• Please log in to reply
1017 replies to this topic

#1001 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 18,640 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 11:18 AM

I just dont like the way football i this country is Norn and its all down to the TV deals and the other issues that come with it.........I wouldnt have such a big problem if the likes of Chelsea could not spend silly money on players they will never play in the first team while paying them 15 grand or so a week having played little first team football for anyone.

So many problems that now exist that were not problems prior to billion pound deals.

One thing you don't mention is the billionare sugar daddies,it started at Blackburn in the early 90's( tbf Jack Walker wasn't a billionare but had £400m and was a die hard fan) when they splashed out big money across the team,then the Ruskie took over Chelsea in 2003 and another huge layout across the team not forgetting another certain team in 2008 who were barely known outside the UK,so that too was a problem

GettyImages-539573328.jpg

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#1002 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,422 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 11:19 AM

I just dont like the way football i this country is Norn and its all down to the TV deals and the other issues that come with it.........I wouldnt have such a big problem if the likes of Chelsea could not spend silly money on players they will never play in the first team while paying them 15 grand or so a week having played little first team football for anyone.

So many problems that now exist that were not problems prior to billion pound deals.

Who is responsible for these football deals Cam....whichever country you care to mention....Is it ALL down to Sky (I see you never appear to bring BT/commercial sponsorship into the equation as having any input) ? Do you seriously believe the clubs have no input into tv deals Do you seriously believe the Football Associations have no input into these deals? Sky may pay the cash but it is the FA's/EPL/SP (as far as I know) who decide what they are willing to accept.

You are living in the dark ages my man.

tumblr_n3bgrvEUK91rerzc4o1_400.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#1003 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,422 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 11:34 AM

Yeah sure progress, evolution or whatever we want to call it. Some are a natural progression Dug but this one is down to Sky ( good or bad ) and although you, me, we enjoy watching all football there is this negative effect the changes Sky have had.

Its dramatic and effects not only the playing side and money side of things but the whole social aspect.......have mentioned this before about losing supporters who are Scottish to English teams.....one of my biggest bug bears.

Yeah sure loads of people enjoy watching it Dug, I used to myself until the disparity became rather disgusting. Thats where I drew the line

Very little material things in life (perhaps even none) are a natural progression mate. Everything is down to something (my little analogy about the phone is a clear example). Is your beef to do with the fact that England get a lot more cash than up here? Personally I just think you have an unhealthy hatred for Sky tv. We've argued the toss on numerous occasions over various points you've made and never agreed. You dislike the fact that supporters to English teams...actually I see more kids with Barca tops than English teams tops.....but that's not the point. What about families, why are kids families not taking them to a Scottish game....why don't parents say no to buying non-Scottish teams tops. I went to the football for more years than I care to remember and still watched Sky...why was I not influenced, why were the guys and lasses I went with not influenced. It is down to individual choice mate.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#1004 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 18,640 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 12:06 PM

When you see the amount of empty seats at grounds in Scotland why don't clubs offer a family of 4 a combined season ticket of say £250-300 or season tickets for kids under 16 at £50,this is where the future fan is,it will attract big crowds and enhance the atmosphere

It's better than empty seats

British Champions......33 years and counting Manchester Utd........20 times and counting

#1005 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,422 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 12:13 PM

When you see the amount of empty seats at grounds in Scotland why don't clubs offer a family of 4 a combined season ticket of say £250-300 or season tickets for kids under 16 at £50,this is where the future fan is,it will attract big crowds and enhance the atmosphere

Don't be daft Norn....they're all busy watching Sky and buying Spurs, Utd, Chelsea tops...... ;)

#1006 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,254 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 04:35 PM

Part of the reason though is directly caused by Sky as it provides the English teams with so much money to buy shed loads of players leaving clubs in Scotland scraping the barrel......I mean as a child you are easily influenced by things and who wants to see guys that are unknown when you can switch on the telly and watch superstars.

My annoyance is against Sky and he English clubs who.buy up all the talent pool with not a care in the world. They buy nkt.just one or two or even a dozen who cant and wont make the first team but 50, 60, 70 and more players on rather large sums of money......it has to stop.

#1007 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,422 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 04:42 PM

Part of the reason though is directly caused by Sky as it provides the English teams with so much money to buy shed loads of players leaving clubs in Scotland scraping the barrel......I mean as a child you are easily influenced by things and who wants to see guys that are unknown when you can switch on the telly and watch superstars.

My annoyance is against Sky and he English clubs who.buy up all the talent pool with not a care in the world. They buy nkt.just one or two or even a dozen who cant and wont make the first team but 50, 60, 70 and more players on rather large sums of money......it has to stop.

And there is the root of your hatred Cam!....

#1008 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,254 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 04:50 PM

And there is the root of your hatred Cam!....

Dug I have said right from the start my problem is created by Sky as it DIRECTLY effects the game in the country.....every single aspect of the game has been damaged by Sky.

From the quality of player in the country.......sky because the gift English teams billions for 2 decades now with more throwing in money enabling them to buy whoever, whenever.

Effects the support in this country......as I have pointed out time and again young kids are now so engrossed in the English game because its on Sky AND they have the big players thanks to you know who..sky

Effects our youth football.....losing more and more talented youngsters tempted by the money down south and thry usually fail as percentages work against many a young player down there.

