• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#41 Laurie

Laurie

Resident Tart

• Members
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:11 PM

That is a good initiative. More clubs should follow suit.

Although I should mention that my dad and my mate were charged £25 for the Hearts game at Tannadice on Saturday. Obviously I got in for free into the press area so can't complain personally, but it did seem quite steep for an away game there - usually a bit cheaper.

I'll paint this place maroon!

Follow me on twitter @lauriedunsire https://twitter.com/...!/lauriedunsire

#42 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:56 AM

Dundee United have signed French forward Farid El Alagui on loan from Brentford for the rest of the season, subject to international clearance.
The 28-year-old previously played in Scotland with Falkirk and his 27 goals during his one season with the Bairns led to a move to Griffin Park.
He has also played for Bergerac Football in France and Wydad and Stade Olympique Romorantinais in Morrocco.
United boss Jackie McNamara said it was the "ideal time" to sign El Alagui.
"He scores goals, has strong aerial ability and will hold the ball up and allow his fellow attackers to get involved," added the Tangerines manager.
Nadir Ciftci, David Goodwillie and Brian Graham have shared striking duties for Dundee United so far this season, but Goodwillie is due to return to parent club Blackburn Rovers this month.
El Alagui, who has scored nine goals since joining Brentford in 2012, had also attracted interest from Partick Thistle.
"We have moved quickly to secure him because there was interest from other clubs and I am delighted to sign him," McNamara explained.
"He will bring something a little different from what we have at the club and will enhance our attacking threat."

Follow @sffpodcast on Twitter and send the team a tweet

#43 Grumpy Old Man

Grumpy Old Man

Bah Humbug!

• Members
  • 10,827 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:08 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk..._medium=twitter Dundee United: Tannadice club wipes out bank debt

Dundee United have eliminated bank debt in a deal which means the club is no longer under pressure to sell players.

A bank debt of £4m has been wiped out by a group of fans who have partially paid the bank with their own funds.

United had a £3.4m term loan and a £1m overdraft, but chairman Stephen Thompson and the club's board have successfully negotiated a settlement.

The club says the deal has been possible due to the support of sympathetic investors.

BBC Scotland has learned that Thompson has worked closely with the bank in recent years to reduce the Tannadice club's debt to a level which made the settlement possible.

The club's board now feels in a position to operate the business without reliance on bank borrowings.

In recent years, the club has sold some of its key players in a bid to reduce their need for bank borrowing.

Derby County signed striker Johnny Russell from United last summer for a fee of around £750,000 and David Goodwillie was sold to Blackburn Rovers for £2m in 2011.

Midfielder Ryan Gauld, as well as defenders John Souttar and Andrew Robertson, have also been the subject of transfer speculation.

United are about to embark on a lengthy programme of community involvement, the details of which will be announced in the next few weeks, and this is supported by the investors who will now stand in place of the bank.

Good news for Utd.

When all’s said and done it’s only a game.

#44 Psychoheart

Psychoheart

aka Krys on the SFF Podcast

• 6,474 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:12 PM

Great news, hope they continue to build from their academy though.

#45 Stewart

Stewart

Veteran

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:25 PM

Don't know whats gone wrong here, the wheels seem to have come off big style..

#46 arab83

arab83

Promising Youth Player

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:03 PM

Edited by arab83, 16 February 2014 - 09:03 PM.

#47 dufunk

dufunk

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:32 AM

Find it hard to believe GMS isnt getting interest from big clubs been one of the most consistant players in the league for some time.

#48 JHR

JHR

Football Legend

• Members
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 09:45 PM

Dundee United manager Jackie McNamara has signed a one-year contract extension at Tannadice.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/26332382

#49 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:33 PM

Dundee United have signed striker Mario Bilate on a two-year deal, subject to international clearance.

The 23-year-old Russian-born Dutch citizen arrives from Sparta Rotterdam after three seasons at Het Kasteel.

"He will bring a different dimension to our attack," manager Jackie McNamara told theclub website. (external)

"He is strong, tall and quick and is at the right age to progress his career. Mario knows the players are developing here and wants to be part of that."

United, who finished fourth in the Scottish Premiership last season, have sold Ryan Gauld to Sporting Lisbon this summer and lost defender Gavin Gunning under freedom of contract.

Bilate joins new defensive recruits Jaroslaw Fojut and Callum Morris, while Scottish youngsters Charlie Telfer and Blair Spittal have also arrived to bolster McNamara's playing pool.

"We want the club to grow continually and with this signing we have enhanced our squad and improved our striking options," added the Tannadice manager.

From BBC Sport

#50 Grumpy Old Man

Grumpy Old Man

Bah Humbug!

• Members
  • 10,827 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:13 PM

Jim Spence ‏@bbcjimspence  18m

Dundee Utd rejected an approach to buy the club from an investor in England. more from me on @BBCSportsound @bbckennymac 810mw at 6.10pm

When all’s said and done it’s only a game.

#51 Stuart Sutherland

Stuart Sutherland

Veteran

• Members
  • 840 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:07 AM

Query:- what has the money Dundee united got for selling Ryan Gauld been spent on exactly?

#52 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,394 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:02 AM

Query:- what has the money Dundee united got for selling Ryan Gauld been spent on exactly?

United used to have a fair amount of debt, but they have either wiped it all out, or reduced it drastically. It's not exciting, but its probably how clubs should be run. 

#53 Stewart

Stewart

Veteran

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:28 AM

They say their debt is clear, if so good luck to them as long as we give them 2 gubbings this month  :razz:

#54 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,394 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 11:13 AM

United have had a £200k bid for Wigan's Billy McKay accepted. http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/34074171

#55 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 03:55 PM

Betting suspended on next manager with John Hughes expected to get job.

He only has 6 months of his contract left.

#56 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 11:36 AM

It appears that Mixu is now getting the job.

#57 Hunterian

Hunterian

Veteran

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 08:11 PM

Mix u Paatelainen what a fucking signing!

#58 Hunterian

Hunterian

Veteran

• 1,304 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 08:14 PM

Betting suspended on next manager with John Hughes expected to get job.
He only has 6 months of his contract left.

Hughes has made the right choice. Brewster, Patterson and Butcher all sank after their ego's took over. It's that saying about the grass being greener....

Mixu should do OK but could you work with the Chairman?

Edited by Hunterian, 13 October 2015 - 08:18 PM.

#59 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,394 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:37 PM

It looks like Eiji Kawashima is on his way to the club after Mixu announced that they have agreed terms. It's all down to a work permit, which should be straightforward considering he has over 70 caps for Japan. I must have seen him play for his country, but I can't specifically remember him.

#60 thefootygaffa

thefootygaffa

Football Legend

• 17,877 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:42 PM

It looks like Eiji Kawashima is on his way to the club after Mixu announced that they have agreed terms. It's all down to a work permit, which should be straightforward considering he has over 70 caps for Japan. I must have seen him play for his country, but I can't specifically remember him.

he's a big tall Japanese looking guy!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dundee united

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users