• Please log in to reply
1017 replies to this topic

#41 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,391 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:33 AM

This may, or may not, tell us much about the opening day's attendances, but here are some historical ones. I didnt bother going further back, because I wasnt sure how beneficial it would be. I didnt bother looking at Ross County. Most recent season comes first.

Celtic

Hearts

Kilmarnock

St Mirren

#42 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,391 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:34 AM

Thanks JHR. I think Hearts and Ross County will be pleased. I'm hopeful of a large crowd at Pittodrie next week.

Craig, could you maybe make this a sticky and I'll update this every week?

Why not put the attendances in a google spreadsheet and include a link to that? You can make it a web page quite easily.

It has been stickied.

#43 Equilibrium

Equilibrium

First Team Regular

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:43 AM

And you are missing my point, it is one game in, its the holidays and sell out Saturday is this Saturday, these kind of assertions should surely be made after a few weeks

I wasn't making any assertions. I was comparing the attendances with last season's averages, and offering my opinion that average attendances will be down.

And I totally get your point, it's to early to say how things will pan out. I'm simply commenting that the average SPL punter's view in recent weeks appears to have been that this season will be a brand new era for Scottish Football, better quality sport on offer, more competitive league, more income from fans so clubs are less reliant on TV money in future. And we've been expecting big things in terms of attendances. But not the first week, because the fans are on their holidays. But they'll definitely be there next week, probably.

#44 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:01 PM

Why not put the attendances in a google spreadsheet and include a link to that? You can make it a web page quite easily.

It has been stickied.

I'm not entirely sure how to do that but I'll maybe give it a go.

Follow @sffpodcast on Twitter and send the team a tweet

#45 bripod

bripod

Hall Of Fame

• Members
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:42 PM

You're missing my point sheep. I'm not making a judgement about the SPL, I'm commenting on the lack of response from fans who were supposedly going to turn out in droves to either support their club financially, or to watch a better sporting event.

Well you can judge 6 clubs for their home attendance, by all means Dundee had a lot down at Killie and I've never seen us take so many to Parkhead in many a time.

Compare after this weekend.
#lovingarmageddon

#46 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 70,541 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:47 PM

This may, or may not, tell us much about the opening day's attendances, but here are some historical ones. I didnt bother going further back, because I wasnt sure how beneficial it would be. I didnt bother looking at Ross County. Most recent season comes first.

Celtic

Hearts

Kilmarnock

St Mirren

Downward spiral for Hearts & St Mirren with Killie up? Surprised at Hearts to be honest.

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#47 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,391 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

Downward spiral for Hearts & St Mirren with Killie up? Surprised at Hearts to be honest.

yet many have said that killie fans are unhappy with their regime

#48 jaybee

jaybee

The Don

• Members
  • 30,370 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:01 PM

yet many have said that killie fans are unhappy with their regime

I think Killie benefitted from away support being so big.

Follow @sffpodcast on Twitter and send the team a tweet

#49 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,271 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:13 PM

I'm not entirely sure how to do that but I'll maybe give it a go.

Easiest way would be to use Dropbox and save the spreadsheet in the Public folder.

Google Sites is another possibility.

Edited by Hairy Scot, 06 August 2012 - 04:14 PM.

Shit Creek

#50 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,391 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:27 PM

Easiest way would be to use Dropbox and save the spreadsheet in the Public folder.

Google Sites is another possibility.

in google, you can create a spreadsheet and make it publicly viewable as a webpage. The webpage is always up to date. Dropbox is another way of doing it, but I dont think that creates a webpage, and is just a download.

#51 douglasta

douglasta

Brazil Correspondent!

• Members
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:30 PM

My mate from work who supports Killie reckons a lot of their fans are not happy with their chairman. Shiels comments won't have helped as he reckons reconstruction required to help Rangers get back to SPL quicker.

Highly ironic that after the SPL club fans have constantly whinged about the Rangers fans threatening to boycott their grounds for voting "no". Seems it's fine to bycott your own club though because they would have preferred to vote "yes"!?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
-----------------CORINTHIANS - Eterna paixão----------------- ...................2012 COPA LIBERTADORES & FIFA WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONS 

#52 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot

There can be only one.

• 18,271 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:34 PM

in google, you can create a spreadsheet and make it publicly viewable as a webpage. The webpage is always up to date. Dropbox is another way of doing it, but I dont think that creates a webpage, and is just a download.

