talbot beat Whittlets 3-1 in quarter final of Ardagh cup.

Captain Slavin scored 2 and McCann got other.

Recent signing Milliken got sent off when Talbot were a goal up in 1st half.

#14 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:27 PM

Talbot won 4-1 away in league to Arthurlie who are one of favourites for the league. They went down 1-0 to an early penalty but responded with goals from Slavin, McCann 2 and Collins.

#15 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:57 PM

Top of the table clash today at home against Rob Roy.

Rob Roy went ahead with own goal from White and led 1-0 at half time.

Slavin scored a penalty early in second half to make it 1-1 but Rob Roy then went 2-1 up and scored a 3rd as Talbot pushed for an equaliser.

A poor performance and Rob Roy could have won by more.

#16 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:24 AM

Another poor result for Talbot yesterday as they drew away to local rivals Cumnock and drew 1-1. Cumnock went a goal up and Connolly scored to equalise for Talbot.

#17 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 03:07 PM

Talbot won 2-0 against with goals from Young and Latta.

#18 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 05:04 PM

Talbot lost 2-1 away to Beith. Gilles scored.

#19 Laurie

Laurie

Resident Tart

• Members
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 05:06 PM

You must be feeling a bit Patrick Bateman in this thread Jaybee, talking away to yourself :lol:
I'll paint this place maroon!

Follow me on twitter @lauriedunsire https://twitter.com/...!/lauriedunsire

#20 Grumpy Old Man

Grumpy Old Man

Bah Humbug!

• Members
  • 10,827 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:44 AM

Junior football riot thug is caged after battle between Cumnock & Auchinleck Talbot fans
Sep 23 2011 By Billy Paterson

A BUCKFAST bottle wielding thug was jailed yesterday for his part in a football riot.
Andrew Drummond, 22, was banned from every soccer ground in the UK for five years and sentenced to three-and-a-half months.
Donna Roulston, 37, Andrew Gibson, 19, and Scott Shirkie, 17, were also given five-year bans for their part in a mass pitch invasion during a tie between bitter Ayrshire rivals Cumnock and Auchinleck Talbot.
At Kilmarnock Sheriff Court yesterday, sheriff Norman McFadyen told the four that the incident had "tarnished the reputation of football in Ayrshire".
The court heard violence erupted during the Scottish Junior Cup tie at Cumnock's Townhead Park on February 12 after lumps of concrete and a bottle were thrown into the away end of the ground.
Stephanie MacDonald, prosecuting, said "At this point an Auchinleck supporter ran on to the pitch offering to fight the Cumnock crowd."
That sparked the pitch invasion, which only ended when mounted police were sent in.
Drummond, of Auchinleck, admitted being in possession of an offensive weapon - a bottle - on the pitch.
He also admitted attacking a photographer in Auchinleck on February 23.
Gibson, of Kilmarnock, admitted behaving in a threatening manner by running on to the pitch.
Threatening He was jailed for six months and ordered to serve a further six months of an unexpired portion of an earlier three-year sentence.
Roulston and Shirkie, both of Auchinleck, admitted behaving in a threatening manner by running on to the pitch and engaging in fighting. They were sentenced to an 18-month community payback order.

From today's Daily Record

Looking at the photo that accompanies the story the guy was looking to do some damage with the empty bottle. This could be used in the argument for keeping alcohol out of football grounds.
When all’s said and done it’s only a game.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: auchinleck talbot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users