• Please log in to reply
435 replies to this topic

#41 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:28 PM

Hibs have signed striker Eoin Doyle on a 18 month contract.

The player arrives from Sligo Rovers and scored 25 goals for the club last season.

Follow @sffpodcast on Twitter and send the team a tweet

#42 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 10:58 PM

Hibs have signed striker Eoin Doyle on a 18 month contract.

The player arrives from Sligo Rovers and scored 25 goals for the club last season.

could be a good aquisition although surely a defender or two, or three or four :oops: should be a priority

#43 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 12:01 AM

could be a good aquisition although surely a defender or two, or three or four should be a priority

They are maybe trying to go for the method of not caring how many they concede as they will score more. Aberdeen were rumoured to be interested in player.

#44 boyle1875

boyle1875

Veteran

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:32 AM

Unknown so will have to reserve judgement till I see him play. I have complete faith in fenlon (for now :twisted: ). Granted our defence has been a shambles this season but in the two full games fenlon has been in charge of we have only conceaded 1 pen, a corner and a dive. Over all I think our defence is getting better an fenlon seems to know how to motivate them so they play more as a unit. Signing a striker seems to be a priorty as we haven't scored in 2 games and Griffiths loan ends in jan, not to mention O'connor has been poor for the last couple months.

21/05/2016 

#45 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:41 AM

I wonder whether more Irish players may sign next month?

There are already a good few Northern Irish managers and there has been a fair bit of success with players who have signed previously. It's quite possibly a market that clubs should be looking at more.

#46 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:15 PM

Hibs have agreed a deal with midfielder Victor Palsson so that he can leave the club by mutual consent.

#47 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:10 AM

Reports suggest Junior Agogo, Akpo Sodje, Matt Thornhill and Sean Welsh are free to leave the club.

#48 johnarob

johnarob

Football Legend

• Members
  • 18,803 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:25 AM

Fenlon starting his clear-out....wouldnt be surprised to see a cpl of league of ireland players arrive this month

#49 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:29 AM

Fenlon starting his clear-out....wouldnt be surprised to see a cpl of league of ireland players arrive this month

I'm expecting that too. The standard is probably not far off SPL.

#50 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:20 PM

Hibs have signed centre back James McPake on loan from Coventry and midfielder Tom Soares from Stoke.

#51 JHR

JHR

Football Legend

• Members
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:17 PM

Fenlon's poor start @ Easter Road continues... Hibs crash to a four nil defeat @ Ibrox !!

Has Fenlon got any anwers on how to revive his new team ?

#52 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:22 PM

Fenlon's poor start @ Easter Road continues... Hibs crash to a four nil defeat @ Ibrox !!

Has Fenlon got any anwers on how to revive his new team ?

I predicted a defeat, but 4-0 is pretty poor stuff

#53 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 01:51 PM

South African midfielder Matthew Pattison has started a trial period at Hibernian after missing out on a deal with Leeds United.

The former Newcastle midfielder is currently contracted to Mamelodi Sundowns in his homeland but has been given permission to join up with the Easter Road side.

Pattison will play for the capital club in a bounce game against Carlisle United today (Monday) as Pat Fenlon continues to reshape his squad.

The 25-year-old had hoped to win a contract at Elland Road last week but manager Simon Grayson confirmed he wouldn’t be offering the combative player a deal.

Now he has sets his sights on trying to earn a move to the SPL.

A statement from Mamelodi Sundowns read: “Matthew Pattison will continue with his quest for a contract in the UK following an indication that he may not be offered a contract by Leeds United.

“The Mamelodi Sundowns midfielder will now go to Scottish outfit Hibernian, where he will feature in trials and a game on January 30. Mamelodi Sundowns have given consent for the trials.

“Pattison played in two matches for Leeds, and scored a goal in each, giving rise to hopes that he would be offered a contract. But Leeds have indicated that they were not going to offer him a contract.”

After starting his career at Newcastle, Pattison joined Norwich City before returning home to Mamelodi in 2009.

Taken from stv sport

#54 boyle1875

boyle1875

Veteran

• 1,253 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:12 PM

Seen this pattison guy from somewhere (Newcastle?) an I think he could well be a player. Sadly its a new defence we need. But in PF we trust.

21/05/2016 

#55 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:43 PM

Seen this pattison guy from somewhere (Newcastle?) an I think he could well be a player. Sadly its a new defence we need. But in PF we trust.

The clue might be former Newcastle midfielder ha

#56 boyle1875

boyle1875

Veteran

• 1,253 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:26 PM

I don't think it was Newcastle I saw him play for tho but im tryin to convince myself it was. Played in a bounce game today an apparently it ended up 1-1 bt dunno who scord or how the trialists played.

21/05/2016 

#57 JHR

JHR

Football Legend

• Members
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:12 PM

Boyle what is Fenlon's record simce he was appointed ?

How long has he been in situ ?

My guess is that he has done little to improve the league position. That said he inherited a team in turmoil. Calderwood was a flop, achieved nothing - agreed ?

Fenlon is the 9th manager since 2001 ? Must be a SPL record. The club have sold numerous players for big money over the last few years, Brown, Thomson, Whittaker come to mind. Very little has been reinvested in the playing side.

Where do Hibs go from here.?

#58 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,307 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:36 PM

http://sport.stv.tv/...hibernian-move/
Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#59 JHR

JHR

Football Legend

• Members
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:48 PM

http://sport.stv.tv/...hibernian-move/

Yes saw that earlier, he must be keen :roll:

#60 boyle1875

boyle1875

Veteran

• 1,253 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:01 AM

PFs record is pretty poor only 1 league win since he came but we have been unlucky on a few occasions an as they say u can only piss with the cock uve got... Our squad is extremly weak especially at the back an that's why we haven't improved, at least results wise. Once PF gets his squad together I think we will b ok.

21/05/2016 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users