• Please log in to reply
1581 replies to this topic

#41 bripod

bripod

Hall Of Fame

• Members
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:06 PM

We don't really have the funds to sign new players so I don't think we have much choice other than to rely on youth.

Brian - would you be against Pressley taking over? I think he could be an option.

What makes you want to go for Pressley over Adams though?

Pressley already has a relegation against his name, wouldn't be a popular appointment either.

Adams has a cup final and a runaway lead at the top of the league.
#lovingarmageddon

#42 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:09 PM

I think Pressley is working better with the resources he has. As for the relegation, Falkirk I think were bottom when he took over. Why do you think Pressley would not be a popular appointment?

Adams though is doing well with Ross County due to having a good budget.

Follow @sffpodcast on Twitter and send the team a tweet

#43 bripod

bripod

Hall Of Fame

• Members
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:14 PM

I think Pressley is working better with the resources he has. As for the relegation, Falkirk I think were bottom when he took over. Why do you think Pressley would not be a popular appointment?

Adams though is doing well with Ross County due to having a good budget.

Aye but we're bottom now mate so if he keeps that up then we're screwed, when he took over he guaranteed Falkirk wouldn't be relegated and he got outsmarted by bloody Calderwood who was at Killie FFS!

He played for Rangers, Celtic and Hearts, any time he's been an opposing player or manager he's got the absolute pish ripped out of him from us.
#lovingarmageddon

#44 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:23 PM

Aye but we're bottom now mate so if he keeps that up then we're screwed, when he took over he guaranteed Falkirk wouldn't be relegated and he got outsmarted by bloody Calderwood who was at Killie FFS!

He played for Rangers, Celtic and Hearts, any time he's been an opposing player or manager he's got the absolute pish ripped out of him from us.

I couldn't care less who someone has played for in the past if he is capable of doing the job as manager. Let's face it though in our current position we are probably unlikely to go for a young manager.

#45 JHR

JHR

Football Legend

• Members
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 04:08 PM

We certainly need to get some creativity in the side and have required that for a while.

I think that if Brown was to go that it would have to be before January so another manager could get their own players in. I think though Brown will probably stay. He needs to use his contacts in the game to make some quality signings in January.

We maybe need a young manager with fresh ideas.

Is there any funds available for "quality signings" ?
He who knows everything - James Traynor - suggested not on BBC Radio this morning. Indicated that the problems are deeper within the club>

#46 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:32 PM

Is there any funds available for "quality signings" ?
He who knows everything - James Traynor - suggested not on BBC Radio this morning. Indicated that the problems are deeper within the club>

I think funds will need to be found, we are most likely going to be looking at loan signings from English premier league.

#47 bripod

bripod

Hall Of Fame

• Members
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:39 PM

I couldn't care less who someone has played for in the past if he is capable of doing the job as manager. Let's face it though in our current position we are probably unlikely to go for a young manager.

Mate I'd take Ian Durrant as manager if it guaranteed we'd stay up, however I don't rate Pressley at all and he'd further divide the support.

What we need is a manager with fresh ideas and who isn't set in his ways, Adams has only done good things in his career and can hopefully take us on an upwards trajectory.
#lovingarmageddon

#48 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 70,498 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 05:45 PM

I think funds will need to be found, we are most likely going to be looking at loan signings from English premier league.

Ye'll be hoping that the lending club pays the MAJORITY of any salary ah'd think.

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#49 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:00 PM

Mate I'd take Ian Durrant as manager if it guaranteed we'd stay up, however I don't rate Pressley at all and he'd further divide the support.

What we need is a manager with fresh ideas and who isn't set in his ways, Adams has only done good things in his career and can hopefully take us on an upwards trajectory.

Knowing us though we'd get Jim Jeffries.

#50 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:03 PM

Ye'll be hoping that the lending club pays the MAJORITY of any salary ah'd think.

Indeed so.

#51 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:17 AM

I read earlier that Craig Brown says Aberdeen need to add some creativity to side in January.

Any Aberdeen fan will tell you that we needed to add some creativity over the summer with loss of Maguire and Aluko.

#52 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:21 AM

I read earlier that Craig Brown says Aberdeen need to add some creativity to side in January.

Any Aberdeen fan will tell you that we needed to add some creativity over the summer with loss of Maguire and Aluko.

I agree about creativity, and a proven goalscorer is a must, and sorry Mr Milne but sometimes that means the cheque book comes out for that, not racking in the bargain basement, think of it as an investment to stay up, after all what will that cost us financially if we go down [shudder]

#53 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:21 AM

As an additional on the manager front I see Eric Black is now looking for employment, could he not even be brought in temporarily in an advisory capacity?

#54 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:33 AM

Black could maybe come in on the coaching staff but I reckon he is maybe happier as an assistant as opposed to manager.

#55 Grumpy Old Man

Grumpy Old Man

Bah Humbug!

• Members
  • 10,827 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:43 PM

Does that mean that there'll be no money to spend in the January window :)

http://www.eveningex...le.aspx/2548607

BUILDING tycoon Stewart Milne was today ordered to pay Aberdeen City Council £1.7 million.
The Supreme Court in London – the highest court in the UK – unanimously rejected a bid by Westhill-based Stewart Milne Group to avoid sharing a profit on land bought from the authority.

A panel of five Supreme Court justices heard evidence in a contract dispute between the city council and the company, run by Aberdeen FC chairman Mr Milne.

When all’s said and done it’s only a game.

#56 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,498 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:19 PM

As an additional on the manager front I see Eric Black is now looking for employment, could he not even be brought in temporarily in an advisory capacity?

Advise on what? Like most clubs they've got a manager, assistant manager so what would Black advise on? Is Willie Miller not in such a position?

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#57 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,498 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:20 PM

Does that mean that there'll be no money to spend in the January window :)

Didn't see that splashed all over the rags today!

This is in response to the link ye posted about Milne & the Supreme Court Grumpy.

#58 Grumpy Old Man

Grumpy Old Man

Bah Humbug!

• Members
  • 10,827 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:27 PM

Didn't see that splashed all over the rags today!

This is in response to the link ye posted about Milne & the Supreme Court Grumpy.

It's from the Aberdeen Evening Paper so don't know if it'll be mentioned in the red tops down here tomorrow.

#59 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,498 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:33 PM

It's from the Aberdeen Evening Paper so don't know if it'll be mentioned in the red tops down here tomorrow.

Whit...they're not jumpin' all over each other to get a story..don't they have contacts up there? Has Reuters crashed?...........Posted Image

#60 Grumpy Old Man

Grumpy Old Man

Bah Humbug!

• Members
  • 10,827 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:35 PM

Whit...they're not jumpin' all over each other to get a story..don't they have contacts up there? Has Reuters crashed?...........Posted Image

Don't you worry mate...I'll keep you fully updated Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aberdeen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users