celtic

3087 replies to this topic

#3081 Lord Bastion

Lord Bastion

Football Legend

• Members (over 1000 posts)
  • 33,289 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:15 PM

Didn't play well last night against Anderlecht... It was a dire watch. I've been increasingly frustrated with this Celtic team this season. Sure, we qualified for the champions league and have managed to gain European football post Christmas. Yes Anderlecht have a larger budget and we are still unbeaten domestically etc. Etc.
But all that masks a very mediocre team that is over hyped by the Scottish press. The form of Sinclair has been poor, Armstrong and Forrest never turns up on the big occasion and the team is never honest about it's shortcomings when up against good sides. The praise PSG, Bayern and Anderlecht without looking at what they could of done better. Same old story of Scottish teams in Europe. Meet a team with any semblance of quality and they lose their nerve. Pish..

Bottom line, the team is good enough (by a country mile) for what's important....

Domestic domination

Europe is a sideshow for any club outside 4/5 countries

#3082 Camshy

Camshy

World Class

• 7,435 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:06 AM

Didn't play well last night against Anderlecht... It was a dire watch. I've been increasingly frustrated with this Celtic team this season. Sure, we qualified for the champions league and have managed to gain European football post Christmas. Yes Anderlecht have a larger budget and we are still unbeaten domestically etc. Etc.
But all that masks a very mediocre team that is over hyped by the Scottish press. The form of Sinclair has been poor, Armstrong and Forrest never turns up on the big occasion and the team is never honest about it's shortcomings when up against good sides. The praise PSG, Bayern and Anderlecht without looking at what they could of done better. Same old story of Scottish teams in Europe. Meet a team with any semblance of quality and they lose their nerve. Pish..

Quick search on the net says otherwise, Celtic have a larger budget on wages etc.

#3083 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:45 AM

Funnily enough Enders I said most of that about a year ago about this Celtic team and wee Hoopz jumped in going on about this that and whatever. At the end of the day there are far better Celtic teams who won nothing. MoNs 2003 team come to mind

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#3084 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:48 AM

Bottom line, the team is good enough (by a country mile) for what's important....

Domestic domination

Europe is a sideshow for any club outside 4/5 countries

The dodgy , money laundering, terrorist funding, tax dodging weirdo said as much to the Celtic support years ago.

Celtic will spend enough to stay ahead in Scotland but Europe is just a bonus

wheresoeverwhensoever and howsoever we are called upon to make our exit. We shall do so as free men.

#3085 Hunterian

Hunterian

Veteran

• 1,304 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:07 PM

The dodgy , money laundering, terrorist funding, tax dodging weirdo said as much to the Celtic support years ago.

Celtic will spend enough to stay ahead in Scotland but Europe is just a bonus

Come on Trav, how do you really feel?

#3086 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Football Legend

• 6,025 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:17 PM

Come on Trav, how do you really feel?

Don't. I was driving along Glasgow Road earlier by Bathgo Avenue and i started getting wound up thinking about my 'hard earned'( :lol: ) Council tax money!!

#3087 Jiffy

Jiffy

Veteran

• 1,059 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:32 AM

Wan struggle. :-P

They really are a special breed.

Attached Thumbnails

• FB_IMG_1512918359306.jpg

#3088 Hairy Scot

Hairy Scot