aberdeen

1581 replies to this topic

#21 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:20 PM

Forfar seems to be a popular place for Aberdeen players to go out on loan to, that is three out on loan there now

I think all SPL clubs would benefit from having a 'feeder' club in lower leagues where they can send players out on loan. Ideally more of our players on fringes would be sent to division 1 teams as opposed to Forfar or Peterhead.

Follow @sffpodcast on Twitter and send the team a tweet

#22 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:24 PM

I think all SPL clubs would benefit from having a 'feeder' club in lower leagues where they can send players out on loan. Ideally more of our players on fringes would be sent to division 1 teams as opposed to Forfar or Peterhead.

We might be that feeder club if we don't get up that league soon :oops:

#23 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:09 PM

We might be that feeder club if we don't get up that league soon

SPL teams are basically feeder teams for English clubs now.

#24 Psychoheart

Psychoheart

aka Krys on the SFF Podcast

• 6,474 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:38 PM

SPL teams are basically feeder teams for English clubs now.

It's the only way Levein will notice you. It's not like he watches the SPL.

Even then you're better off being English with a Scottish granny.

#25 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:57 PM

There is speculation according to skysports that English teams including Brighton and Burnley are interested in Rob Milsom.

#26 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:28 AM

There is speculation according to skysports that English teams including Brighton and Burnley are interested in Rob Milsom.

Presumably we would get something for him in January if he did go, or alternatively he may join a long list of players to walk out of aberdeen for nothing in summer because Aberdeen don't sign up their players for more than two year contract and let it go too close to the end of their contracts before trying to resign them, Arnason will go that way for sure mark my words

#27 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:42 AM

Milsom is contracted till 2013 so if he were to go we would get a transfer fee.

#28 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:45 AM

Milsom is contracted till 2013 so if he were to go we would get a transfer fee.

Oops for some reason I got him confused with Magennis, Milson would be a big miss, if he were to go I would hope Aberdeen held out for a decent transfer fee for him

#29 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:40 AM

I would hope if he were to go that we would get in at least one wide player. Milsom is one of our more creative players.

As for your point on St Mirren thread I'm not sure what the deal is with our scouting system. At times we have picked up players like Milsom, Osbourne and Arnason who have been good. I hoped when Brown took over he would use contacts he had down south to attract better quality players. The way it needs to be sold to players is that if they come up here and do well then they will then get move to a decent club down south.

#30 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:54 AM

I would hope if he were to go that we would get in at least one wide player. Milsom is one of our more creative players.

As for your point on St Mirren thread I'm not sure what the deal is with our scouting system. At times we have picked up players like Milsom, Osbourne and Arnason who have been good. I hoped when Brown took over he would use contacts he had down south to attract better quality players. The way it needs to be sold to players is that if they come up here and do well then they will then get move to a decent club down south.

Agreed, I'm sure that is why the Man City goallie came on loan for experience and perhaps to put himself in the shop window if he can't force himself into the Man City team

#31 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 12:14 PM

Southend have been linked with a move for Rory McArdle.

There is talk of us trying to get someone on loan from Man City in January.

#32 JHR

JHR

Football Legend

• Members
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:36 PM

Southend have been linked with a move for Rory McArdle.

There is talk of us trying to get someone on loan from Man City in January.

Who ? Anyone..

Yet another poor result yesterday, bottom position now !! Will Brown survive much longer ?
Quoted in today's papers saying he needs time !!

#33 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:17 PM

We certainly need to get some creativity in the side and have required that for a while.

I think that if Brown was to go that it would have to be before January so another manager could get their own players in. I think though Brown will probably stay. He needs to use his contacts in the game to make some quality signings in January.

We maybe need a young manager with fresh ideas.

#34 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:18 PM

We certainly need to get some creativity in the side and have required that for a while.

I think that if Brown was to go that it would have to be before January so another manager could get their own players in. I think though Brown will probably stay. He needs to use his contacts in the game to make some quality signings in January.

We maybe need a young manager with fresh ideas.

Eric Black? could we afford him? would he want to come anyway?

#35 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:24 PM

Eric Black has been spoken about as a candidate before but I'm not sure whether he'd be a good appointment.

Steven Pressley would maybe be a good appointment as he is doing well with a young squad. It is likely at Aberdeen now that we are going to be relying a lot on youth for the forseeabale future.

#36 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:27 PM

Eric Black has been spoken about as a candidate before but I'm not sure whether he'd be a good appointment.

Steven Pressley would maybe be a good appointment as he is doing well with a young squad. It is likely at Aberdeen now that we are going to be relying a lot on youth for the forseeabale future.

I've lost count of the times when the saying 'we are relying on youth' is used over the years, I have nothing against youth persay, but there has to be a good blend, Brown on paper does have the makings of a good side there, but why are they bottom?

#37 bripod

bripod

Hall Of Fame

• Members
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:28 PM

If we were going to go for a Division 1 manager I'd sooner go for Adams at Ross County rather than Pressley.

Can't see Broon turning this around now.
#lovingarmageddon

#38 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:34 PM

If we were going to go for a Division 1 manager I'd sooner go for Adams at Ross County rather than Pressley.

Can't see Broon turning this around now.

I'm not too sure about Pressley either myself, I seem to remember things not going so well for us the last time we went for a 1st division manager, Paterson anyone?

#39 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:36 PM

I've lost count of the times when the saying 'we are relying on youth' is used over the years, I have nothing against youth persay, but there has to be a good blend, Brown on paper does have the makings of a good side there, but why are they bottom?

We don't really have the funds to sign new players so I don't think we have much choice other than to rely on youth.

Brian - would you be against Pressley taking over? I think he could be an option.

#40 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:38 PM

I'm not too sure about Pressley either myself, I seem to remember things not going so well for us the last time we went for a 1st division manager, Paterson anyone?

I'm not aware though of Pressley having a drinking problem.

We have not really had much success with managers in recent times apart from Calderwood. His record in cups though cost him.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aberdeen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users