Attendances

1017 replies to this topic

#981 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 5,284 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 05:13 PM

we're sweet.....going off topic slightly can be soothing at times...giraffes, lions....aaah, the wildlife....

We havent even got on to the Globe Bar. Now that is an interesting place at times  :-D

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#982 Donald

Donald

Veteran

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 02:51 AM

Just had a nosey at this topic and it reminded me of a wee poem my dad told me called Auntie Bella

Ever since the day ma dug et Auntie Bella,

Ah've been wonderin what sort of dug ah've goat,

For it's grew up awfy big an' tawny yella'

Wi a great hairy collar roon its throat.

It wiz jist a poor wee pup on the night ah picked it up'

It wiz howlin in the dark jist alang frae Calderpark,

Now whenever people see me they shout - Lion!

But ah've never told a lie in a' ma life!

Ever since the day ma dug et Auntie Bella,

Things have happenned in a way ye'd no' belive,

Let me pat yir dug said one wee fella,

Noo he walks aboot wi' nothin up his sleeve.

When ah sign on at the buroo noo there isny any queue,

An' the clerk says don't come doon we will send yir money roon,

But whenever people see me they shout - Lion!

Cross ma heart! Ah've aye been honest a' ma life!

Since ma dug had Auntie Bella for it's dinner,

Ah've been takin' money aff they racin' mugs,

At the greyhound tracks ma Fido's aye the winner,

But the trouble is they're runnin' short o' dugs,

Once a butcher for a bet gave a sheeps heid tae ma pet,

An' ye shoulda heard him yell when it chewed his heid as well.

But whenever people see me they shout - Lion!

Ask about! Ah've been honest a' ma life!

Ever since the day poor Auntie Bella got guzzled,

A' the neebors seem tae think that ah'm tae blame,

But ah jist forgot that Fido wizny muzzled,

When ah reassured ma auntie it wiz tame,

So she let it lick her haun - an' the next thing she wiz gone' And although I miss her so - still she left me a' her dough,

But whenever people see me they shout - Lion,

Clertygawd! Ah've been honest a' ma life!

I have been in France and Spain and Portabella,

I've been moved on by the polis many times,

When it's wet I always bring ma umberella,

But I only mention that because it rhymes.

If ye think ah'm tellin' lies then yir in for a surprise,

For ma pet is ower there - jist behind that wummin's chair,

So whenever people see me and shout - Lion

I can prove I've aye been honest all ma life!

For ma pet has went and et some fella's wife!

Edited by Donald, 23 June 2016 - 02:52 AM.

#983 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 31,987 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 06:55 PM

Quick one......

Do Celtic sell out all home games?
Posted Image

For Gingers health and safety.......Please keep our mountain clear........

#984 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,170 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 07:12 PM

Rangers are back in the league......what do you think !?

#985 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 31,987 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 07:34 PM

Rangers are back in the league......what do you think !?

I think...... Yes..... maybe....?

If so and Rodgers ain't talking pish with 60,000 at CP every fortnight.

That's some turnaround from the previous couple of seasons.
Posted Image

#986 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,170 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 07:42 PM

A blind man and his dug knew Celtic Park would be full again this season, of course BR has helped but not half as much as the team in blue.

#987 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,284 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 07:17 PM

Crowds are up from the past few seasons but they are not selling out but the days of the 2000 home crowds are gone.

Crowds will probably fall slightly as this relentless procession goes on

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#988 Adam95

Adam95

Promising Youth Player

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 01:20 PM

Hi,

My name is Adam Martin, I am a 4th year sports development student at UWS and I am seeking assistance for my dissertation.

My topic is: Paying the price for supporting your team: An investigation into the effects of ticket cost and attendances at a Scottish Premiership club.

I have decided to choose Dundee FC as the club to investigate as I know that fan numbers have been affected in recent history, along with financial difficulties. My friend Mark O'Hara also plays for them so I thought he would be able to help me get in contact with relevant people if needed.

So far I am at 134 responses and need 160 so I would greatly appreciate it if you could take 5-10 minutes to fill out my questionnaire. I understand this is a Scottish football forum and I am talking specifically about Dundee, so even if you've only attended Dens Park once or twice or you want to talk generally about Scottish football then that's fine, it's just so I have more numbers.

The answers are completely anonymous and if you decide to withdraw from the study at any time, you do not have to give any reasons for doing so. This would be a great help and could possibly help with ticket pricing in the future of Scottish football.

The link to the questionnaire is- https://www.surveymo...co.uk/r/DJZ3SFN

If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me via email- B00284621@studentmail.uws.ac.uk

Thank you

#989 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,170 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:25 PM

Read recently the attendances were at the highest they havr been in 10 years this/last season.

Having been to quite a few away games I find that very hard to believe. Only 3 stadiums have been full when I visited them, 1 was Ibrox, 2 was Celtic park and the other was Tynecastle.

The rest were piss poor at turning up to support their team, Dundee being the best of a poor bunch.

