1017 replies to this topic

#21 SDougan1990

SDougan1990

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:42 PM

Thought Killie and St Mirren would have got more than that especially wi it being the first game of the season.

I think Killie may have gotten less because of there chairmans stance on Rangers. petty i know but I do know season tickets were returned because Michael Johnson didn't say no. Fans need to be careful they could wipe out there own club, and even as an Ayr fan i don't want to see anyone go bust but Killie fans need to get over the decision and start coming through the gate or they are in huge trouble

#22 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:46 PM

I think Killie may have gotten less because of there chairmans stance on Rangers. petty i know but I do know season tickets were returned because Michael Johnson didn't say no. Fans need to be careful they could wipe out there own club, and even as an Ayr fan i don't want to see anyone go bust but Killie fans need to get over the decision and start coming through the gate or they are in huge trouble

Totally agree with you, they may dosagree with the chairman but the vote went their way, Killie has ion recent seasons struggked financially, time for the fans to get behind this new SPL set up minus Rangers as other fans of other clubs seem to have done or else...................

#23 SDougan1990

SDougan1990

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

Totally agree with you, they may dosagree with the chairman but the vote went their way, Killie has ion recent seasons struggked financially, time for the fans to get behind this new SPL set up minus Rangers as other fans of other clubs seem to have done or else...................

Absolutely i'm not agreeing with the chairman over what happened or even agreeing if he took the right stance but at the end of the day Kilmarnock are a club in huge financial trouble, I think its over 10million debt for a relatively small club, so the fans are really hurting there own club and i personally believe they could be the SPL Club most likely not to be around come May sadly

#24 JHR

JHR

Football Legend

• Members
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:51 PM

as other fans of other clubs seem to have done or else... but not a "sellout Saturday"

1st games of the season !
Pretty decent weather !
Good competitive fixtures !

#25 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:53 PM

Absolutely i'm not agreeing with the chairman over what happened or even agreeing if he took the right stance but at the end of the day Kilmarnock are a club in huge financial trouble, I think its over 10million debt for a relatively small club, so the fans are really hurting there own club and i personally believe they could be the SPL Club most likely not to be around come May sadly

Yes I hope that no clubs do go to the wall, it will give certain people a bit of satisfaction

#26 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 69,422 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:53 PM

And THAT is very frightening and shows the mind set of these particular fans.

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#27 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:54 PM

as other fans of other clubs seem to have done or else... but not a "sellout Saturday"

Pretty decent weather !

As I said already, possible mitigating circumstances ie hols, and it's early days, believe me I'm making no excuses for fans here, if they don't rise up to support their teams as they promised I will be the first to point it out and remark on it

#28 JHR

JHR

Football Legend

• Members
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:55 PM

Yes I hope that no clubs do go to the wall, it will give certain people a bit of satisfaction

Not understanding what you are getting at here sheepy.....are you saying that if no club goes to the wall folks will be satisfied.. or hinting at something else

#29 SDougan1990

SDougan1990

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:59 PM

If there are any Kilmarnock fans out there I would love to hear your opinion on the attendance/chairman, If you were behind your chairman or against his stance and what impact you personally think that had on yesterdays gate

#30 Equilibrium

Equilibrium

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:00 PM

I thought I'd start a thread on attendances to see how they are this season without Rangers.

2011/12 Average
Celtic v Aberdeen 48,251 50,904
Hearts v St Johnstone 13,022 13,381
Kilmarnock v Dundee 6,523 5,537
Ross County v Motherwell 4,828 2,873
St Mirren v Inverness 4,104 4,492

2011/12 Average Attendances according to ESPN.

So much for Sell Out Saturday, and the fans stepping up to fill the financial gap caused by Rangers' absence. Ross County aside, the only team with an attendance that beat their average from last season was Killie.

Good job the SFL and Rangers agreed to the joint TV deal with the SPL.

#31 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,042 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:03 PM

So much for Sell Out Saturday, and the fans stepping up to fill the financial gap caused by Rangers' absence. Ross County aside, the only team with an attendance that beat their average from last season was Killie.

not a big diff, pretty good, and hopefully these continue

plus it would be better to tell after a few games when everyone has played home and away

Edited by hoopz, 05 August 2012 - 11:04 PM.

Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#32 jimmy gomis

jimmy gomis

United til I die.

