Attendances

987 replies to this topic

#1 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:10 PM

I thought I'd start a thread on attendances to see how they are this season without Rangers.

Celtic v Aberdeen 48,251
Hearts v St Johnstone 13,022
Kilmarnock v Dundee 6,523
Ross County v Motherwell 4,828
St Mirren v Inverness 4,104

Follow @sffpodcast on Twitter and send the team a tweet

#2 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 65,699 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:33 PM

I thought I'd start a thread on attendances to see how they are this season without Rangers.

Celtic v Aberdeen 48,251
Hearts v St Johnstone 13,022
Kilmarnock v Dundee 6,523
Ross County v Motherwell 4,828
St Mirren v Inverness 4,104

Thought Killie and St Mirren would have got more than that especially wi it being the first game of the season.

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#3 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:40 PM

Thought Killie and St Mirren would have got more than that especially wi it being the first game of the season.

Aye, I would have thought the same. Crowd at Ross County was impressive as I believe stadium is larger than Dingwall. Jock might be able to confirm.

#4 Guest_Goanjock_*

Guest_Goanjock_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:45 PM

Aye, I would have thought the same. Crowd at Ross County was impressive as I believe stadium is larger than Dingwall. Jock might be able to confirm.

The stadium's capacity larger than the town but Ross County isn't a just a Dingwall club but very much a County club for the whole of Ross-shire........people travel from all over the County to matches 8-)

#5 JHR

JHR

Football Legend

• Members
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:46 PM

Good idea Jay..

Celtic Park Capacity = 60832..... 48251 attendance 4 Aug
Tynecastle Capacity = 17420......13022 attendance 4 Aug
Rugby Park Capacity = 18128.... 6532 attendance 4 Aug
Victoria Park Capacity = 6000.... 4828 attendance 4 Aug
St Mirren Park Capacity = 8032.. 4104 attendance 4 Aug

Good figures for the first games in the new season ? Not quite "sell out Saturday"

Thought more would have been at Celtic Park !!

#6 Guest_Goanjock_*

Guest_Goanjock_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:50 PM

The atmosphere at County yesterday was fantastic and I must admit to having a lump in my throat at the start :oops:

p.s. reference Parkhead......a lot of season ticket holders will still be on summer holidays until the schools go back.

#7 JHR

JHR

Football Legend

• Members
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:53 PM

The atmosphere at County yesterday was fantastic and I must admit to having a lump in my throat at the start :oops:

p.s. reference Parkhead......a lot of season ticket holders will still be on summer holidays until the schools go back.

.a lot of season ticket holders will still be on summer holidays until the schools go back.... excuses excuses :twisted: :evil:

#8 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 65,699 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:55 PM

They canny aw be mams Jock.... ;)

Glad ye enjoyed the County mate....

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#9 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:57 PM

Good idea Jay..

Celtic Park Capacity = 60832..... 48251 attendance 4 Aug
Tynecastle Capacity = 17420......13022 attendance 4 Aug
Rugby Park Capacity = 18128.... 6532 attendance 4 Aug
Victoria Park Capacity = 6000.... 4828 attendance 4 Aug
St Mirren Park Capacity = 8032.. 4104 attendance 4 Aug

Good figures for the first games in the new season ? Not quite "sell out Saturday"

Thought more would have been at Celtic Park !!

Thanks JHR. I think Hearts and Ross County will be pleased. I'm hopeful of a large crowd at Pittodrie next week.

Craig, could you maybe make this a sticky and I'll update this every week?

#10 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:04 PM

Thanks JHR. I think Hearts and Ross County will be pleased. I'm hopeful of a large crowd at Pittodrie next week.

Craig, could you maybe make this a sticky and I'll update this every week?

Good idea jaybee, I remember hearing there was extreme weather on the way to Rugby Park, flash floods and the like, could have affected the attendance, summer hols could be a factor too, I would certainly have expected more for flag day at Celtic Park, lets see as the weeks go on

#11 Guest_Goanjock_*

Guest_Goanjock_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:04 PM

They canny aw be mams Jock.... ;)

Glad ye enjoyed the County mate....

But Dad's go on holiday too lol (I meant away on holiday ;-) ) ..........now when does you league season start lol.....just kidding as Jock runs for cover :-)

#12 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:12 PM

Good idea jaybee, I remember hearing there was extreme weather on the way to Rugby Park, flash floods and the like, could have affected the attendance, summer hols could be a factor too, I would certainly have expected more for flag day at Celtic Park, lets see as the weeks go on

My mate from work who supports Killie reckons a lot of their fans are not happy with their chairman. Shiels comments won't have helped as he reckons reconstruction required to help Rangers get back to SPL quicker.

#13 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:13 PM

But Dad's go on holiday too lol (I meant away on holiday ;-) ) ..........now when does you league season start lol.....just kidding as Jock runs for cover :-)

Watch oot Jock, 'The Rangers' mafia will be after ye :razz:

#14 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 65,699 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:13 PM

:lol:

#15 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 65,699 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:15 PM

My mate from work who supports Killie reckons a lot of their fans are not happy with their chairman. Shiels comments won't have helped as he reckons reconstruction required to help Rangers get back to SPL quicker.

Where is aw this comin' from? This must be a non starter and surely the authorities MUST realise that? After what has gone on, do they have e friggin' death wish?

#16 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:15 PM

Aye his comments have been ill advised in the current climate, he could have waited a bit before opening his mouth, fair play to him I suppose in saying it as he felt it and being one of the first chairman to stick their heads over the parapet so to speak and give an opinion on if Rangers should have been allowed in

#17 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 36,772 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

100 thousand at CP in 3 days, not bad.

Das it mane , Das it.

#18 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:28 PM

Where is aw this comin' from? This must be a non starter and surely the authorities MUST realise that? After what has gone on, do they have e friggin' death wish?

It's been in the papers this weekend. I think reconstruction will happen and may be one of best things to arise from what has happened at Rangers.

#19 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 65,699 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:37 PM

It's been in the papers this weekend. I think reconstruction will happen and may be one of best things to arise from what has happened at Rangers.

Not if it means pushing Gers upwards for no ther reason than that imo.

#20 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:41 PM

If anyone knows attendance for today please add it to opening post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users