Just so many aspects that it has now crossed over too Dug and NO ONE can deny this is caused by the Billions the English league has been getting....not even you.

#1009 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,422 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 05:09 PM

Dug I have said right from the start my problem is created by Sky as it DIRECTLY effects the game in the country.....every single aspect of the game has been damaged by Sky.

From the quality of player in the country.......sky because the gift English teams billions for 2 decades now with more throwing in money enabling them to buy whoever, whenever.

Effects the support in this country......as I have pointed out time and again young kids are now so engrossed in the English game because its on Sky AND they have the big players thanks to you know who..sky

Effects our youth football.....losing more and more talented youngsters tempted by the money down south and thry usually fail as percentages work against many a young player down there.

Just so many aspects that it has now crossed over too Dug and NO ONE can deny this is caused by the Billions the English league has been getting....not even you.

You've said the exact same for long and weary....I've countered it for long and weary.....your argument is weaker than Baldrick coming up with another cunning plan. I've given you my more than adequate responses including reasoning. Your problem is that for an unhealthy reason you HATE Sky tv....you will not take into account ANYONE's argument (that's your prerogative).

Oh & yes I can deny it mate.

#1010 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,254 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 05:28 PM

Dug you have no argument FFS because there is NONE. What have you countered back with other than deny what I say or I hate sky.....big deal.

Answer me this then.......why is there such a massive gulf in finances. Rangers who are/were in the top 5 commercially profitable football clubs in the UK and were number one BEFORE TV money and the difference it has made to the English game.
You are arguing because right from the get go you have said the opposite from me and you are stubborn on the whole scenario.

Sky has transformed the game, FACT.

#1011 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 18,640 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 05:46 PM

Answer me this then.......why is there such a massive gulf in finances. Rangers who are/were in the top 5 commercially profitable football clubs in the UK and were number one BEFORE TV money

Link?

#1012 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 18,640 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 05:49 PM

So it's up the parents of the kids who knew Scots football before sky to take them to the football on cheap tickets

#1013 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 69,422 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 05:59 PM

Dug you have no argument FFS because there is NONE. What have you countered back with other than deny what I say or I hate sky.....big deal.

Answer me this then.......why is there such a massive gulf in finances. Rangers who are/were in the top 5 commercially profitable football clubs in the UK and were number one BEFORE TV money and the difference it has made to the English game.
You are arguing because right from the get go you have said the opposite from me and you are stubborn on the whole scenario.

Sky has transformed the game, FACT.

Nup....I have argued because you are wrong. The massive gulf in finances is simply because since Sky got involved English football has carried more appeal for live tv football which spread to Scotland and the punters here were prepared to pay to watch English games because so many games up here were/are fucking dross. Oh, touchy touchy Cam....I have consistently given you reasons as to why I believe you are wrong.

Only thing you have got right is that Sky have transformed the game!

You're hatred is infringing on your perspective mate.

#1014 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,254 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 06:23 PM

No its not, the quality of the English game has increased because of TV money......to deny Sky have caused the massive difference in the game is beyond comprehension Dug it really is. If anyone on here agrees with you I will be staggered.

#1015 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 18,640 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 06:47 PM

No its not, the quality of the English game has increased because of TV money......to deny Sky have caused the massive difference in the game is beyond comprehension Dug it really is. If anyone on here agrees with you I will be staggered.

Do Scottish clubs in SPL get an equal share of the tv money or is it the more you feature the more you earn?

#1016 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,254 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 06:54 PM

Do Scottish clubs in SPL get an equal share of the tv money or is it the more you feature the more you earn?

I think its equal now, or at least if same number of games are shown it is......i dont actually know Norn but I'm guessing you will have something negative to say about.....as in Rangers get more than Hamilton for example.
Yeah not fair I guess.

#1017 cmon norn iron

cmon norn iron

A living legend

• 18,640 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 07:03 PM

I think its equal now, or at least if same number of games are shown it is......i dont actually know Norn but I'm guessing you will have something negative to say about.....as in Rangers get more than Hamilton for example.
Yeah not fair I guess.

It's the same argument for small Scottish clubs against the Old Firm who are virtually on live nearly every week so will get more money  that you have with English clubs against the Old Firm

#1018 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,254 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 07:13 PM

It's the same argument for small Scottish clubs against the Old Firm who are virtually on live nearly every week so will get more money  that you have with English clubs against the Old Firm

Its not the same though Norn, not even close. Rangers and Celtic have ALWAYS had more money than the rest as we have a helluva lot more fans......Hamilton get like 2000 at a game if they are lucky with a fan base of around 10000 maybe a wee bit more. This has always been the case even before TV money.

Its no where near the same.

Do you agree that Sky have changed the game......FUCK Niederkorn score......in such a big way that clubs in England can spend what they want on who they want.

Dug keeps banging on about thats because they have an attractive league.....aye ofcourse they do spending 200 grand per week on wages for one player does that.....without SKY they can not pay that money and have those players.

Look at the influx of foreign players in the game....why are they here. Eh money that comes directly from effing SKY.

Great for the game in England sure and the people who like to watch on TV but there is a bigger problem it creates and I have mentioned them time and time again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users