What You Reading and How?

446 replies to this topic

#1 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 6,466 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:51 PM

Like my books and mainly read thrillers or crime fiction. Big fan of Lee Child.

Bought a Kindle Fire from a mate who brought it back from States as only cost me £80 and selling for £130 on eBay. I digress :-) Never thought I would like e books.

Downloaded the Hunger Games Trilogy and enjoying this at the minute.

What you guys read? Any alternatives to Lee Child for me to get in to? Traditional book or e-book?

#2 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,499 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:54 PM

Like my books and mainly read thrillers or crime fiction. Big fan of Lee Child.

Bought a Kindle Fire from a mate who brought it back from States as only cost me £80 and selling for £130 on eBay. I digress :-) Never thought I would like e books.

Downloaded the Hunger Games Trilogy and enjoying this at the minute.

What you guys read? Any alternatives to Lee Child for me to get in to? Traditional book or e-book?

Do you like fictional gangster books Chappy?...If so Martina Cole can be a good read,,,,,violent but very realistic! Ah,m a traditional sort o' chap.

tumblr_mkp6pdRTLW1qbxi45o8_500.gif

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#3 Charlie Bhoy

Charlie Bhoy

Keep on smiling.

• 11,882 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:56 PM

Love reading myself.. Ive got a kindle as well. Like readin true stories about world war 2.. Bit of a hobby of mine.
Reading Alistair Uquart @ the mo. The last standing soldier from the jap prisoner of war camps.. Nasty fuckers them nips.

#4 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,391 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

I am almost half way through fifty shades of grey. I bought the paper back or the wife and thought I would see what the fuss is about.

#5 Charlie Bhoy

Charlie Bhoy

Keep on smiling.

• 11,882 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:01 PM

I am almost half way through fifty shades of grey. I bought the paper back or the wife and thought I would see what the fuss is about.

Christ almighty craig.. Pure clat ffs.... :oops:

#6 Kling Klong

Kling Klong

The Token Cypriot

• 1,115 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:03 PM

I am more of a non ficition kind of person. Enjoy the biogs and such like. I think I may just about be one of the few that read books the traditional way, no e-readers and such like. I got my wife a KOBO but I can't be arsed with the thing myself.

Currently reading "The Cyprus Consipircy" - Interesting take on the Turkish invasion of Cyprus. Basically how for strategic reasons the US and Britian wanted the Island to be divided.

#7 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• 6,466 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:05 PM

Do you like fictional gangster books Chappy?...If so Martina Cole can be a good read,,,,,violent but very realistic! Ah,m a traditional sort o' chap.

the Mrs likes her. Will give her a go ...maybe Martina too! What is traditional then BD?

#8 Kling Klong

Kling Klong

The Token Cypriot

• 1,115 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:06 PM

Say it ain't so Craig...!!!

#9 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• 6,466 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

I am more of a non ficition kind of person. Enjoy the biogs and such like. I think I may just about be one of the few that read books the traditional way, no e-readers and such like. I got my wife a KOBO but I can't be arsed with the thing myself.

kk sounds interesting book as I lived in Cyprus for a while, so always like to read this situation too.

Used to just get books fae library and don't think paying for books will be long term for me either.

Currently reading "The Cyprus Consipircy" - Interesting take on the Turkish invasion of Cyprus. Basically how for strategic reasons the US and Britian wanted the Island to be divided.

#10 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,499 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:11 PM

the Mrs likes her. Will give her a go ...maybe Martina too! What is traditional then BD?

Sorry mate, when ah said traditional ah meant actual hardback/paperback reader.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind!

#11 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• 6,466 posts

Not sure what happened there! Beers and sunshine affecting ability to use phone :-)

#12 Charlie Bhoy

Charlie Bhoy

Keep on smiling.

• 11,882 posts

Vodka & cans of lager..... :lol:

#13 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,499 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:12 PM

AW man...ah despair!!!!!!

#14 Elchappy

Elchappy

bought the T shirt

• 6,466 posts

Beers and sunshine affecting ability to understand plain English ;-)

#15 ?apester

?apester

Football Legend

• Members
  • 20,954 posts

George RR Martin A feast of crows .

I actually download a lot of audio books and listen to them on my phone as i do a lot of driving.
Muhahahahaha

#16 black dog

black dog

Sooty is watching YOU!

• 70,499 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:13 PM

Vodka & cans of lager..... :lol:

Wrong thread Chas.... :P

#17 ?apester

?apester

Football Legend

• Members
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:15 PM

And wslking of dogs :-P
Muhahahahaha

#18 craig

craig

Site Owner

• Administrators
  • 52,391 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:22 PM

Mr grey sounds like such a dish. Rich too.

#19 douglasta

douglasta

Brazil Correspondent!

• Members
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

Paperbacks. The Kindle looks sweet though.

Just read sequel to "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" by Steig Larsson, called "The Girl Who Played With Fire". Brilliant it is and can't wait to get my hands on the third book of the trilogy, "The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest".

Just started the Dan Brown novel, "The Lost Symbol".

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
-----------------CORINTHIANS - Eterna paixão----------------- ...................2012 COPA LIBERTADORES & FIFA WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONS 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

#20 ?apester

?apester

Football Legend

• Members
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:40 PM

Paperbacks. The Kindle looks sweet though.

Just read sequel to "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" by Steig Larsson, called "The Girl Who Played With Fire". Brilliant it is and can't wait to get my hands on the third book of the trilogy, "The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest".

Just started the Dan Brown novel, "The Lost Symbol".

Do you like Dan Brown ? I read the Davinci code and thought it wasnt that good
Muhahahahaha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users