1018 replies to this topic

#961 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 39,744 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 03:51 PM

you don't believe the lion story ?

No mate i take everything bicky says with a pinch a salt :)
Diehard Liberal , don't detest thon player detest thon game.

#962 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 03:55 PM

No mate i take everything bicky says with a pinch a salt :)

paisley's a den of enquity...Lion's den....

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#963 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,744 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 03:56 PM

paisley's a den of enquity...Lion's den....

Yep , its a dive.

#964 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 03:58 PM

It wasnt Paisley it was Johnstone. Guys name was Hancock and he owned the Benston Garage. 

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#965 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,744 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 04:01 PM

It wasnt Paisley it was Johnstone. Guys name was Hancock and he owned the Benston Garage.

Guy aff the telly that hosted? :D

#966 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 04:02 PM

Cant get link to open but here's a clip i found...

Driver said Leo the lion bit his backside but the big cat ... - PressReader
www.pressreader.com/uk/paisley-daily-express/20150418/.../TextView
18 Apr 2015 - He told Johnstone Burgh Court that a LION bounded up to him, jumped ... But the owner of lion cub Leo – Tom Gillespie, manager of the garage – was ... pet to run loose at Benston Service Station, in Beith Road, Johnstone.

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#967 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,744 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 04:02 PM

I only do giraffes.

#968 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 04:09 PM

Another story relating to it....

Sheldrick had the heart of a Lion
  • 00:00, 2 APR 2011
  • UPDATED  20:47, 25 OCT 2013
  • BY JEFF HOLMES
DAREDEVIL biker Sid Sheldrick will never forget the opening night at Paisley speedway.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • 3SHARES

DAREDEVIL biker Sid Sheldrick will never forget the opening night at Paisley speedway.

It was April 1975 and he was just moments away from proudly leading out the UK’s newest speedway club.

Inside Love Street, more than 6,000 people waited in eager anticipation of their new favourites, christened the Paisley Lions, taking on National League big guns Birmingham.

And then the mood in the Love Street tunnel changed.

Sid, who is now 59 and living in Lytham St Annes, recalled: “It was one of the biggest nights of my life.

“I had raced in big meetings and for England but this topped the lot. The expectancy at Love Street was massive.

“Then promoter Neil McFarlane emerged and wished us all luck.

“He then said, ‘Sid, can I have a word?’ You always worried when Neil wanted a quiet word.

“Next minute he produced a real live lion and added, ‘I thought it would be a good idea to have a lion on the opening parade of our first ever meeting’. And with that, he handed me the lead!”

That was all of 36 years ago but when we ran a story just before New Year, asking Buddies if they recalled seeing Leo the lion cub at a petrol station in 1975 in Beith Road, Johnstone, the penny dropped.

Could this be the same lion that Sid led out ‘bravely’ on opening night at Love Street?

Not that there were many lions roaming the streets of Paisley in the 1970s

Read more at http://www.dailyreco...9LhK4SHfOPP0.99

#969 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 04:09 PM

I only do giraffes.

Oh i believe you ..............

#970 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,744 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 04:12 PM

Oh i believe you ..............

I dont lie mate so thanks.

#971 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 04:31 PM

I dont lie mate so thanks.

You were caught out telling a lie during yesterdays nightmare...

#972 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,744 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 04:33 PM

You were caught out telling a lie during yesterdays nightmare...

I never lie.

You have been caught bullshitting here that many times ive lost count :lol:

You want to be seen as the guy with scoops , but they have all went tits up and made you look really silly :lol:

Scoopman haha

#973 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 04:41 PM

I never lie.

You have been caught bullshitting here that many times ive lost count :lol:

You want to be seen as the guy with scoops , but they have all went tits up and made you look really silly :lol:

Scoopman haha

I haven't been caught out doing anything ya looney. I posted that Scott Allan was signing for Rangers. Later that day Rangers made their initial bid. That came directly from Scott Allans brother. No lie. OK there was a lie from Hibs when they said before he signed his contract he could leave but that is his agents fault.

'Lost Count'  :roll:

Only yesterday during your nightmare you accused me of not naming Rangers...I had named them in my original post. Today you said i had lied about a Lion. Another nightmare from you

#974 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 04:46 PM

Love the Lion story....Growwwwlllll!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#975 Hoopz

Hoopz

Happily Dappily

• 39,744 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 04:48 PM

I haven't been caught out doing anything ya looney. I posted that Scott Allan was signing for Rangers. Later that day Rangers made their initial bid. That came directly from Scott Allans brother. No lie. OK there was a lie from Hibs when they said before he signed his contract he could leave but that is his agents fault.

'Lost Count' :roll:

Only yesterday during your nightmare you accused me of not naming Rangers...I had named them in my original post. Today you said i had lied about a Lion. Another nightmare from you

In one post you singled out celtic , dont care if mentioned the rangers once or 30 times before it , you still singled out celtic in a different post.

I think you are the looney tbf , " welcome to rangers scott " guy goes to celtic , how embarrassing.

Then the rest of the howlers you have made to try look in the know , name dropping etc

All very needy.

Thats the scoopman for ya :D

#976 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,435 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 04:51 PM

This place has been quite refreshing since Craigs post about dredging up the past and keeping old arguments on the boil, can you guys keep it friendly before this one goes off the rails................sure disagree and even have banter but keep it civil, like you are at the moment.

#977 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 04:53 PM

Before it goes off the rails? We have gone from attendances to Shagging dead giraffes to Lions as Guard Dogs. TBH Cam i am not sure we could possibly take it more off the rails  ;-)

#978 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,435 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 04:55 PM

I mean arguing and getting personal Trav,  just want to see you guys keeping it civil is what I was meaning..........I have seen these types of conversations go a certain way a number of times on here.

#979 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 04:59 PM

Aaah, the inane banter...where's Bastion ?

#980 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,972 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 05:09 PM

Before it goes off the rails? We have gone from attendances to Shagging dead giraffes to Lions as Guard Dogs. TBH Cam i am not sure we could possibly take it more off the rails  ;-)

we're sweet.....going off topic slightly can be soothing at times...giraffes, lions....aaah, the wildlife....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users