True.

Just offering alternatives.

I think either way you have to save the file as HTML since not everyone may have the necessary application.
Shit Creek

#53 bripod

bripod

Hall Of Fame

• Members
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:19 PM

Highly ironic that after the SPL club fans have constantly whinged about the Rangers fans threatening to boycott their grounds for voting "no"

Never seen this at all, never mind constantly.

I've seen the attitudes questioned of those who openly say they want certain SPL clubs to go bust out of spite, but I don't think the threat of boycotts from Rangers fans is as big an issue as you think,
#lovingarmageddon

#54 bripod

bripod

Hall Of Fame

• Members
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:36 PM

Here's another comparison.

Celtic v Aberdeen - 23/10/2011 - 49,037
Celtic v Aberdeen - 4/8/2012 - 48,251 (on TV and bigger AFC support second time around than first time)

Dundee United v Hibs - 24/12/2011 - 8,168
Dundee United v Hibs - 5/8/2012- 7,267 (on TV)

Hearts v St Johnstone 3/12/2011 - 12,815
Hearts v St Johnstone 6/5/2012 - 12,543
Hearts v St Johnstone - 4/8/2012 - 13,022

St Mirren v ICT - 3/12/2011 - 3,675
St Mirren v ICT - 5/8/2012- 3,540
St Mirren v ICT - 4/8/2012 - 4,104

Fairly inconclusive over the piece, I get why some are desperate to prove the SPL attendances will be down but it'll take time one way or another - interesting to see what the comings week tell us (New Rangers attendances also given Div 3 is what the fans claim to have wanted) and especially the Dons attendance - maybe we'll buck the trend and sell significantly more than we did for our first home game last season (10,001)
#lovingarmageddon

#55 JHR

JHR

Football Legend

• Members
  • 6,289 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:48 PM

Going to be a few weeks / months before we can determine exactly what is happening...
A number of factors will come into play... team performance, weather, competitive games.

#56 douglasta

douglasta

Brazil Correspondent!

• Members
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:03 PM

Never seen this at all, never mind constantly.

So if you haven't read it then it is a false statement?

I was stating an opinion based on what I have read and not on your reading content so to avoid any childish pantomime style arguments I will accept the fact that you have not read as much and leave it at that.

-----------------CORINTHIANS - Eterna paixão----------------- ...................2012 COPA LIBERTADORES & FIFA WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONS 

#57 bripod

bripod

Hall Of Fame

• Members
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:25 PM

So if you haven't read it then it is a false statement?

I was stating an opinion based on what I have read and not on your reading content so to avoid any childish pantomime style arguments I will accept the fact that you have not read as much and leave it at that.

No need to get defensive, just that if it was constant whinging then it'd have been a fairly widely held opinion - which none of the fans of SPL clubs I know, none of the fans either on here or other similar sites, and none of the fans who've been quoted in newspapers have held.

But yes, it's my lack of reading and it's constant whinging, rightyo.
#lovingarmageddon

#58 douglasta

douglasta

Brazil Correspondent!

• Members
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:36 PM

No need to get defensive, just that if it was constant whinging then it'd have been a fairly widely held opinion - which none of the fans of SPL clubs I know, none of the fans either on here or other similar sites, and none of the fans who've been quoted in newspapers have held.

But yes, it's my lack of reading and it's constant whinging, rightyo.

"Oh yes they did"! (Now you)

#59 bripod

bripod

Hall Of Fame

• Members
  • 1,773 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:39 PM

"Oh yes they did"! (Now you)

Just asking you to back up where you're getting that that view is widely held by SPL fans? If there's articles you've read, blogs or whatever I'd like to see them or an example of them, nothing more sinsiter than that buddy.
#lovingarmageddon

#60 douglasta

douglasta

Brazil Correspondent!

• Members
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:28 PM

Just asking you to back up where you're getting that that view is widely held by SPL fans? If there's articles you've read, blogs or whatever I'd like to see them or an example of them, nothing more sinsiter than that buddy.

This is an interest, Bri, not my 'day job'! I've no intention of 'copy' and 'pasting' relevant posts to back up "my opinion".

I've already conceded that you may not have the same opinion as we may have read, or read into, what was written with completely different opinions.

Do you still wish to continue with the "Panto" debate?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users