• Members
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:15 PM

Rangers leaving the SPL was never going to make a massive difference on the average attendances at the provincial clubs this season. I don't understand why people thought it would drastically change. I also don't remember hearing about any promises from fans that they were going to start coming to more games just because Rangers weren't there. The chairmen would like that, yes, but they've been dreaming of that for years before the demise of Rangers anyway. It's status quo as far as I can see.

Rangers leaving the SPL also didn't magically change the amount of disposable cash folk have for things like football etc - a major reason a lot of people can't afford to go to the games in the first place.

#33 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 17,985 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:30 PM

I thought I'd start a thread on attendances to see how they are this season without Rangers.

Celtic v Aberdeen 48,251
Hearts v St Johnstone 13,022
Kilmarnock v Dundee 6,523
Ross County v Motherwell 4,828
St Mirren v Inverness 4,104

Perhaps be more meaningful if we had the figures for the equivalent games last season?

Drogon%20.gif?_subject_uid=33500869&raw=

#34 Equilibrium

Equilibrium

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:30 AM

Rangers leaving the SPL was never going to make a massive difference on the average attendances at the provincial clubs this season. I don't understand why people thought it would drastically change... It's status quo as far as I can see.

Rangers leaving the SPL also didn't magically change the amount of disposable cash folk have for things like football etc - a major reason a lot of people can't afford to go to the games in the first place.

That's exactly what I've thought all summer.

However, I've read numerous things, particularly around the height of the, 'we don't need Rangers' outpouring when they were voted into SFL3, about Sell Out Saturday, Bring a Mate to the Match, and other fans campaigns to try to boost attendances, the Chairmen making empassioned pleas to their supporters to buy more season tickets, and fans saying how no Rangers in the SPL would make it more competitive and a better product to watch. So the point I was making was that despite all that hyperbole of a few weeks ago, on Day One, when fans are so excited to see football back, and the first chance to demonstrate that they thought SPL life was better without Rangers, it was a bit of a damp squib.

I expect all SPL clubs, with the exception of Ross County and Dundee, will have lower average attendance figures this season.

#35 bripod

bripod

Hall Of Fame

• Members
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:02 AM

Happy to make a charity bet that the Dons average will be up on last seasons.
#lovingarmageddon

#36 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:08 AM

Happy to make a charity bet that the Dons average will be up on last seasons.

Good call Bripod, it is futile to lump all the clubs in one hat, Aberdeen have had problems for years that have nothing to do with Rangers, last season was a particularly sore one attendance wise, there is no fear the attendances at Todders will be better, they could hardly be worse!!

As for the other clubs well that is for them, as I have already said holidays could well have been a factor, in any case the figures are hardly the doom and gloom some have predicted

for some folk to make a judgement on the SPL after one game is laughable beyond reason

#37 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:11 AM

Not understanding what you are getting at here sheepy.....are you saying that if no club goes to the wall folks will be satisfied.. or hinting at something else

Sorry that was supposed to be

Yes I hope no clubs go to the wall this season, there are some out there and one or two on this forum that would take some satisfaction if that were to be the case

#38 Equilibrium

Equilibrium

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:20 AM

Good call Bripod, it is futile to lump all the clubs in one hat, Aberdeen have had problems for years that have nothing to do with Rangers, last season was a particularly sore one attendance wise, there is no fear the attendances at Todders will be better, they could hardly be worse!!

As for the other clubs well that is for them, as I have already said holidays could well have been a factor, in any case the figures are hardly the doom and gloom some have predicted

for some folk to make a judgement on the SPL after one game is laughable beyond reason

You're missing my point sheep. I'm not making a judgement about the SPL, I'm commenting on the lack of response from fans who were supposedly going to turn out in droves to either support their club financially, or to watch a better sporting event.

#39 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,382 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:22 AM

The atmosphere at County yesterday was fantastic and I must admit to having a lump in my throat at the start :oops:

p.s. reference Parkhead......a lot of season ticket holders will still be on summer holidays until the schools go back.

Season tickets are included in the attendance figures, whether they are there or not.

Pretty decent weather !

sellout saturday is this coming saturday.

#40 sheeptastic

sheeptastic

Football Legend

• Members
  • 19,658 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:27 AM

You're missing my point sheep. I'm not making a judgement about the SPL, I'm commenting on the lack of response from fans who were supposedly going to turn out in droves to either support their club financially, or to watch a better sporting event.

And you are missing my point, it is one game in, its the holidays and sell out Saturday is this Saturday, these kind of assertions should surely be made after a few weeks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yandex (1)