• Please log in to reply
435 replies to this topic

#21 boyle1875

boyle1875

Veteran

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:08 PM

Wish I had a comeback for that photo but sadly I do not. I cannot explain my clubs clearly embaressing 'run' (can it be called a run when it spans over 2 centuries) in this competition. I personally think there is a conspiracy ;)

21/05/2016 

#22 boyle1875

boyle1875

Veteran

• 1,253 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:19 PM

Wish I had a comeback to that photo but I do not. I cannot explain my clubs clearly embaressing run (can it be called a run when it spans 2 centuries) in that competition. I personally believe its part of some conspiracy ;)

21/05/2016 

#23 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,898 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:47 PM

Boyle said:

I personally believe its part of some conspiracy ;)

I agree Boyle..I also would venture that yer as paranoid as yer east end cousins... :P

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#24 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,898 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:28 AM

Just read this this morning...I don't know if it has been mentioned before. Regards the Motherwell v Hibs game that was abandoned - The goal doesn't stand and the game has to be replayed...however a player (can't recall from which side) was booked but the booking stands. So a game (& the goal) has been stricken from the records but a foul resulting in a booking still stands? What a friggin' nonsense!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#25 Grumpy Old Man

Grumpy Old Man

Bah Humbug!

• Members
  • 10,827 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:03 AM

Just read this this morning...I don't know if it has been mentioned before. Regards the Motherwell v Hibs game that was abandoned - The goal doesn't stand and the game has to be replayed...however a player (can't recall from which side) was booked but the booking stands. So a game (& the goal) has been stricken from the records but a foul resulting in a booking still stands? What a friggin' nonsense!

I'm not 100% sure what the rules are on this or if they differ from country to country but there was a Spanish game between Granada & Mallorca cancelled a couple of weeks ago after one of the linesmen was hit by an umbrella an hour into the match. Granada were 2-1 up at the time and I've read since that the remaining 30 mins will be played behind closed doors and the scoreline will stand.
When all’s said and done it’s only a game.

#26 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:11 AM

I'm not 100% sure what the rules are on this or if they differ from country to country but there was a Spanish game between Granada & Mallorca cancelled a couple of weeks ago after one of the linesmen was hit by an umbrella an hour into the match. Granada were 2-1 up at the time and I've read since that the remaining 30 mins will be played behind closed doors and the scoreline will stand.

So there is a precedent, Hibs legal people should get on the case after all it ain't that often it happens (and yes as an Aberdeen fan I am jealous) In second thoughts maybe they shouldnt as that doesn't help Aberdeen :oops:

#27 boyle1875

boyle1875

Veteran

• 1,253 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:48 PM

The player is leigh griffiths. It doesnt make much sense that the score is wiped but cards stand. However IF he had been sent of for a dangerous tackle that had resulted in an injury then by all means the card should stand but for a yellow to still stand is just stupid. Once again a wee bit of common sense is all it takes in situations like these, but yet again those in charge of the game cant seem to grasp that concept. Will they ever learn?

21/05/2016 

#28 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,898 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:59 PM

The player is leigh griffiths. It doesnt make much sense that the score is wiped but cards stand. However IF he had been sent of for a dangerous tackle that had resulted in an injury then by all means the card should stand but for a yellow to still stand is just stupid. Once again a wee bit of common sense is all it takes in situations like these, but yet again those in charge of the game cant seem to grasp that concept. Will they ever learn?

I disagree Boyle...the game has for all reasons been wiped off the record so why should ANY infringement still stand? What if it had have been a dangerous tackle that DIDN'T cause injury? Nup..for me ALL official incidents should be wiped.

#29 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:07 AM

Junior Agogo and Matt Thornhill have reportedly been told they can leave.

The club have been linked with a move for Lithuanian midfielder Mindaugas Kalonas.

Follow @sffpodcast on Twitter and send the team a tweet

#30 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,898 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:10 AM

Junior Agogo and Matt Thornhill have reportedly been told they can leave.

The club have been linked with a move for Lithuanian midfielder Mindaugas Kalonas.

Junior can GOGOGO.

Kalonas?....I hope his agent isny a relative of The Impaler!

#31 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:13 AM

Is that the case in all leagues aprt from Scotland?

#32 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,898 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:20 AM

Is that the case in all leagues aprt from Scotland?

Sorry, am no sure what ye mean?

#33 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:32 AM

Sorry, am no sure what ye mean?

The situation of the booking still standing, is that the case in other leagues too if a match is abandoned?

#34 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,898 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 09:35 AM

The situation of the booking still standing, is that the case in other leagues too if a match is abandoned?

I couldn't say mate...Just incomprehensible to me.

#35 Laurie

Laurie

Resident Tart

• Members
  • 9,795 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:21 PM

Hibernian have taken Sligo Rovers defender Iarfhlaith Davoren on trial.

The left back will train with Pat Fenlon’s team in a bid to win a deal with the Easter Road side.

Davoren joined Sligo in 2010, having played for Galway United, Athlone Town and Longford Town.

The 25-year-old has represented Ireland at university level.

I'll paint this place maroon!

Follow me on twitter @lauriedunsire https://twitter.com/...!/lauriedunsire

#36 boyle1875

boyle1875

Veteran

• 1,253 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:22 PM

The Spanish league has a different set up to ours regarding abandoned games. They continue from whenever the game was abandoned with the scores standing, not sure bout cards but I guess they stand aswell.
I see where you are coming from blackdog but IF one of your players was injured by say a sellic player an they were badly hurt would you not want them punishd for it?

Junior IGOSLOW can bolt as can Thornhill. Both a tremendous waste IMO.

21/05/2016 

#37 hayza

hayza

Veteran

• Banned
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:35 PM

Best of luck for the weekend Boyle....and then keep it up the league needs a strong Hibs and Fenlon may just be the kiddie to turn it around given some time and a few bob(nap).

#38 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,898 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:39 PM

The Spanish league has a different set up to ours regarding abandoned games. They continue from whenever the game was abandoned with the scores standing, not sure bout cards but I guess they stand aswell.
I see where you are coming from blackdog but IF one of your players was injured by say a sellic player an they were badly hurt would you not want them punishd for it?

Junior IGOSLOW can bolt as can Thornhill. Both a tremendous waste IMO.

I can only hope ye believe me when I say that what I previously mentioned should imo stand for every club mate irrespective of who is playing who.

#39 boyle1875

boyle1875

Veteran

• 1,253 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:45 PM

Fair do's. Just hoping this wont come back an bite us in the arse. If it does thn u can bet i will change my views on the matter lol.

21/05/2016 

#40 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,898 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:56 PM

Fair do's. Just hoping this wont come back an bite us in the arse. If it does thn u can bet i will change my views on the matter lol.

Knowing your lot it probably will mate.....Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users