#990 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 5,284 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 09:44 AM

Read recently the attendances were at the highest they havr been in 10 years this/last season.

Having been to quite a few away games I find that very hard to believe. Only 3 stadiums have been full when I visited them, 1 was Ibrox, 2 was Celtic park and the other was Tynecastle.

The rest were piss poor at turning up to support their team, Dundee being the best of a poor bunch.

Kilmarnock is the one that gets me. I remember they used to fill the bottom of the Broomloan

#991 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 31,987 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 10:08 AM

All the kids love the EPL......
Posted Image

#992 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,170 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 04:59 PM

All the kids love the EPL......

Got to ask yourself why LB, well I dont need to as it all comes back to one thing I bang on about all the time.

Same league was there when I was a lad and on TV, terrestrial so people watched the highlights on MOTD but every single person at my school and who I spoke too all watched and supported a Scottish team.

Its rammed down your throat now with SKY and is the only reason the wee guys at school know more about that league than ours.

Its another aspect if the problems with SKY and the money they give that league.......its so much more than just the disparity that it has created.

Edited by Camshy, 03 July 2017 - 05:00 PM.

#993 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 31,987 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:03 PM

Got to ask yourself why LB, well I dont need to as it all comes back to one thing I bang on about all the time.
Same league was there when I was a lad and on TV, terrestrial so people watched the highlights on MOTD but every single person at my school and who I spoke too all watched and supported a Scottish team.
Its rammed down your throat now with SKY and is the only reason the wee guys at school know more about that league than ours.
Its another aspect if the problems with SKY and the money they give that league.......its so much more than just the disparity that it has created.

Ye can only ask the kids.....

FIFA on Xbox WILL also help promote the EPL.
Posted Image

#994 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,170 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:06 PM

Yeah the games will help but with the TV money comes big wages and big players..........think Bournemouth, aye that shitty wee club, just spent £20 million on a players.
How many season tickets have they sold......sickens my chicken !!!

#995 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• 31,987 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:46 PM

:lol:
Posted Image

#996 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 68,736 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 07:33 AM

It's called progress Cam....things change & life, society will never stand still....I know at times I come over as a traditionalist but that alone will never stop change/progress. I'll give a couple of wee personal examples....when I was young mobile phones were never heard of (doubt if they had even been thought about)....all there was was phone boxes....time went on....and people started getting phones at home (shock horror) & our first one was on a shared line with another house.....time went on & we got a line of our own.....travel through the years and eventually mobile phones in progressive shapes & technology came to the fore and were accepted....you can hardly go out of the house and see just about everyone walking about staring at their phone.

Another example....again when I was young....as you said lads used to watch highlights of both Scottish & English football.....I used to constantly kick a ball about against our garden steps kidding on I was playing a real game....I even made up a team which consisted of school pals, Foreign & English players....my team was even based in Italy ffs. I loved watching English games whenever they were on & wished there were 'live' games......and eventually over the years games started to be shown live, nothing like now but it had to come due to demand. I just mention this as a couple of examples as to how life progresses and will never remain still.

The debt that clubs may find themselves in has nothing to do with Sky (or any other corporate football investor)....it is down to the individual clubs to run said clubs efficiently.

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#997 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,170 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:22 AM

Yeah sure progress, evolution or whatever we want to call it. Some are a natural progression Dug but this one is down to Sky ( good or bad ) and although you, me, we enjoy watching all football there is this negative effect the changes Sky have had.

Its dramatic and effects not only the playing side and money side of things but the whole social aspect.......have mentioned this before about losing supporters who are Scottish to English teams.....one of my biggest bug bears.

Yeah sure loads of people enjoy watching it Dug, I used to myself until the disparity became rather disgusting. Thats where I drew the line

#998 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 18,348 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:30 AM

Yeah sure progress, evolution or whatever we want to call it. Some are a natural progression Dug but this one is down to Sky ( good or bad ) and although you, me, we enjoy watching all football there is this negative effect the changes Sky have had.

Its dramatic and effects not only the playing side and money side of things but the whole social aspect.......have mentioned this before about losing supporters who are Scottish to English teams.....one of my biggest bug bears.

Yeah sure loads of people enjoy watching it Dug, I used to myself until the disparity became rather disgusting. Thats where I drew the line

Can I assume you don't have a satellite dish Cam in protest?

GettyImages-539573328.jpg

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#999 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,170 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:52 AM

Can I assume you don't have a satellite dish Cam in protest?

You would be correct but I dont see what it would matter if I did.......its Sky's influence they have over football that troubles me not so much Sky itself.

#1000 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,170 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:55 AM

I just dont like the way football i this country is Norn and its all down to the TV deals and the other issues that come with it.........I wouldnt have such a big problem if the likes of Chelsea could not spend silly money on players they will never play in the first team while paying them 15 grand or so a week having played little first team football for anyone.

So many problems that now exist that were not problems prior to billion pound deals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users